HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Videos From Training Camp

Old
09-12-2009, 11:42 PM
TMLeafer

vCash: 500
Videos From Training Camp

Just finished uploading a bunch of videos of interviews with Leafs players and Ron Wilson from Media Day/Day 1 at the Toronto Maple Leafs training camp 2009 - 2010 from the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence.

Kaberle:

Orr (Man he's massive! Look at the guy to Orr's right at the very beginning.) :

Ponikabasically :

Stajan:

Toskaloike:

Ron Wilson:

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:56 PM
lavoie71

Can anyone summarize what Ron Wilson and Kaberle said in the pressers, as i am deaf, just bloody wish all on line videos had captions in some form, oh well, but many thanks to whoever does that!

lavoie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 12:28 AM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Check it again if you haven't already, some kind individual has added captions. At least to the Wilson one

[it wasn't me - I was actually about to when I noticed they were already there!]

Last edited by grind your soul: 09-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.
grind your soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 12:38 AM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Kaberle wasn't captioned, so here you go:

Quote:
Reporter: It seems the same story as last year as far as a lot of guys on the blueline, but you've been here a long time, with good healthy competition, what do you foresee right now in training camp for all the defenseman?

Kaberle: That's right. It's nine of us here who want to play, who played for us last year, so it's going to be a lot of spots - there's only six for nine - so there's a lot of competition. Everybody's going to play hard for those nine games, and I'm sure coach is going to pick six of us who are going to play.

Reporter: In the summertime your name was mentioned a lot, obviously, there's always those trade rumours. What was said to you before the end of the season, before going back home? Was it pretty much known everything that Brian Burke was saying, you know, that unless there was a good offer, you wouldn't go anywhere? Was it the same said to you?

Kaberle: Yeah I think so. He's pretty honest with me. We sat down, and he said that if someone's going to come up to [Burke] and bring something that was going to make sense for this team, make it better, he'll do it - otherwise, he likes me and he'd like me to stay, and I'm happy I'm here, and I'll do my best for him.

Reporter: Always know that it's part of the game, that you can be traded, but I guess, emotionally, do you kinda get used to it now hearing that, or does it still kinda toy with you a little bit, not knowing that you'll be back in Toronto or not?

Kaberle: Everybody knows they could be traded any day. But you know, being here for 11 years is really nice, and I've got a lot of friends here, and like I said, it's my second home for a long time. I would like to play here and hopefully win a Stanley Cup.

Reporter: Different kind of excitement this year, with all the new faces, and of course the healthy competition in net?

Kaberle: Yeah you know, we got a lot of new faces, and they're great guys, we're ready. I've been here for a week, and you know, everybody was looking forward to this day, especially the first day on the ice.
Sadly my inner nitpicker forced me to correct a couple of errors in the way he was speaking, and I took out a lot of "um" and "you know"s.

Hopefully this is fine!

Old
09-13-2009, 12:39 AM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavoie71 View Post
Can anyone summarize what Ron Wilson and Kaberle said in the pressers, as i am deaf, just bloody wish all on line videos had captions in some form, oh well, but many thanks to whoever does that!
Hey, I did the first half of it right now as annotations. I'll do the 2nd half in a bit.

Old
09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grind your soul View Post
Kaberle wasn't captioned, so here you go:

Sadly my inner nitpicker forced me to correct a couple of errors in the way he was speaking, and I took out a lot of "um" and "you know"s.

Hopefully this is fine!
Hey, thanks for doing that .

Mind if I put those as annotations on the video?

Old
09-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

Thanks for the vids. TMLeafer, that phrase Wilson said was "we'll play it by ear". You thought it was year/hear.

Just trying to help.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 12:57 AM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Hey, thanks for doing that .

Mind if I put those as annotations on the video?
If you haven't already, go right ahead.

Thanks for the uploads! Mostly just your typical media stuff but still - getting back into the swing of things!

Old
09-13-2009, 01:15 AM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaiming93 View Post
Thanks for the vids. TMLeafer, that phrase Wilson said was "we'll play it by ear". You thought it was year/hear.

Just trying to help.
Haha. Yeah I couldn't figure that out (it's 2AM ). Thanks a lot .

NP Grind..

Old
09-13-2009, 04:31 AM
lavoie71

This is why i come to hfboards all the time, unreal people here, i really appreciate this!!! go leafs go!!!

lavoie71 is offline   Reply With Quote