HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/bos/fla

Old
09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Patrick96

vCash: 500
My thought is that Florida severely overpays...

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:09 AM
keslehr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
I believe this speaks volumes for the opening post trade proposal:

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I would not trade Frolik for Kessel right now let alone that pile of trash given to florida in this propsal. I would not trade Frolik for any player on the leafs including their 1st round pick next year (since picks dont = young stud potential nhl players).

This is the worst trade proposal I have seen all offseason, congrats
Pretty big room.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:46 AM
CanadianPantherFan

I have a new hole in me now after reading this proposal.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:11 AM
bobermay

I'm a Toronto Fan... And I'm not 100% sure I do it. In fact... I wouldn.t

So basicly we're trading:
Alexei Ponikarovsky (60 point winger)
Jiri Tlusty (Blue Chip Prospect)
Mike Van Ryn (Solid #3 D)
2nd Round pick
3rd round pick

For Phil Kessel.

I guess if you put it in terms of an offer sheat.

Tlusty+Poni+Van Ryn >>>>>>>>>>>> 1st round pick

Boston in particular is really underrating Tlusty... and Boston probably get the best part of the deal. Florida is getting ripped off.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:15 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Pass. Deals with value worth more than 1st, 2nd, 3rd just dont make sense for Toronto.

Why does Toronto trade more value than an offer sheet just for the sake of making a trade?

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
I'm a Toronto Fan... And I'm not 100% sure I do it. In fact... I wouldn.t

So basicly we're trading:
Alexei Ponikarovsky (60 point winger)
Jiri Tlusty (Blue Chip Prospect)
Mike Van Ryn (Solid #3 D)

2nd Round pick
3rd round pick

For Phil Kessel.

I guess if you put it in terms of an offer sheat.

Tlusty+Poni+Van Ryn >>>>>>>>>>>> 1st round pick

Boston in particular is really underrating Tlusty... and Boston probably get the best part of the deal. Florida is getting ripped off.
Poni did it once in 4 years( and that was 61 pts on a full season), so 60 pts a year, we will see.

Jiri Tlusty is still a prospect but not a BLUE chip.

Mike Van Ryn 3rd D ? I doubt it, he is also very fragile.

Florida gets ***** in this deal. Frolik is a potentiel player to build a team around.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:06 PM
brevard*

If Mike Van Ryn stays on the Leafs he is most likely the #6 or #7 D-man (Kabs, Komi, Beauch, Fing, Schenn are 1 - 5 then comes White and Van Ryn in any order you want.

You have to be honest if Van Ryn is in the deal you are getting a favor. 3 mill a year is a lot for a guy who may end up in the press box.

Edit to note ... I forgot Exelby who has value in his toughness. Van Ryn could be 8th in that rotation.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Cappo40*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Poni did it once in 4 years( and that was 61 pts on a full season), so 60 pts a year, we will see.

Jiri Tlusty is still a prospect but not a BLUE chip.

Mike Van Ryn 3rd D ? I doubt it, he is also very fragile.

Florida gets ***** in this deal. Frolik is a potentiel player to build a team around.
Yes, and that was when he wasn't playing with a better player, Sundin, on his line...So he has likely now hit his prime and should play well again..

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Makaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch Imlach View Post
Pass. Deals with value worth more than 1st, 2nd, 3rd just dont make sense for Toronto.

Why does Toronto trade more value than an offer sheet just for the sake of making a trade?
This

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
Yes, and that was when he wasn't playing with a better player, Sundin, on his line...So he has likely now hit his prime and should play well again..
Ok, but who is the better player going to play with him this year ?

Old
09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Cappo40*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Ok, but who is the better player going to play with him this year ?
We don't know, but what I was pointing to in my last post was that he didn't need Sundin to produce last year, and therefore doesn't need someone amazing to play with to produce...

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:16 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch Imlach View Post

Because your GM doesn't want to ruin his reputation with other GMs around the league. Especially with his friend Peter Chiarelli.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 01:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Because your GM doesn't want to ruin his reputation with other GMs around the league. Especially with his friend Peter Chiarelli.

Too late !

Old
09-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Fla wouldn't do this.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 06:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Why on earth would Florida give up Frolik in this deal??

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 07:08 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBurke View Post
For all the receint speculation:

Florida:
-Van Ryn
-Ponikarovsky
-4th round pick (from Boston)

Boston:
-Frolik
-Tlusty
- 2nd & 3rd round picks (from Toronto)

Toronto:
-Kessel

Burke over pays to not give up the 2010 first rounder that an offer sheet would require. He's smarter than to trade a first round pick in the middle of a rebuild. (I hope) He sees Kessel as a major building block going forward, and makes his move for him. The young NCAA prospects that Burke brought in will fill the void of Ponikarovsky. (would probley be moved at the deadline or lost to free agency)

Florida loses a good young guy but gains, Ponikarovsky! he scored over 20 goals last year. But his most impessive stat is that he was a +6 played all 82 games, for the team that gave up the most goals in the league!!! Also they get a much needed defenceman. Van Ryn is a quality guy who comes at a good price. The two are also both on 1 year contracts. Meaning they shouuld have good years and can further help them into the playoffs, which is what this organization despiratley needs. They showed how bad they want in the playoffs when they didn't trade Bouwmeester at the deadline knowing he wasn't going to resign.

Boston gets two young promising players along with two extra picks. (they do well in the draft receintly) They get a bit of the short end of the stick but this is what happens when you don't manage the cap well. ala San jose / Vancouver trade.

Thoughts?
So if I get this right, Kessel is costing the Leafs, Poni, Van Ryn, Tlusty and a 2nd and a 3rd.................d'ya think Burke should throw in Kadri as well, just to be sure we get Kessel, I mean he may be the best RW in the league no?

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
So if I get this right, Kessel is costing the Leafs, Poni, Van Ryn, Tlusty and a 2nd and a 3rd.................d'ya think Burke should throw in Kadri as well, just to be sure we get Kessel, I mean he may be the best RW in the league no?
The deal doesn't work all the way across the board. Ryno and Poni don't help Florida, and they sure as hell aren't giving up Frolik.

09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The deal doesn't work all the way across the board. Ryno and Poni don't help Florida, and they sure as hell aren't giving up Frolik.
Perhaps I should've been a little more obvious Mr Laus

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Perhaps I should've been a little more obvious Mr Laus
You were, I was stating further evidence as to why it just doesn't work...for any team.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Your adding the 2nd just to get anyone to take Van Ryn.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
kyeddy

This is by far the worst proposal I have ever seen..... you need to get your head checked out.... well being a leafs fan..... you should have gotten it checked out years ago!!!

kyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:33 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Well, he got his own second round pick back, and told Chia just that when he did.

Sounds like he's keeping him in the loop for the offer sheet to me and wants to do both.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 11:46 PM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBurke View Post
For all the receint speculation:

Florida:
-Van Ryn
-Ponikarovsky
-4th round pick (from Boston)

Boston:
-Frolik
-Tlusty
- 2nd & 3rd round picks (from Toronto)

Toronto:
-Kessel

Burke over pays to not give up the 2010 first rounder that an offer sheet would require. He's smarter than to trade a first round pick in the middle of a rebuild. (I hope) He sees Kessel as a major building block going forward, and makes his move for him. The young NCAA prospects that Burke brought in will fill the void of Ponikarovsky. (would probley be moved at the deadline or lost to free agency)

Florida loses a good young guy but gains, Ponikarovsky! he scored over 20 goals last year. But his most impessive stat is that he was a +6 played all 82 games, for the team that gave up the most goals in the league!!! Also they get a much needed defenceman. Van Ryn is a quality guy who comes at a good price. The two are also both on 1 year contracts. Meaning they shouuld have good years and can further help them into the playoffs, which is what this organization despiratley needs. They showed how bad they want in the playoffs when they didn't trade Bouwmeester at the deadline knowing he wasn't going to resign.

Boston gets two young promising players along with two extra picks. (they do well in the draft receintly) They get a bit of the short end of the stick but this is what happens when you don't manage the cap well. ala San jose / Vancouver trade.

Thoughts?
you really under valued Frolik here..and i'm a leafs fan..maybe if you switch van ryn for kabs but then To is giving up to much for kessel

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote