HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What Have You Broken With A Puck (In Your House)?

Old
09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
ShootIt
M F P G A

vCash: 500
Not with a puck, but I have broken some lights and chipped off a plastic table with one of those outdoor street hockey balls.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Isles72

a kid from the neighbourhood was a hot shot player (played ''triple a' while I was just a house league kid)

a few of us we're playing street hockey one day and mr hot shot with his buddies (all wearing their fancy 'triple a' team jackets) tells me my shot couldnt penetrate a wet paper bag .

he never bothered to take the time to play street hockey with the neighbourhood kids so he had no idea some of us practiced shooting and playing street hockey every moment we could

so I challenge him to stop my shot and he accepts it --all the while he's acting cocky in front of his buddies and the rest of the kids .

so , this is northern ontario , circa 1979 , mid january
my sponge puck is alot harder than usual due to the -20 degree celcius winter day

from about 18 feet , I wind up for a slap shot knowing full well I could hit the middle of the net with some nice velocity at least 90% of the time .

zing , right in the nutsack and he falls over like he's been shot

his buddies gather around him to ask if he's ok while I grab my goalie net , put if over my left shoulder and head back to the house with the biggest smirk on my face

so I guess the worst thing I broke we're a group of hotshot ''triple a'' kids nuts and egos

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

In our old rental house, we scuffed up the entire floor and had puck marks on the walls from playing floor hockey in the living room. We also broke two windows. Floor hockey ended when my dog got hit in the eye and nearly lost it (luckily she recovered 100%).

Then we went to the basement and set up a cheap goal and broke it the same day with real pucks. Started doing slappers down there and dented the furnace to hell, got puck marks all over the walls (again), and smashed up a lot of lights.

Ended up scrubbing the floors with steel wool and repainting all the walls, landlord had no idea

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:02 PM
avengedsevenfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
Kind of the same for me, missed the net and hit the Garage door when I was younger... just about put the puck through it.

I was shocked when my Dad broke my aluminum stick over his knee.

They have new doors now... almost 20 years later.
They're not dents,they're goals !

avengedsevenfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Never broken anything, but the walls in basically every room of my apartment have black marks from me (clumsily) carrying sticks out to the car, garage, etc. Next time I paint, I'm picking a darker color.
My white walls by the door are the same.

The garage door was pretty banged up at my parents when i was a kid. They had an unfinished basement so it was all cement.

Nigelbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:49 PM
AStammer7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
A few windows, I mostly kept the shooting range outside on the garage door though. It had soooo many what most people would call dents on it. I like to call them goals. (Yes Beer Commercial).
I put pucks through walls mostly. One time while I forgot to cover the window with a thick floor mat and shooting with my banana curved stick I put a shot up high that luckily hit part of the frame of the window and the window(putting a nice puck size hole in it).... The other window(double paned) didn't have the puck go through or I would have been up **** creek with the proverbial paddle. I covered the window up with a giant sized map of the Scandinivian countries for at least 6 months(that's when my wife found out)...It's a funny story!!!!!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Garage Door, parents vehicle, a window, and holes in drywall.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I had a slapshot crack a molar though my mask once. I didn't know what I spit out till after the game, it was half my tooth .

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I had a slapshot crack a molar though my mask once. I didn't know what I spit out till after the game, it was half my tooth .
You had a game in your house and guys where taking slappers?

Old
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
You had a game in your house and guys where taking slappers?
Well, now that I reread the thread title I see he mentioned in my house . I read some of the later posts when guys were talking about cars and one guy mentioned a triple A player's balls, so I just mentioned the most expensive thing I've broken. But since we're restricting ti to my house, I'll revise my answer.

I used to rent a house with some team mates. One night we got kind of hammered and a shoot out using little foam pucks started with me in net. One of the girls thought she would join in the fun, and when I was looking somewhere else let a wrister go with an actual ice puck and caught me, right in the grapes. Shoot out: over.

Old
09-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

You should stick with the game in your house, that would have be the best one so far

Old
09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
You should stick with the game in your house, that would have be the best one so far
I wish. I'm not that cool.

Old
09-12-2009, 07:46 AM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
a few years ago my parents had to redo the whole garage wall because id practise slapshots against it, then i got a hockey net and i'd put it against my neighbors fence and practice there... resulting in a puck flying through their dining room window

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Yosemite Sam

The downstairs freezer looks pretty rough these days, but it still works.

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote