HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gameday & Arena Rituals

Old
09-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtick View Post
Every season I do the same thing, the day before the Blue Jackets first game of the regular season I call up my local cable company and sign up for the "Super Sports Pack" which is $29.99 a month in my area and I get every televised Blue Jacket game throught the season, plus I get many other games for when Columbus is not playing and I get almost all of the Ontario Hockey Leagues Major Junior A games, it's a decent deal considering I cannot attend Nationwide as a regular patron.

My ritual on Columbus Blue Jacket game days are pretty simple, go to The Beer Store, get a six pack of Tall Boys (Old Milwaukee) and plop my ass on the couch, not very exciting I know, but I occasionally end up at my local bar (2 minute walk) after the game to celebrate a win and end up late or really sick for work the next day, ecspecially if it's a west coast game.

Unfortunatley I will not be able to have any "LIVE" Columbus game day excitement this season as the Jackets will not be visiting either of my two local NHL facilities this season (HSBC Arena Buffalo & Air Canada Centre Toronto)
I knew there where several Jacket (and Rick Nash) fans in Ontario, in fact I know because I've spoken to some when traveling up there. I'm thinking this season could be the best of all time (Blue Jacket points) with some luck on the injury front and a great season by Mason..we will see.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Skraut

My pre-game ritual involves a 2 hour car ride. It is amazingly similar, though the exact opposite of my post-game ritual.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Rimers stache

When i go to games...

1. Put on Voracek T
2. Order the "Box Meal" from Canes
3. Listen to As I Lay Dying's "Nothing Left
4. Sit in line for an hour, (waiting for rush tix) and talk about what we need to do better as a team with random strangers.
5. Watch the jackets destroy the opponent
6. Afterwards listen to 97.1 the fan to hear george and billy break down the beat down

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
jacketracket*

Good call on the post-game radio show - got to have it on for the drive home. George and Bill just ain't gonna be the same, with no Bill.

jacketracket* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
1. Turn on tv.
2. See the Cavs instead of the Jackets
3. Curse up a storm.
4. Find another game on Center Ice to watch.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:26 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
1. Turn on tv.
3. Curse up a storm.

5. Post endlessly about how bad the Jackets looked.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Fight Strap

-Park at meter
-Walk to employee entrance
-Go downstairs, clock in, tuck in my shirt, and clip on my tie
-Go to area I am working that game, listen to pregame meeting
-Walk the rows of my sections looking for garbage, lost items, dirty seats, and warm-up pucks
-Sit down and wait for doors to open
-Greet guests, show to seats, and try my best to stop everyone from running to their seats while puck is in play
-Watch game/crowd
-Run down the bottom of the section during the last 2 minutes of the game to make sure no beer bottles are heading out onto the ice/fighting
-Thank guest for coming
-Walk the rows of my section looking for lost items to turn into lost and found
-Give any found practice pucks to young Jackets fans
-Go back downstairs and clock out
-Hit the R Bar or Drive home depending on how I am feeling

Fight Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Pick up my dad, park on streets west of arena, if cant find a spot $5 lots always available. Go watch warmups, and after warmups go get 2 cups of Tim Hortons coffee, I know lightweights, and head up to the seats. Drop off dad after game always discussing the good and bad of the game while listening to George and Bill. Good times, good times.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
1. Turn on tv.
3. Curse up a storm.
Hon, seriously, just start picking up some of those legally dubious Internet streams. It might reduce the stress a little.

(in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Skraut's looking into it)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Hon, seriously, just start picking up some of those legally dubious Internet streams. It might reduce the stress a little.

(in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Skraut's looking into it)
Yeah thread over on the mains had the best idea. Gamecenter, the NHL's online version of Center Ice is locked to your address, and the games you can see are blacked out depending on your address. Talk to a relative out of state, pay them the money, have them "order" Gamecenter then give you the info, and poof you are blacked out of Atlanta Thrashers or San Jose sharks games, but can see Jackets games.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Yeah thread over on the mains had the best idea. Gamecenter, the NHL's online version of Center Ice is locked to your address, and the games you can see are blacked out depending on your address. Talk to a relative out of state, pay them the money, have them "order" Gamecenter then give you the info, and poof you are blacked out of Atlanta Thrashers or San Jose sharks games, but can see Jackets games.
Except when said team plays the Jackets...

What do you do then?

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
frickin dannie

Send a message via AIM to frickin dannie
I can't think of any specific rituals, but I always had to listen to "Ladies & Gentlemen" after I saw that one video someone made, my friend and I always made it our pregame ritual to listen to that at least once on game day, and I always drank out of my CBJ pint glass during the games (or before, if I was actually going!).

Oh wait, how could I forget. :p Always watch warmups in 117. Wear my Russell jersey. Except... I was 7-0 last year before he signed it, then 0-6 after. I think it's cursed.

Last edited by frickin dannie: 09-09-2009 at 07:28 PM.
frickin dannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
frickin dannie

Send a message via AIM to frickin dannie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
My pre-game ritual involves a 2 hour car ride. It is amazingly similar, though the exact opposite of my post-game ritual.
haha, mine too! down from 4 last year.

frickin dannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 08:51 PM
kaboomski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Pick up my dad, park on streets west of arena, if cant find a spot $5 lots always available. Go watch warmups, and after warmups go get 2 cups of Tim Hortons coffee, I know lightweights, and head up to the seats. Drop off dad after game always discussing the good and bad of the game while listening to George and Bill. Good times, good times.
Jaxs, nothing lightweight about being with and having coffee with your Dad. Best times and best memories of your life. Enjoy every cup..

kaboomski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 10:18 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

All the rituals have been fun to read.

Any superstitions?

I'm generally not superstitious, but at the next game after a win, I'd make everyone in my entourage sit in the same seats.

If we had given one of our tickets to a friend and we lost, we never gave a ticket to them again -which unfortunately cost me a lot of friends over the years

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
All the rituals have been fun to read.

Any superstitions?

I'm generally not superstitious, but at the next game after a win, I'd make everyone in my entourage sit in the same seats.

If we had given one of our tickets to a friend and we lost, we never gave a ticket to them again -which unfortunately cost me a lot of friends over the years
During the fourth playoff game I went to get a beer and the Jackets scored, when I went to return the Usher (who I know) wouldn't let me in.... She was just joking but I did take her advise and stayed away for a short time, after we scored again I forced my way in. True story.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
jktsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

Hilarious!

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
Except when said team plays the Jackets...

What do you do then?
Find a friend/relative that lives in the Eastern Conference.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:25 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
I don't do this anymore but I used to not wear any Blue Jackets stuff on game day unless they were in town. I felt that this would be a jinx. I also wasn't a fan of predicting a score because everytime time I did, I would predict a W. Once again I thought I was jinxing them. I don't do anything now. Actually, sometimes, I'll light a incense and pray to my dead relatives and ask for a miracle comeback. (your suppose to do this everyday to greet your relatives or something like that. My Mom said it's sad that I only do this when I'm looking for a victory and never do this just to pay my respects to my relatives that are passed away).
*on further thought, I'll light a incense before I go to a game and pray that I didn't waste my money on these tickets.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:41 AM
georgiabluejacket

I pull the wings(steak, nachos, McD's, leftovers, whatever) from the microwave. Make sure the surround system is on. Put on my jersey. Fire up the satelite. Tune out the lady hopefully watch a win.

My only superstition is if they win I wear the same jersey. If they lose, such said clothing item is dead 2 me......until my other clothing items are dead as well, then I revitalize it and wear it again

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote