HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Rookie Game Part 2 - Los Angeles vs. Phoenix @ Toyota Sports Center

Old
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Saw Doughty outside with Frolov get into a car and drive off at intermission. Guess they just watched the first period. Doughty has bad ass sunglasses.
Was Doughty driving Frolov to the airport?

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Craigy

Quote:
Hickey showed smooth skating and a few good passes, but I still dont see him making the team this year. He gets moved around easily by bigger forwards. Despite his sakting, he doesn't appear to glide through or around hard checking forwards. I still thinks he is small and gets pushed around down low, and this will be even more pronounced, particularly at the NHL level. He is NOT the second coming of Lubomir Visnosky, and he is NOT ready for the NHL.

Voynov looks very poised, (far more than Hickey) and is very good positionally. He has a good eye for the game and his goal was a good quick shot on a nice set up from Schenn and Kozun. He looked better than Hickey and does not get outmuscled as Hickey does, while seemingly possessing simialr puck handling skills.
this..

Quote:
Schenn was the best player on the ice through two periods. He is fast, smart, a very good passer, and hard working in both ends of the ice, and although his second goal was a classic "garbage" goal, (they dont count em pretty or ugly, they just count 'em) his first was very nice indeed and he made a number of very nice plays, including setting up the Voynov goal.
Pretty close

Quote:
Loktionov was impressive in his skating and passing. The comparisons to a young Larionov are accurate. (alot of you likely never saw Larionov play) He is also a hard working center, and his vision and ability to avoid hits will make him a threat in the NHL. One year away.
I actually thought he was better then Schenn, he at one point had the puck on the close board then shot, skated to the other board picked up his own rebound, proceeded to skate to the net and had a good scoring chance, puck possessor, who isnt afraid to shoot, also he would draw 2 defenders and always find the open man. Set Shenn up for the 1st goal for sure. Cant wait to see him skate with the "big boys" next week!!

Craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
I actually thought he was better then Schenn, he at one point had the puck on the close board then shot, skated to the other board picked up his own rebound, proceeded to skate to the net and had a good scoring chance, puck possessor, who isnt afraid to shoot, also he would draw 2 defenders and always find the open man. Set Shenn up for the 1st goal for sure. Cant wait to see him skate with the "big boys" next week!!
You mean the 2nd goal. First goal was from Mikus. 2nd goal was Loktionov to the point then a shot and Schenn getting to the loose puck.

But I agree that Loktionov was our best forward.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:51 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Another random note. Saw someone who looked like he was with the Kings looking at this board during intermission. Spies!
Might have been "Kingsvision" he was posting the goals/assists during the game, and posted a direct link to the game. Though I don't know if he is with the Kings or not.....but i think so....maybe.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Craigy

Quote:
You mean the 2nd goal. First goal was from Mikus. 2nd goal was Loktionov to the point then a shot and Schenn getting to the loose puck.

But I agree that Loktionov was our best forward.
I knew what I meant...lol. yes the 2nd goal

Craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Johnny Utah

Kings sleeper prospect is Deslauriers. Hockey Futures is high on him too...I think he could easily be right behind Hickey as most likely to be a top 4 NHL D-man.

Johnny Utah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

i dont know why but i thought Deslauriers was some 20 or 21 year old and I never thought much of him, guess i was wrong

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Johnny Utah

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...as_deslauriers

Here is Deslauriers' profile...Seems like a 3rd round gem....

In all seriousness, we have tons of D prospects but only Hickey, Teubert and Voinov are the most likely NHL players...but Deslauriers seems like he could be right there...

Who knows what happens with Drewiske, Piskula, Bagnall, Martinez, Campbell, Anderson, Mullen, Kolomatis and co....

Johnny Utah is online now   Reply With Quote