HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting stat

Old
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Interesting stat

Heard this mentioned on XM a while back and meant to post it here

Our SOG leader last season- Shea Weber with 251.

Our leading forward? Jason Arnott with 196.

Legwand had 176. Dumont had 176.

Not a single forward with over 200 shots, which is nearly unheard of. For comparison sake, Jeff Carter had 346. Ovechkin had over FIVE HUNDRED.

Is it a coincidence that our forwards don't score enough goals?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 11:16 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Rads packed up all of our "selfish shooter" juice and took it back to Russia.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 11:58 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Heard this mentioned on XM a while back and meant to post it here

Our SOG leader last season- Shea Weber with 251.

Our leading forward? Jason Arnott with 196.

Legwand had 176. Dumont had 176.

Not a single forward with over 200 shots, which is nearly unheard of. For comparison sake, Jeff Carter had 346. Ovechkin had over FIVE HUNDRED.

Is it a coincidence that our forwards don't score enough goals?

I think this directly coincides with the fact that most of our offensive guys are playmakers first. Dumont, Sully, Erat I would all call playmakers first rather than shooters. That's why I think a guy like Sykora who likes to snipe would fit in well.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I think this directly coincides with the fact that most of our offensive guys are playmakers first. Dumont, Sully, Erat I would all call playmakers first rather than shooters. That's why I think a guy like Sykora who likes to snipe would fit in well.
If Erat is a playmaker, he's a very, very bad one. I think his puckhogging hurt not only his production, but also Legwand's. If the guy would shoot more, or at least get the puck to someone else, you'd see points jumps for both of those guys.

Old
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
If Erat is a playmaker, he's a very, very bad one. I think his puckhogging hurt not only his production, but also Legwand's. If the guy would shoot more, or at least get the puck to someone else, you'd see points jumps for both of those guys.
Additionally, I don't think Dumont is a playmaker,and trying to be one is what hurt him last year. Given that he was playing on a line with Ward and Arnott--both of whom need to be shooting the puck to be valuable, he kind of fell into the de facto playmaker role, but it hurt him. His slump coincided with passing at a lot of inopportune times, especially when the better play would have been to take the shot or at least get the puck toward the net. I think Sullivan's return will benefit him enormously, and it's a reason I expect a bounceback, 25-30 goal season from Dumont. Sullivan is a bonafide playmaker, and if Dumont can get himself in the right spots, Sully will find him. If he could make Walker look like a true goalscorer, he should be able to do the same with the more talented Dumont.

Old
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
predfan24

Neck, I agree that Leggy, Erat, Dumont need to shoot the puck more. Because they all have decent shots. Erat has a great wrister for example. I'm not saying Leggy or Erat are great playmakers they just seem to have a playmaker mentailty more than a think shot first mentailty. That's why I think we need a guy who thinks shot first on that line with them.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote