HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Kessel still a possibility? No.

Old
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
KingsCrown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Hell yes. Marleau is ridiculously talented and is a hell of a competitor.

From my 400 mile away view, I thought it was a bad situation in the end for the sharks when Marleau went from the best player and captain, to just the captain, with Thornton being the on ice leader but a **** leader everywhere else.

Here Marleau would likely be our best player, but not the leader, while Brown is the leader but never was going to be our best player.

I don't blame Marleau for SJ's trouble. I blame an arrogance surrounding the club, Thornton being a big bag of jelly beans when it counts and McClellan's coaching going to **** in the playoffs.

I have no concerns about Marleau still being able to be dominant offensively and solid defensively, which is all he would need to be here. We have already have our leaders.
Well played.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:40 PM
johnjm22

Tsn: Kessel Through Negotiating With Bruins

Quote:
The ongoing Phil Kessel drama may have taken another interesting turn Thursday as the 21-year old sniper no longer intends to negotiate with the Boston Bruins.

The Boston Globe is reporting that Kessel's Toronto-based agent Wade Arnott has told the Bruins that his clients priority is to sign a free-agent offer sheet with one of the NHL's other 29 teams.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290631

Kessel allegedly wants 4M-5M per year. The compensation for that amount would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

If he could play LW or Center, he'd be perfect for us.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290631

Kessel allegedly wants 4M-5M per year. The compensation for that amount would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

If he could play LW or Center, he'd be perfect for us.
If Kessel could play LW then the Frolov trade might make more sense.

Kessel - Kopitar - Williams
Smyth - Marleau - Brown

That would give the Kings a top 6 that is all capable of scoring 30+ goals.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He does kind of make sense in LA, and he is worth those three draft picks, but then we have problems with the cap, at least we do next year.

Frolov - Kopitar - Williams
Smyth - Kessel - Brown

Then bump Stoll to the third line with Zues and Simmonds.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He does kind of make sense in LA, and he is worth those three draft picks, but then we have problems with the cap, at least we do next year.

Frolov - Kopitar - Williams
Smyth - Kessel - Brown

Then bump Stoll to the third line with Zues and Simmonds.
If Marleau is a King then maybe Dean is confident that Schenn can take over the 2nd line center position in 2010-11. Then there would really be no cap issue.

Old
09-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
If Marleau is a King then maybe Dean is confident that Schenn can take over the 2nd line center position in 2010-11. Then there would really be no cap issue.
That, would be stupid. If Schenn plays this year our whole organization needs to be fired, player development my ass.

Old
09-10-2009, 08:54 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
That, would be stupid. If Schenn plays this year our whole organization needs to be fired, player development my ass.
Hey, he developed quite nicely today.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Are we in the 2010-11 season already? I must have missed a year.

Old
09-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Are we in the 2010-11 season already? I must have missed a year.
2010-11 is iffy as well. Even so, why are we making deals that won't be fixed, backed-up, and alright until next season? No thanks, our team is doing just fine.

Old
09-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
2010-11 is iffy as well. Even so, why are we making deals that won't be fixed, backed-up, and alright until next season? No thanks, our team is doing just fine.
What I am saying is that acquiring Kessel would justify the rumored Frolov deal. But re-signing Marleau would not be in the Kings best interest if they want to retain their core youth. So maybe getting Marleau for a stop gap to Schenn is what Dean is considering.

Old
09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
What I am saying is that acquiring Kessel would justify the rumored Frolov deal. But re-signing Marleau would not be in the Kings best interest if they want to retain their core youth. So maybe getting Marleau for a stop gap to Schenn is what Dean is considering.
Stoll + solid top 6 player > Marleau + rookie

I would rather trade Frolov for more long-term assets than just throw him away for a year of Marleau. Stoll is the stopgap, it is unnecessary to go through that circus for Marleau. I don't understand the need of some to get rid of Stoll. He is a Stanley Cup Finals second line center once removed due to serious injury - the same injury that Zues was stricken with and took 2 seasons to rebound from. Now Zeus went from being run out of town to beloved - enter Stoll now into his run out of town moment. Why don't we give the guy his second season and see what happens?

Old
09-10-2009, 10:08 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

I would rather trade Frolov for more long-term assets than just throw him away for a year of Marleau. Stoll is the stopgap, it is unnecessary to go through that circus for Marleau. I don't understand the need of some to get rid of Stoll. He is a Stanley Cup Finals second line center once removed due to serious injury - the same injury that Zues was stricken with and took 2 seasons to rebound from. Now Zeus went from being run out of town to beloved - enter Stoll now into his run out of town moment. Why don't we give the guy his second season and see what happens?
I've been good with that all summer. Still am.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

No more Marleau talk or I will have this thread locked!

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Are you anti-Marleau or just vehemently pro Frolov?

Old
09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Not really, recent top5 forward picks are typically being plugged into the NHL line-up a year or less after getting drafted.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:24 PM
KingLB

Quote:
LOLOL I was reading the last thread and was suprised you had the power to close threads now.

P.S. Marleau!!!!

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
LOLOL I was reading the last thread and was suprised you had the power to close threads now.

P.S. Marleau!!!!
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be…unnatural. ...

Old
09-10-2009, 11:41 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be…unnatural. ...
I thought we weren't going to discuss the "darkside" again until Vegas!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
I thought we weren't going to discuss the "darkside" again until Vegas!
Different dark side

Old
09-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Are you anti-Marleau or just vehemently pro Frolov?
I am an objective observer of potential future events with reasonable insight and tempered opinion. I am also CEO and president of Kings 4 Cammy, a non profit foundation with the noble pursuit to defend the former King's talent and character from uninformed fans.

Old
09-11-2009, 12:43 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I am an objective observer of potential future events with reasonable insight and tempered opinion. I am also CEO and president of Kings 4 Cammy, a non profit foundation with the noble pursuit to defend the former King's talent and character from uninformed fans.
Got it. Pro Frolov. Do they serve punch and pie at meetings? I'd join if there was punch and pie. Or maybe a free hat.

Way to work Cammy in there, sneaky firestarter.

Luckily for now this looks like it won't happen. Hopefully tomorrow holds no surprises.

Old
09-11-2009, 04:18 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Now we find out! Well, sonny, you've let the cat out of the bag now. Expect one KINGS17 to be all over you like Flies on ****. Oh, wait, thats only me he gets on for that kind of behavior, thats right. Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. Must have been another of those senior moments I've been experiencing more and more of lately.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 05:03 AM
dick341

Quote:
Would you be opposed to Andrei Loktionov stepping into the 2nd line center spot in 10-11 if he progresses this season in Windsor/Manchester? The guy looks good right now against the yotes prospects, maybe he will be ready for L.A. next year.

dick341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:

Stoll had concussion issues, not a torn ACL like Handzus.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Omni Owl

Kessel is coming off of some major surgery. Do not want.

Omni Owl is online now   Reply With Quote