HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
With my 3rd year almost in the books here at HF, and now one of your trusty Mods, I figure it's time to formerly introduce myself. Here goes...
welcome?

Quote:
NHL09 Top Line: Que? I have SNES and play Super Mario Kart. Koopa is my boy
Koopa is back with a vengeance in the Wii version.

Old
08-22-2009, 05:27 PM
hrychuk32

hey guys, I've been following the entire forum but mostly the flyers portion for about a year and finally figured I would join the party. lets go flyers!!

Oh and toad is way better than Koopa in SNES, better speed and steering : P

Old
08-22-2009, 05:55 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

I have followed these boards for awhile maybe a year and a half and just decided to register and post here and there.

Name: Zac

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phillies, Eagles

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins

Favorite Player(s): Mike Richards, Handzus, Timonen, (even though he is on the Devils) Parise, Gagne, and JR

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Kennedy, Talbot, Dupuis, Malkin, Jagr, Kasparitis, Tucker

NHL09 Top Line: Gagne-Richards-Parise

Team: Lancaster Firebirds and Hershey Jr. Bears

Position: Right Wing and Defense

Flyers fan since: The 03-04 season, my brother was the biggest hockey influence on me, he got me to play it and watch it and right away I fell in love with it.

Old
08-22-2009, 06:01 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post

Favorite players: Jeremy Roenick until I saw a young Flyers prospect of by the name of Mike Richards play for the Kitchener Rangers at the Aud against the Erie Otters in the 2005 OHL playoffs. (Richie had 4 points and the GW in OT).
I went to see the Kitchener Rangers play in 06 and got to see what I thought was going to be the Flyers first round pick in Patrick Kane. I also saw Sam Gagner, Josh Beaulieu, Sergei Kostitsyn, Steve Mason, Steve Downie, Nazem Kadri, Jakub Kindl, and John Murray who is from Lancaster. It was a crazy game!

Old
08-23-2009, 01:17 AM
CharlieGirl

Welcome to the boards fellas! Jump right in - the water's just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
I went to see the Kitchener Rangers play in 06 and got to see what I thought was going to be the Flyers first round pick in Patrick Kane. I also saw Sam Gagner, Josh Beaulieu, Sergei Kostitsyn, Steve Mason, Steve Downie, Nazem Kadri, Jakub Kindl, and John Murray who is from Lancaster. It was a crazy game!
Good choice of game - London is Kitchener's biggest rival. We hate 'em!

Old
09-10-2009, 12:15 PM
bodangleroo28

Ive been on here for years mostly reading and posting once in a while, but ive decided i want to get more involved.

Name: Brian

Location: Just transfered to Suny Plattsburgh from CC in Albany

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins

Favorite Player(s): Mike Richards, Iginla, Pronger, Lindros for life.
Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Ovechkin, Avery, Stevens, Rutuu
NHL09 Top Line: Gagne-Richards-Iginla

Team: Albany Storm

Position: Right Wing and Center

Flyers fan since: My brother started playing in 95 and his bestfriend told him he played like Lindros and ever since i eat sleep and dream about the Flyers!!!!!!

Old
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
FlyersGirl28

Hi all! I joined about a month and a half ago and have only posted a couple of times. Figured I'd go ahead and post some info about myself so you can get to know me a little better.

Name: Jessica

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Dolphins ( don't hate me! )

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Penguins, Penguins, Cowboys and Patriots

Favorite Player(s): Mike Richards, Daniel Carcillo, Martin Biron ( yes I love him ), Steve Mason, RJ Umberger, Darrien Hatcher, Henrik Zetterberg, Ryan Getzlaf

Most Hated Player(s): all penguins especially Crosby and pigface Kennedy, Sean Avery and Martin Broduer ( or however you spell his name )

NHL09 Top Line: hmm... I'd have to think of this more. Too many good ones to pick just one.

Flyers fan since: 2 seasons ago... kind of a newbie, I know, but I grew up in a house where football was god and there were no other sports except football. I've always liked hockey because of the roughness and shear talent. The Flyers are my favorite team because they are one of the most entertaining teams to watch and they are my first love of the sport. I will be a Flyers fan for life! I may be kind of new but I know a lot about hockey, I learn quick.

Old
09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
CharlieGirl

Welcome both of you!

Please jump right in -- don't be shy! We're not bad... really. A little (okay, a lot) irreverent most of the time, but we're alright.

FG28, you like Mason - we'll get along just fine. I love the kid. The Carcillo thing is another whole story though....

Old
09-10-2009, 02:31 PM
FlyersGirl28

Thanks Charlie_girl again. Yes I like Mason, it's amazing how he played last year.. I found myself a lot of the time last season staying up late just to watch their games.

As for Carcillo, I like the guy, I realize a lot of Flyers fans don't.. but to me he plays with more heart than most of the Flyers did last season. I realize that a lot of people where upset about the Upshall trade, and I kinda was too at first but after watching Carcy play I forgot all about Upshall. To me he brings more to the table then Upshall did. But that's just my opinion

Old
09-10-2009, 02:44 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGirl28 View Post
Thanks Charlie_girl again. Yes I like Mason, it's amazing how he played last year.. I found myself a lot of the time last season staying up late just to watch their games.

As for Carcillo, I like the guy, I realize a lot of Flyers fans don't.. but to me he plays with more heart than most of the Flyers did last season. I realize that a lot of people where upset about the Upshall trade, and I kinda was too at first but after watching Carcy play I forgot all about Upshall. To me he brings more to the table then Upshall did. But that's just my opinion
It's always nice to see more ladies on the boards. Welcome!

Old
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGirl28 View Post

Id watch saying stuff like that around here, might restart the Civil War we had in here before. But yea we all have the players we dislike on the team, and Carcillo is mine. It doesnt have anything to do with Upshall, I just dont think the guy can play.

I'll save the Carcillo debate for another time though

Welcome to the board!

Old
09-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Talbetts

Name: Justin

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Canucks
Most Hated Team(s): Penguins and Stillers, Rangers/Giants/Yanks, Devils, Red Wings

Favorite Player(s): Steve Downie, Daniel Carcillo, Mr. Emery, PJ Stock, Avery, Barnaby, Brash, Laraque, Nash, Luongo, M. Richards, Ovie, Getzlaf, Iggy, Datsyuk, Pronger, Tocchet, Hexy, Clarkie, Bernie, Pelle, all ex Flyers (except for a few that I wont name)

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Randy Jones with the cap hit

NHL09 Top Line: Dont play

Flyers fan since: BIRTH!

Old
09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Welcome to the three noobs (flyers6, FlyersGirl28, 27272727), nice to see the group grow just in time for the upcoming season.

FlyersGirl28, watch out for both IrishSniper and ToTheNet. They are both 70+ year old male Pittsburgh Penguins fans posing as Flyers fans. Use your internet smarts and don't say I didn't warn you.

Cheers.

Old
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Welcome to the three noobs (flyers6, FlyersGirl28, 27272727), nice to see the group grow just in time for the upcoming season.

FlyersGirl28, watch out for both IrishSniper and ToTheNet. They are both 70+ year old male Pittsburgh Penguins fans posing as Flyers fans. Use your internet smarts and don't say I didn't warn you.

Cheers.
That is a complete fabrication. Do 70 year olds even know how to use a computer?

And the Penguins have fans? Like real ones and not fair weather ones?

News to me.

I'm 22. I'm a stud.

Old
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
I might aswell come into the light also.

Zack

Lived in philly for 10 years before recently finding a hot blonde in Austin Texas.

Oh and a flyers fan?!

Old
09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
That is a complete fabrication. Do 70 year olds even know how to use a computer?

And the Penguins have fans? Like real ones and not fair weather ones?

News to me.

I'm 22. I'm a stud.

pssst... you could always bring up this picture

Now you win

Old
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
pssst... you could always bring up this picture

Now you win
^ Opus and CK??

Old
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
^ Opus and CK??
*ducks out of the way*

Old
09-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:

Cheers.
Hahaha....

Welcome to the "newbies"... Flyers6, FlyersGirl, 27272727272727272772, and Zbryne! You should have a lot of fun here.

Flyers girl... I was a relative newbie to being a Flyers fan and I can give ya a bit of advice. See if you can borrow or rent the 10 greatest Flyer games on DVD (unless you just wanna buy it). Watch those games and you'll get a great sense of the awesome history of this team... and why we all love them!

Old
09-14-2009, 06:08 AM
weerrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Hahaha....

Welcome to the "newbies"... Flyers6, FlyersGirl, 27272727272727272772, and Zbryne! You should have a lot of fun here.

Flyers girl... I was a relative newbie to being a Flyers fan and I can give ya a bit of advice. See if you can borrow or rent the 10 greatest Flyer games on DVD (unless you just wanna buy it). Watch those games and you'll get a great sense of the awesome history of this team... and why we all love them!
I have probably not seen many of those games because when I grew up I could only read about Flyers and watch some highlights on the sport news. So, where the heck can you buy those games?

Welcome all new ones.

Old
09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerrt View Post
I have probably not seen many of those games because when I grew up I could only read about Flyers and watch some highlights on the sport news. So, where the heck can you buy those games?

Welcome all new ones.
You can get it for as low as $28 bucks on Amazon. Definitely worth it for the Flyers/Russian game alone.

http://www.amazon.com/NHL-Philadelph...931410&sr=8-14

Old
09-14-2009, 07:49 AM
weerrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
You can get it for as low as $28 bucks on Amazon. Definitely worth it for the Flyers/Russian game alone.

http://www.amazon.com/NHL-Philadelph...931410&sr=8-14
Cheers!

Old
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
IronMarshal

Name: My kids call me Dad, and since I am the probably the old man here, that seems appropriate.
Favorite player all time: Ray Bourque
Favorite present Flyer: Mike Richards
Favorite past Flyer: ? Tough one, Barber, Clarke, Parent, Propp are all very close.
Flyers fan since about 1970.
The older I get, the less I seem to post.

Old
09-18-2009, 06:36 PM
mchrissy77

Name: Chrissy

Favorite Team(s): Flyers and the rest you don't want to know...
Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Red Sox, Lakers and the entire NFC North; my team included.

Favorite Player(s): Timonen

Most Hated Player(s): Avery and Slew foot Malkin top a rather lengthy list.

NHL09 Top Line: Don't play

Flyers fan since: Since I can remember.

I've been lurking/reading since the the NHL run boards underwent an unfortunate change.

Old
09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal View Post
Name: My kids call me Dad, and since I am the probably the old man here, that seems appropriate.
Favorite player all time: Ray Bourque
Favorite present Flyer: Mike Richards
Favorite past Flyer: ? Tough one, Barber, Clarke, Parent, Propp are all very close.
Flyers fan since about 1970.
The older I get, the less I seem to post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchrissy77 View Post
Name: Chrissy

Favorite Team(s): Flyers and the rest you don't want to know...
Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Red Sox, Lakers and the entire NFC North; my team included.

Favorite Player(s): Timonen

Most Hated Player(s): Avery and Slew foot Malkin top a rather lengthy list.

NHL09 Top Line: Don't play

Flyers fan since: Since I can remember.

I've been lurking/reading since the the NHL run boards underwent an unfortunate change.
Welcome guys!! Chrissy...always nice to have another gal around. And I don't think we have a Rhode Islander among us yet!!

Closed Thread