HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR 30in30 and Puck Preview

Old
09-09-2009, 03:07 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
NYR 30in30 and Puck Preview

TSN's review of the Rangers

...Dubi could be 50-55 and Gabby is only 2nd to Ovechkin in goals/game production, since the lockout.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290499

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/story/?id=290479

Other notes:

I'll lighten up on Redden when he justifies his money and Avery will be just fine.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:08 PM
otto1219

where was the article that tsn read that said that dubi and the rangers are "miles away" in negotiations?

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Levitate

Yeah that hurts their credibility a bit

And it's not a very in depth or useful review. They spotlight Avery as their guy to watch mainly because they think he'll blow up at some point (and not in a points way)

meh

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah that hurts their credibility a bit

And it's not a very in depth or useful review. They spotlight Avery as their guy to watch mainly because they think he'll blow up at some point (and not in a points way)

meh
frankly I think him and Torts will have a blow out at one point too. I definately see him getting benched or suspended for at least 5 games from Torts this year.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quick question: I didn't really know that much about Arnason before we got him and thought that he was a scrub based on what people had to say. On the other hand, I just looked at his past stats and he had some good years. What are the chances that he returns to his previous form as a 40-50 point player? I'd figure slim based on the board's general perception of him but he's still only 30.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
Quick question: I didn't really know that much about Arnason before we got him and thought that he was a scrub based on what people had to say. On the other hand, I just looked at his past stats and he had some good years. What are the chances that he returns to his previous form as a 40-50 point player? I'd figure slim based on the board's general perception of him but he's still only 30.
depth forward, i doubt he even plays a lot this year unless an injury occurs. Avalanche gave him top minutes for a few weeks last year with their injuries and he pretty much **** the bed. I see him as a andrew hutchinson type player, spending most of his time in hartford.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

22nd out of 30 teams?

eh...id have us more like 15th out of 30...22, with Henrik Lundqvist, seems kinda low.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
22nd out of 30 teams?

eh...id have us more like 15th out of 30...22, with Henrik Lundqvist, seems kinda low.
everyone is putting the Rangers pretty low. Just motivation to prove everyone wrong.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
everyone is putting the Rangers pretty low. Just motivation to prove everyone wrong.
There was that one year after the lockout that the Rangers were ranked to go dead last and that turned out to be a pretty important year for the team. I prefer mid season evaluations because a team that may not look as good on paper can develop great chemistry or the coach can instill a really good system. It's too risky to try and predict (esp for a team like NYR and all the changes) what's gonna happen before even 1 game is played.

That said I see the Rangers finishing in the top 15 in the league and prolly in the 4-8ish spot if all goes as planned.

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

No mention of Lundqvist, which is pretty poor considering he is the backbone of this team.

No mention of any rookie potentials. As Levitate said - Meh. Throw it away - you can tell there wasn't much research done, ton of assuming.

I'm loving the low rankings though. The lower the better.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I'm away at school in Mass. and I was in my schools bookstore and I saw some NHL magazines. One of course was The Hockey News. I've had some free time after baseball and after classes so I figurd I'd buy the two magazines. Anyways the Hockey News was doing something for a fantasy outlook. God they have to be some of the worst writers around. Just an awful read. Their depth charts are terrible. There is no date for this issue, it just says to be displayed until October 27th, 2009. They do have some of the offseason moves, but they still have Hudler listed on the Red Wings. They dont have recent free agent signings like prospal (who is still listed with TB), schneider, bertuzzi, etc...which you know are understandable. And they still have Zherdev listed with us which is also understandable.

But the one thing that was so ridiculous is that Kotalik is listed NOWHERE in the book. He isnt listed with Buffalo, or with the Free Agents still available, and he's not with ALL the players who they have point predictions for this season which includes free agents who are unsigned.

Just complete idiots.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 11:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

This article suked ass, it looked like the authr just took a bunch of press snipets & threw them togther, there is no mention of our deep player prospect pool, no mention of Lundquist. Egads this was a terrible read.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:00 AM
rmcg11

did anyone else catch that in the fantasy review article that have valentenko listed on our depth chart...isn't he playing in russia right now...and they also have both potter and sauer ahead of sangs

rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
But the one thing that was so ridiculous is that Kotalik is listed NOWHERE in the book. He isnt listed with Buffalo, or with the Free Agents still available, and he's not with ALL the players who they have point predictions for this season which includes free agents who are unsigned.

Just complete idiots.
Kotalik is probably still on the EDM. roster, that is where he finished last year.

The TSN piece is garbage!

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote