HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Makes yours next year lines. Habs, Dogs

Old
09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
D'ago isn't really on the first line. My lineup is not really line 1 to line 4...

On my line, it's not clear between the Gomez line and between the Plekanec who is the true number 1 line.

and don't forget that the PP line aren't always the same as the 5-5 lines.

I think that Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri are going to form the first PP unit even if i don't see these three playing together at 5 on 5...

I really think that Pac is better d'ags.

But d'ags need to clear waiver and not Paciorretty.

Unless there is some injuries or unless Max Pac has a hell of a camp, I think that Max Pac could start the year in Hamilton. (but be the first callup player)
how can Gomez NOT be our first line center ? pretty hard to say he isn't at 7 mill a year no ?

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 09-12-2009 at 02:58 PM.
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Actually, rookie, I've coached hockey too.

Just because Brian Gionta had one great year in 05-06 next to Gomez doesn't mean he will every year.

Cammalleri is our best scorer. He needs to play with our best playmaker.

As for who is our number 2 centreman, don't be writing off Lapierre in favour of Plekanec so fast.
Pleks scored only 5 more goals and registered only 6 more assists, yet he had lots of PP time and had Kovalev and AKostitsyn to feed, and not Tom Kostopoulos.
OMG did you just call me rookie ? yes because i signed up here at HF boards in Aug of 2009 i am a hockey rookie .
Born in 1966, in Chicoutimi Quebec, and have been watching the Habs since i was 7 or 8. My father had season tickets up until 1999, where as i joined him every third or fourth game.

I coach A hockey here in Eastern Townships and have been for the last 3 seasons.
This rookie has an opinion and knows that Lappy is NOT and will NOT be our second center in my lifetime...that's just ridiculous.

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 09-12-2009 at 03:06 PM.
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:58 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
how can Gomez NOT be our firts line center ? pretty hard to say he isn't at 7 mill a year no ?
He is the first habs center but that's not means that he will play with the best TWO WINGERS.

Huge difference.

But of course, for me, Gomez is the best center.

Gomez > Plekanec

But i expert Gomez to be on the first PP unit...

I just think that the habs could have two equals lines... but not necessery one better than the other. But I'am not Jacques Martin, maybe he will want to have a big first line..

But if it's the case,

Cammelleri will play with Gomez because is is arguably the best habs winger.

Last edited by SpezNc: 09-12-2009 at 03:03 PM.
SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
how can Gomez NOT be our first line center ? pretty hard to say he isn't at 7 mill a year no ?
Gomez, like it or not, is overpaid. In essence, he should be paid around or a little less than what Cammalleri makes. I doubt Cams plays with Gomez as well.

Two years ago, Koivu was payed almost $5M compared to Plekanec down around $1.5M and it was quite clear who our #1 centre was.

To me, we are going to have a #1A and #1B, just like in net. Price has the inside edge to be the #1A but as far as line goes, we have no clue yet.

D'Agostini WILL be on the team. If he's not, he'd be traded which would be absolutely stupid and a good way to ruin your team. He won't clear waivers if we send him down.

Pacioretty WILL be in the AHL unless he is by far the best forward at camp and even then, I'd only give him a 50% chance of making the club out of training camp. He needs more time in the AHL.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
OMG did you just call me rookie ? yes because i signed up here at HF boards in Aug of 2009 i am a hockey rookie .
Born in 1966, in Chicoutimi Quebec, and have been watching the Habs since i was 7 or 8. My father had season tickets up until 1999, where as i joined him every third or fourth game.

I coach A hockey here in Eastern Townships and have been for the last 3 seasons.
This rookie has an opinion and knows that Lappy is NOT and will NOT be our second center in my lifetime...that's just ridiculous.
I only made the remark about "rookie" after you started personal attacks based on my name.

As for your lifetime, does it include last playoff? Because if you didn't notice, Gainey cut down Plekanec's playing time and finally even benched him one game while Lappy played regularly.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Cammalleri-Gomez-D'Agostini
Latendresse-Lapierre-Gionta
Pacioretty/SKost-Plekanec-AKost
Moen-Chipchura-Metropolit

Mara-Markov
Gorges-Hamrlik
Spacek-Gill
I like the idea of putting Gionta with Lapierre and Latendresse.

As for the rest, there are many, many possible variations. It really depends on which of Pacioretty, D'Agostini, SKostitsyn, AKostitsyn emerge, and with whom they find chemistry. Also, there will be a lot of other options with Stewart, Moen, Chipchura, Laraque, Metropolit and whoever above doesn't get a top 9 spot.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Forlando

This something I posted in Habs Inside out:

When J. Martin said he wasn't sure about putting 3 small forwards together, everybody assumed that meant that Cammalleri would be playing in the second line with Pleks, because Gomez and Gionta are buddys. But the first experimental lines make a lot of sense: Who is our best offensive forward?: Cammy hands down, and who is our best center?: Gomez, no questions asked. Logically, you want to keep your best winger with your best center.

These are the lines I think we will see, at least to begin the season.

Camm, Gomez, AKost

Dags, Plek, Gionta

SKost, Laps, Lats

Moen, Metro/Chips, Lar

I already explained Cammy-Gomez, Akost makes sense to add size. This line would be a constant threat.

Why Dags with Pleks and gionta? because he is a good scorer but not so good at D, the other two are very solid 2-way players and will help offset his weakness. I think this line has a good balance of speed, scoring touch and def responsibility. D'ags needs to learn how to play without the puck ASAP or he will lose his spot to Lats, SKost or Max Pac.

Lats and laps works, we saw it last season. Adding S.kost would add speed and scoring chances, he is a good skater and passer. I think the three of them can hit hard and fast. If they click together this could be a great third line.

Moen, Metro and Laraque...nuff said.

As for Defense: I think it is even clearer:

Marky, Mara (If Mara is ready to give his 100%, he can do a bettter job than the traitor)

Hammer, Spacek (they have played together before, it will be a very solid pair)

Gill, Gorges...O'Byrne will have to work very hard to get a change on the top 6

The rookies might cause a great impression (Max Pac, PK, and Weber) but contracts and salary cap will force their return to Hamilton. But they will be called no doubt in case of injuries of if guys like SKost, Lats or Dags can't get the job done.

Forlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 07:03 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
A.Kost-Gomez-Gionta
S. Kost - Plekanec - Cammy
Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen
Metropolit/Laraque-Chipchura/Metropolit-Stewart/Laraque
Spare: D'Agostini

Markov-Mara
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
Spare: O'Byrne

Price
Halak

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Stephaaane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlando View Post
This something I posted in Habs Inside out:

When J. Martin said he wasn't sure about putting 3 small forwards together, everybody assumed that meant that Cammalleri would be playing in the second line with Pleks, because Gomez and Gionta are buddys. But the first experimental lines make a lot of sense: Who is our best offensive forward?: Cammy hands down, and who is our best center?: Gomez, no questions asked. Logically, you want to keep your best winger with your best center.

These are the lines I think we will see, at least to begin the season.

Camm, Gomez, AKost

Dags, Plek, Gionta

SKost, Laps, Lats

Moen, Metro/Chips, Lar

I already explained Cammy-Gomez, Akost makes sense to add size. This line would be a constant threat.

Why Dags with Pleks and gionta? because he is a good scorer but not so good at D, the other two are very solid 2-way players and will help offset his weakness. I think this line has a good balance of speed, scoring touch and def responsibility. D'ags needs to learn how to play without the puck ASAP or he will lose his spot to Lats, SKost or Max Pac.

Lats and laps works, we saw it last season. Adding S.kost would add speed and scoring chances, he is a good skater and passer. I think the three of them can hit hard and fast. If they click together this could be a great third line.

Moen, Metro and Laraque...nuff said.

As for Defense: I think it is even clearer:

Marky, Mara (If Mara is ready to give his 100%, he can do a bettter job than the traitor)

Hammer, Spacek (they have played together before, it will be a very solid pair)

Gill, Gorges...O'Byrne will have to work very hard to get a change on the top 6

The rookies might cause a great impression (Max Pac, PK, and Weber) but contracts and salary cap will force their return to Hamilton. But they will be called no doubt in case of injuries of if guys like SKost, Lats or Dags can't get the job done.
In my opinion, Dags isn't the guy we need on 2nd line because we need a playmaker with Gio and Pleks.Tour line are like I think they should be.

Camm-Gomez-A.Kost (right wing please, he's a beast when playing RW)
S.Kost-Pleks-Gio
Paccio-Laps-Lats
Moen-Metro-BGL
Chips

Mara-Markov
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Gill

Edit:Looks like J.Martin will start like that http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/601804/posts/35637

Last edited by Stephaaane: 09-13-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Stephaaane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 10:17 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I only made the remark about "rookie" after you started personal attacks based on my name.

As for your lifetime, does it include last playoff? Because if you didn't notice, Gainey cut down Plekanec's playing time and finally even benched him one game while Lappy played regularly.
Yes, and we kicked ass during last years playoffs, so it worked out just perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
A.Kost-Gomez-Gionta
S. Kost - Plekanec - Cammy
Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen
Metropolit/Laraque-Chipchura/Metropolit-Stewart/Laraque
Spare: D'Agostini

Markov-Mara
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
Spare: O'Byrne

Price