HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gretzky out as coach in Phoenix....maybe

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2009, 03:17 AM
  #1
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,300
vCash: 500
Gretzky out as coach in Phoenix....maybe

With the Ice Edge bid for the Coyotes now officially pulled, Gretzky is more than likely out in Phoenix as both the NHL and Balsille don't have Gretzky in their plans.

He wasn't coaching the Rookies in LA yesterday and the Coyotes have said his status is TBD, for Saturday when the Coyotes training camp open.

http://twitter.com/brahmresnik/

Quote:
Coyotes BK: End of Ice Edge apparently means end of Gretzky era in PHX. Not coaching rookies; status for vets camp Sat TBD, team says.

Dolemite is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:29 AM
  #2
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 28,865
vCash: 500
I'd say that I appreciate what he has done, and thank him for keeping the Coyotes here the first time around, but he has since caused enough suffering to wipe out all that good will. Watch the Phoenix/Hamilton/KC/Whatever Coyotes take off like a rocket without him and the FOGs around. Just ****** that the team might not be here for us to see that in person.

With Gretzky out, the odds of the home run season needed to keep the team here get better. Not the best, but still better.

XX is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:32 AM
  #3
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
With Gretzky out, the odds of the home run season needed to keep the team here get better. Not the best, but still better.
Agree 100%.

Dolemite is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 11:26 AM
  #4
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
I guess that means Maloney's pal Sulliman will be running the team...?

zyllyx is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
  #5
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,165
vCash: 500
Or Doug MacLean. He's PSE's advisor.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290599

I wonder if GMDM's status is in jeopardy?

Kaizen is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
  #6
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 12,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post

I wonder if GMDM's status is in jeopardy?
DM is retained under the NHL bid.

Everybody that's not a player is gone under the JB bid.

mouser is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
  #7
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
I guess that means Maloney's pal Sulliman will be running the team...?
At this point I'm going by the see it to believe it mentality with all of this.

If Wayne Gretzky is coaching this season then the fans need to boo him at every game every period and every minute until he steps down!

If I have to be the one that has to lead the crowd into a "Step Down Gretzky" chat then I will!
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
  #8
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
I guess that means Maloney's pal Sulliman will be running the team...?
Greg Ireland would be nice.

rt is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
  #9
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
DM is retained under the NHL bid.

Everybody that's not a player is gone under the JB bid.
I might be able to remain a fan of the team if they move to Ontario. If that means that Shane Doan and Don Maloney are both out, I just...I don't know...

They better not ****ing move!

rt is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 01:57 PM
  #10
YotesFan
Registered User
 
YotesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 2,403
vCash: 500
No way could I remain a fan if they moved! I mean I would probably follow there scores and standings, but I would not be a fan. If they move I would divorce myself from them. I don't know what I would do NHL wise. I would most likely become a Flyers fan (Mom's whole family is from there). But I wouldn't buy Center Ice so I could watch there games.

I guess I would just get even more into the Cards, Suns, Dbacks.

YotesFan is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
  #11
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan View Post
No way could I remain a fan if they moved! I mean I would probably follow there scores and standings, but I would not be a fan. If they move I would divorce myself from them. I don't know what I would do NHL wise. I would most likely become a Flyers fan (Mom's whole family is from there). But I wouldn't buy Center Ice so I could watch there games.

I guess I would just get even more into the Cards, Suns, Dbacks.
For me the San Jose Sharks are my 2nd favorite team and my first favorite team will be where Shane Doan signs with if he wants and demands out of the team moving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 02:04 PM
  #12
ower
Registered User
 
ower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SEA by way of Tempe
Country: United States
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
The only thing that would be worse than that would be listening to the Canadians go on about how the Magically made them a competitive team and that's why they're doing so much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
I'd say that I appreciate what he has done, and thank him for keeping the Coyotes here the first time around, but he has since caused enough suffering to wipe out all that good will. Watch the Phoenix/Hamilton/KC/Whatever Coyotes take off like a rocket without him and the FOGs around. Just ****** that the team might not be here for us to see that in person.

With Gretzky out, the odds of the home run season needed to keep the team here get better. Not the best, but still better.

ower is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:18 PM
  #13
mitch27
Registered User
 
mitch27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan View Post
No way could I remain a fan if they moved! I mean I would probably follow there scores and standings, but I would not be a fan. If they move I would divorce myself from them. I don't know what I would do NHL wise. I would most likely become a Flyers fan (Mom's whole family is from there). But I wouldn't buy Center Ice so I could watch there games.

I guess I would just get even more into the Cards, Suns, Dbacks.
I've been thinking long and hard about what to do if they move. I also think i wouldn't be able to stay a fan. I just can't support Ballsack in any way.

mitch27 is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
  #14
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Greg Ireland would be nice.
I agree. Maybe the Ducks can provide a coach for San Antonio now that the AHL affiliate is shared.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
  #15
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,266
vCash: 500
Just curious if this instability with the team causes anyone to waiver in their interest with the team? For example, I have always gone to training camp in years past, but I feel like limiting my involvement with this team right now if they won't be here past next season. Maybe it's a sign of my overall interest in the team, but I am curious to see what happens this year. Maybe I've been downgraded from a hardcore fan to a casual fan.

Guest is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
  #16
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
Just curious if this instability with the team causes anyone to waiver in their interest with the team? For example, I have always gone to training camp in years past, but I feel like limiting my involvement with this team right now if they won't be here past next season. Maybe it's a sign of my overall interest in the team, but I am curious to see what happens this year. Maybe I've been downgraded from a hardcore fan to a casual fan.
My interest in the team will remain so long as the team does. The minute the first moving van leaves, thus endeth my interest in the team.

zyllyx is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
  #17
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 28,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
Just curious if this instability with the team causes anyone to waiver in their interest with the team? For example, I have always gone to training camp in years past, but I feel like limiting my involvement with this team right now if they won't be here past next season. Maybe it's a sign of my overall interest in the team, but I am curious to see what happens this year. Maybe I've been downgraded from a hardcore fan to a casual fan.
If they leave, they are dead to me. I will follow some players out of curiosity but nothing more. I am a home town team type person, having moved here from Michigan I immediately switched from the Red Wings to the Coyotes. Kind of a **** deal, if you ask me

XX is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  #18
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Kind of a **** deal, if you ask me
Yeah, but at least we have palm trees and jobs here. Well, we used to have jobs.

rt is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
  #19
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
Maybe the Ducks can provide a coach for San Antonio now that the AHL affiliate is shared.
Good call. I hope this happens. I hope the Coyotes stay, Gretzky and his lackies get the axe, Ireland gets a promotion(just for a year or two to see what he's got), and the Ducks can clean up the mess down on the farm.

rt is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
  #20
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Come on guys, let's have some faith. Our team is staying, our so called coach is out.
Balsilly is done. We're a couple of days away from the good news!!!!!!

knowsthegame is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 08:14 PM
  #21
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,054
vCash: 500
http://twitter.com/brahmresnik

Latest tweet from Brahm Resnik: Moss says Gretzky is still the coach until someone tells him differently! Doesn't know when Gretzky will show up!
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 08:19 PM
  #22
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Or Doug MacLean. He's PSE's advisor.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290599

I wonder if GMDM's status is in jeopardy?
MacLean is so, so, so terrible. Just awful.

rt is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 08:54 PM
  #23
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
http://twitter.com/brahmresnik

Latest tweet from Brahm Resnik: Moss says Gretzky is still the coach until someone tells him differently! Doesn't know when Gretzky will show up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah just saw that. Kind of figured that was going to be the team stance until things have been solidified.

Dolemite is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
  #24
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
MacLean is so, so, so terrible. Just awful.
He certainly has the track record to continue the franchise playoff-less streak if they are moved to Hamilton.

How about if we track down Kiel McLeod, award him to BaldSilly & MacLean (apologize for signing away the then-marquee free-agent), and they can start build a team around him for future expansion in Hamilton.

Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 09:56 PM
  #25
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
I talked explicitly with Doug Moss during one of the intermissions today, he told me that Wayne will be coaching as of Saturday as no ones contract/ lease (in the case of Glendale) has been dissolved as a part of these hearings and likely wont be decided before Saturday.

TeamTippett is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.