HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rookie Camp Thread (Roster posted - camp begins September 7th)

Old
09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Sad to have missed it. But how dumb is it really to not put names on the jerseys....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sad to have missed it. But how dumb is it really to not put names on the jerseys....
It does seem kind of bizarre.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
I think I may have figured it out.

They were using grey and black jerseys today (they needed 4 jerseys colors to create 4 teams) and I am pretty sure those never have numbers and names on them. That's probably why.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
pine*

Only the goalies had their names on their back.

Do you remember seeing a goalie in grey or black?

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
They were only in red and white, IIRC.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
pine*

Yeah, well then it could make sense. It would have been stupider if only half the crew had names on their jerseys.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickin dannie View Post
He did destroy the ECHL, he was quite fearless in his game, too. He was so fun to watch when he was here. I only got to see two games of him at the AHL level, but judging by his stats, he seemed to hold his own up there as well. I think he's incredibly underrated, unfortunately because of his size.
I'll say. At times he was excellent in the AHL last year, a real spark plug alongside Trotter who seemed to get spurred on by his energy and ability to get stuck in anywhere on the ice. There were some spells where he went a bit quiet but it was his first full season in the A so no complaints there. But he showed at times that he has an uncanny knack for playmaking. I'd give Trotter the edge over DD for creativity but DD's passing is a notch above, at least. The guy made some utterly sick saucer passes last year. Must be difficult as a linemate of his sometimes, skating around, you see he has the puck, you figure you should go to the net as there are 5 players between you just as he puts it on your tape.

Hopefully those two continue their impressive form from last year into the coming season, be nice to see them paired with Glumac or a similar scoring type player with some size. Although like you say, DD doesn't play small, he'll happily go into the corners against several opposition much bigger than him to still fight until he has the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Hearing many reports, apparently MaxPac has shown a mean streak in the first two days of the rookies camp.

If he can bring it to the training camp right from next saturday and to the preseason games, he might push Latendresse.
I hope he keeps the mean streak all year. I had hoped to see him display it more often last year in Hamilton but he approached the physical side of the game in a similar way to Chipchura (while they were both healthy, obviously injuries to both changed that). Both capable of big hits but tend not to use their physicality in open play in an agressive way, more in a defensive way. Hopefully both are ready and able to play the body all year long this year, would be great to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
I was there twice this week, haven't been around here in a while !!!

Ask away, I'm preparing a massive report on my blog that includes my observations from '' Prospect development camp '' earlier and this camp

So far off the bat I like to the extreme what I've seen from Weber and Trotter, I've been looking very closely at these dudes as well as Johansson who's been really a standout
Don't mind if I do

I'm looking forward to hearing what you liked so much about Trotter. How is his first step looking this year? Is he more involved in the physical side (not as in the checking aspect but competing for pucks, battling for space)? Has his shot improved? Was there much if any opportunity to assess his defensive play?

I'd love to see this guy take big strides forward in his development because his creativity at times last year was, to put it simply, game breaking. For all the hype and promise (which is well deserved) that guys like Patches and Maxwell have, Trotter for my liking was the most creative guy last year. Not every game and not always successfully, but there were times last year you could see him thinking about and trying to do things that most of the time, nobody else on the ice would even consider. I like that about him and I look forward to seeing how he develops that and his other skills.

Cheers dude.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote