HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley for Staal/Dubinsky/Rozsival

Old
09-10-2009, 06:44 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
or you could end up with 3 20 goal scorers, since prospal has hit 20 in only 7 of his 12 years in the league, Dubinsky had 12 last year sure he'll be better but it still reamins to be seen, Kotalik has hit 20 3 out of his 6 years, Callaghan had 23 in his 1 fullyear i guess he'll do it again, Higgins seems like a sure bet to get his 20 - 25 goals and if Gaborik plays 40 games he'll get 20.

so yes you could have 7 20 goals scorers but you could also end up with 2 or 3.
1 at 40 goal + likely
no one in the 30 goal + range
and 6 guy in the 15-25 goal range.
It's still a much better offense than last season. It's certainly more likely than the (apparently inevitable) tear that Sens fans all seem agreed that Heatley will go on this season. For as much as Sens fans are going on about how hot a commodity Heatley will be 20 games into the season (you know, what with him scoring a hat trick every game), what happens if Heatley plays like crap? What happens if HE starts out slow? Not only have you trashed your locker room (when the captain publicly says the guy needs to be moved, it's a sure bet he should be moved), but now he has even LESS value.

Do I think that's going to happen? No idea, but it's as up in the air as the Rangers projected scoring here (could go either way).

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
Does look Good. If i were Ott, i would actually ask for Callahan over Dubinsky, but i am sure Rangers fans would be against that.

Even as a Devs fan, I like Callahans game.

Lee is not just "another" throw in.

Him and Dubinsky were rated exactly the same by Hockeys future, and although that doesn't mean anything right now, Lee has the potential to be a top 4 D-man.

Lee is not leaving unless it is in a package to chicago with Kane, Campbell coming back

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
FLYLine24*

Time to lock this puppy down soon I hope! Let that 3 way trade be true.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
ecemleafs

well the package being rumored in the LAK, SJS, OTT trade isnt nearly as good as this one lol

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
well the package being rumored in the LAK, SJS, OTT trade isnt nearly as good as this one lol
I'd take Frolov and Stoll over Staal and Dubinsky but maybe that's just me...

Sure we don't get Roszival who is a nice asset, but we wouldn't also get his 5.0 cap hit.

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:50 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post

Lee is not just "another" throw in.

Him and Dubinsky were rated exactly the same by Hockeys future, and although that doesn't mean anything right now, Lee has the potential to be a top 4 D-man.

Lee is not leaving unless it is in a package to chicago with Kane, Campbell coming back

Who said anything about a throw in? Anyway all i was saying is that I'd take callahan over Dubinsky. An argument could be made that mcdonagh has potential to be a #4 d man also.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
Who said anything about a throw in? Anyway all i was saying is that I'd take callahan over Dubinsky. I'd also then argue mcdonagh has potential to be a #4 d man also.
I completely agree with the Callahan part.

That wasn't at you , you were just the most recent so I just quoted you being my lazy self.

Anyways, Staal would be of no value to Ottawa, same with Rosival. Dubinsky would, but there would have to be an evening out of the salaries

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I'd take Frolov and Stoll over Staal and Dubinsky but maybe that's just me...

Sure we don't get Roszival who is a nice asset, but we wouldn't also get his 5.0 cap hit.
Not saying either package equals a Heatly, but I prefer Dubinsky over Stoll.

Frolov has not really impressed me with his inconsistent play - he can star one game and be invisible the next three.

I think if you look at either package just based on talent it might not add up but Dubinsky and Staal do a LOT more for the franchise than Frolov and Stoll.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack57 View Post
Not saying either package equals a Heatly, but I prefer Dubinsky over Stoll.

Frolov has not really impressed me with his inconsistent play - he can star one game and be invisible the next three.

I think if you look at either package just based on talent it might not add up but Dubinsky and Staal do a LOT more for the franchise than Frolov and Stoll.
Well it's opinion vs opinion in that case but i'm really high on Frolov. This guy is an amazing player. First he can score 30-40 goals per season and he is also very useful on the forecheck and defensively when he doesn't score. Try to steal him the puck in the corner just for fun...

Staal might become a top shutdown D-man (Phillips type) and Dubinsky has an interesting potential but acquiring Staal and Dubinsky doesn't make the Sens better.

We have Cowen, Lee, Phillips and Volchenkov. I don't see the need for Staal except the hard-on that Murray has on him (wanted Muckler to draft him instead of Lee). No real need for Roszival as well (except for maybe this season), so his cap hit would have not been good news for the next couple years.

Dubinsky? Nice but we have Spezza, Fisher, Regin, Zubov, Caporusso, O'Brien and Zack Smith as current/potential Top-6 centers in the organization. No doubt that 2 of them will be/are Top-6 centers.

Look at this forward group if the 3-way deal happens :

Frolov (30) - Spezza (33) - Kovalev (28)
Foligno (15*) - Stoll (19) - Alfredsson (37)
Kelly (12) - Fisher (22) - Neil (11)
Ruutu (8) - Winchester (3*) - Shannon (11*)

* Number in () is the average goals scored per 82 games played since the lock-out for each one of those players. The * is for inexperienced players, life Foligno who could easily be a 25 goals scorer with Stoll and Alfredsson.

Of course, the value of the deal all depends if Frolov re-signs but the odds would be very very good considering that :

- Most first-time UFA players (90% apparently) re-sign with their own team
- Volchenkov and Frolov are apparently best friends
- Frolov would be playing with Spezza and Kovalev (another russian and player he might have a lot of respect for)

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 05:38 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Sather said no to Dubi at the draft. Your telling me he is now willing to deal Staal and Dubi. Please.
Wrong, never did. Produce a link, even a fake blog.

Your nuts if you think Ottawa trades Heatley for even a package led by Dubinsky, let alone him alone.

Only way I see it is if maybe Dubinsky is sined for dirt cheap for a long term (imo getting paid as the 13 goal scorer he is not banking on any future potential) and you package him up with NYR top prospect in the system and something else. That is infact what sather tried to do but failed as Dubinsky would not sign for cheap and might not even sign when camp rolls around.

In this Staal, Dubinsky, Rozivalt deal, Ottawa clearly does not want Rozivalt and is a salary dumb to match Heatley's cap hit.

Ottawa has no need for a player like Rozivalt making 5+ mill, They need a #1 dman, not an overpaid #4 guy.

If I am Murray I'd want Staal and Dubinsky for Heatley straight up.

Last edited by 4thliner*: 09-11-2009 at 05:44 PM.
4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote