HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev signs with Atlant of KHL (post 233)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
  #101
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
You honestly don't believe he improves the team if he signs for 1 year $1.75-2Mill? I'll give you that he floats but Zherdev is tougher than he gets credit for around here. He's not necessarily soft.
Its not that I think he is a bad player. I think he could be successful in this league but I dont see him being a large upgrade over pretty much anyone in the top-9 when looking at the whole picture(offensively, defensively, attitude, etc.). I thought he was pretty good last year, he showed glimpses of being very good but I just dont think a "floater" is the type of player who Torts would be keen on having on his team if he truly has input.

I thought he would have fit in pretty well in Atlanta and I think he would probably fit in pretty well on a team like Pittsburgh but I just don't see it in NYC any longer.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
  #102
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Z got EXACTLY what he deserved, he has a bad attitude, was over hyped, Over rated & he bought it into it. A lethal Combo.

I would take him back on a leauge minimum 2 way deal & let him rot in Hartford until we were so depleated & only than I would call him up & SIT HIM ON THE BENCH. I would barly let him play 4th line mins.

Enjoy playing on LI....... Not the Islanders, The Ducks.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
  #103
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Z got EXACTLY what he deserved, he has a bad attitude, was over hyped, Over rated & he bought it into it. A lethal Combo.

I would take him back on a leauge minimum 2 way deal & let him rot in Hartford until we were so depleated & only than I would call him up & SIT HIM ON THE BENCH. I would barly let him play 4th line mins.

Enjoy playing on LI....... Not the Islanders, The Ducks.
Tell us how you really feel...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
  #104
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
He isn't going to sign for 1.5-2 mil. I can guarantee he would rather go to the KHL. But if we could get him that price, yes obviously that would help a bit.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
  #105
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He isn't going to sign for 1.5-2 mil. I can guarantee he would rather go to the KHL. But if we could get him that price, yes obviously that would help a bit.
It's September 13th, the second day of NHL training camp and he's still searching for work in the NHL. Don't you think he would be in Russia already if he wanted to play in the KHL? Zherdev has never said anything about the KHL and has always stated that he wants to play in the NHL. Until he signs there I honestly think statements like this are unfounded.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
  #106
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
If I'm pretty much any team in the league, I'm offering as high as a $6 million over 2 years or one year at 3.25 to get Zherdev. Yes, he has his problems, but still so young and maybe he can be coached better in the right situation.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
  #107
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,127
vCash: 500
If we could get him signed for around 1-2.5 mil range then I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Even if it hurts our negotiations with dubinsky. I doubt zherdev would sign for that but wasnt there a rumor he was willing to take 1.5 mil for 1 year with atlanta? Look I hate what happened with zherdev, very upset with him and how he handled the situation. But you cant deny the talent he has and if he would be willing to take less than you just cant pass up on that because realistically sather outsmarted him at that point.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
  #108
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Can we even take him back? Is there a rule where the player can't sign with a team if the arbitration ruling is tossed out the window?

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
  #109
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Can we even take him back? Is there a rule where the player can't sign with a team if the arbitration ruling is tossed out the window?
He's a UFA, I think that's only the case if we bought him out.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
  #110
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Can we even take him back? Is there a rule where the player can't sign with a team if the arbitration ruling is tossed out the window?
somebody on the mainboard claimed that we couldn't sign him, however i was not able to find anything like that in the cba.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
  #111
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Can we even take him back? Is there a rule where the player can't sign with a team if the arbitration ruling is tossed out the window?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
somebody on the mainboard claimed that we couldn't sign him, however i was not able to find anything like that in the cba.
As pointed out on the main board, I believe it was RB, that was in the old CBA not the current one. Zherdev is free and clear to sign with any NHL team including the Rangers.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
  #112
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,020
vCash: 500
This is the first time this thread has really sickened me. You guys are being extremely selfish and stubborn. You say "Oh he didn't play his cards right and now we have to stick it to him." Really??? because he made a mistake we have to stick it to him now, instead of making our team better. Right now Dubinsky is being more of a d**k, he is holding out of camp instead of being with his teamates and trying to negotiate during the year. But his thread is littered with "Oh I hope he signs soon, and I want him back."

I'm tired of this. "Oh he had no points in the playoff series. Bulls**t, it was his first playoff series and there was immense pressure on him to carry the team. (If I recall correctly Lundqvist wasn't very good in his first playoff series, he had a GAA in the range of 4). Cut the kid some slack, stop being selfish and take him back so we can improve our team. I actually believe he wants to be in NY. There were times that I saw him sprint back up the ice and did a diving poke check, much to the delight of MSG fans, something nonetheless we never saw from any of our top players, he might not have showed it all the time but when he did give his effort he was by far the best player on the team, and he would be the second best on this years team.

I wouldn't take him back for 3.25 million. But, Sather being the f**king moron that he is, just simply refused the offer. Instead he should've negotiated and tried to get him at 2 million.

Just suck it up and accept that fact that he makes our team that much better, stop saying he misplayed his hand, it's not the first time and I think he wants to come back so let him prove himself. When he comes back and puts up 30 goals on a line with Gaborik everyone would then say "Oh I'm so glad he's back". And yes I can say 3 goals becuase he put up 25 basically by himself last year.

Zherdev Dubinsky Gaborik
Higgins Drury Kotalik
Prospal Anisimov Callahan
Avery Boyle Brashear
Lisin

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:01 PM
  #113
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Offer Zherdev the same contract Prospal got. Take it or leave it.
Good idea.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
  #114
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
If I'm pretty much any team in the league, I'm offering as high as a $6 million over 2 years or one year at 3.25 to get Zherdev. Yes, he has his problems, but still so young and maybe he can be coached better in the right situation.
Well, you'd be in the minority. The fact that Zherdev went back to the Rangers with his tail in between his legs begging for the original 3.25 million QO makes it obvious that 29 other NHL teams are not approaching those figures.

Also, 24 with 350+ games of NHL experience isn't exactly what I'd consider 'so young'...Hes been around long enough to gain the reputation of playing like a dog. Worse yet, hes a dog with a massively inflated sense of self worth.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM
  #115
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
This is the first time this thread has really sickened me. You guys are being extremely selfish and stubborn. You say "Oh he didn't play his cards right and now we have to stick it to him." Really??? because he made a mistake we have to stick it to him now, instead of making our team better. Right now Dubinsky is being more of a d**k, he is holding out of camp instead of being with his teamates and trying to negotiate during the year. But his thread is littered with "Oh I hope he signs soon, and I want him back."

I'm tired of this. "Oh he had no points in the playoff series. Bulls**t, it was his first playoff series and there was immense pressure on him to carry the team. (If I recall correctly Lundqvist wasn't very good in his first playoff series, he had a GAA in the range of 4). Cut the kid some slack, stop being selfish and take him back so we can improve our team. I actually believe he wants to be in NY. There were times that I saw him sprint back up the ice and did a diving poke check, much to the delight of MSG fans, something nonetheless we never saw from any of our top players, he might not have showed it all the time but when he did give his effort he was by far the best player on the team, and he would be the second best on this years team.

I wouldn't take him back for 3.25 million. But, Sather being the f**king moron that he is, just simply refused the offer. Instead he should've negotiated and tried to get him at 2 million.

Just suck it up and accept that fact that he makes our team that much better, stop saying he misplayed his hand, it's not the first time and I think he wants to come back so let him prove himself. When he comes back and puts up 30 goals on a line with Gaborik everyone would then say "Oh I'm so glad he's back". And yes I can say 3 goals becuase he put up 25 basically by himself last year.

Zherdev Dubinsky Gaborik
Higgins Drury Kotalik
Prospal Anisimov Callahan
Avery Boyle Brashear
Lisin
I could care less about him not having any points.
However, he also doesn't have any heart.

He moped, sulked, looked scared as if he never played hockey before when the going got tough down the stretch, which is when it actually matters. Instead of sucking it up, he just vanished. Didn't hit. Didn't skate. Nothing.

Callahan and Dubinsky didn't light it up with points in their first series, but man they were nothing but heart and soul.

No heart. No thanks.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM
  #116
ManicSubsidal15
Registered User
 
ManicSubsidal15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
This is the first time this thread has really sickened me. You guys are being extremely selfish and stubborn. You say "Oh he didn't play his cards right and now we have to stick it to him." Really??? because he made a mistake we have to stick it to him now, instead of making our team better. Right now Dubinsky is being more of a d**k, he is holding out of camp instead of being with his teamates and trying to negotiate during the year. But his thread is littered with "Oh I hope he signs soon, and I want him back."

I'm tired of this. "Oh he had no points in the playoff series. Bulls**t, it was his first playoff series and there was immense pressure on him to carry the team. (If I recall correctly Lundqvist wasn't very good in his first playoff series, he had a GAA in the range of 4). Cut the kid some slack, stop being selfish and take him back so we can improve our team. I actually believe he wants to be in NY. There were times that I saw him sprint back up the ice and did a diving poke check, much to the delight of MSG fans, something nonetheless we never saw from any of our top players, he might not have showed it all the time but when he did give his effort he was by far the best player on the team, and he would be the second best on this years team.

I wouldn't take him back for 3.25 million. But, Sather being the f**king moron that he is, just simply refused the offer. Instead he should've negotiated and tried to get him at 2 million.

Just suck it up and accept that fact that he makes our team that much better, stop saying he misplayed his hand, it's not the first time and I think he wants to come back so let him prove himself. When he comes back and puts up 30 goals on a line with Gaborik everyone would then say "Oh I'm so glad he's back". And yes I can say 3 goals becuase he put up 25 basically by himself last year.

Zherdev Dubinsky Gaborik
Higgins Drury Kotalik
Prospal Anisimov Callahan
Avery Boyle Brashear
Lisin
THANK YOU, I agree that Zherdev would still be able to help this team. I couldn't at all complain about someone who could put up roughly 60 points on this team. Also, his defense is pretty under rated , like you mentioned those plays where he dove for the poke check. I have on my DVR the Colorado game (torts first win) and the announcers were talking about how he slid down to block a shot after they were already up by 4 or 5 goals

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM
  #117
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well, you'd be in the minority. The fact that Zherdev went back to the Rangers with his tail in between his legs begging for the original 3.25 million QO makes it obvious that 29 other NHL teams are not approaching those figures.

Also, 24 with 350+ games of NHL experience isn't exactly what I'd consider 'so young'...Hes been around long enough to gain the reputation of playing like a dog. Worse yet, hes a dog with a massively inflated sense of self worth.
Really? Because 60 point players don't earn $4M in this league? It's a capped league things like this happened. He gambled that he could get the money he wanted and he couldn't this late into free agency. He's not the only one.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
  #118
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,127
vCash: 500
Again I've been on the side against zherdev and what he wants. But I'd take him back in the blink of an eye at the right price because he is still so talented.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
  #119
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Really? Because 60 point players don't earn $4M in this league? It's a capped league things like this happened. He gambled that he could get the money he wanted and he couldn't this late into free agency. He's not the only one.
Then why cant he get it? Why cant he even get 3 million?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
  #120
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Then why cant he get it? Why cant he even get 3 million?
Do you really need me to explain the difference between being a UFA on July 1st and being a UFA starting at the end of August in a salary capped league?

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
  #121
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdnsx View Post
Zherdev is a talented guy but this shows he is a mercenary for hire...
Make a list of players who aren't.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
  #122
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Do you really need me to explain the difference between being a UFA on July 1st and being a UFA starting at the end of August in a salary capped league?
Do you need me to explain that if Zherdev was legitimately a 4 million dollar player, whose salary justified the amount he helps a team, he would have been signed by 1 of the other 29 teams regardless of what month it is?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
  #123
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I could care less about him not having any points.
However, he also doesn't have any heart.

He moped, sulked, looked scared as if he never played hockey before when the going got tough down the stretch, which is when it actually matters. Instead of sucking it up, he just vanished. Didn't hit. Didn't skate. Nothing.

Callahan and Dubinsky didn't light it up with points in their first series, but man they were nothing but heart and soul.

No heart. No thanks.
It's extremely hard to play with hard when you have the coach sitting you for every little thing wrong you did. I would be upset to becuase other then Avery whenever someone else made a mistake they never got benched, maybe one time but I can't remember who. He does have the heart, he plays the game hard and he's an effective player, the only reason he was sulking was because I'm sure he had the feeling like they didn't even want him with Torts constantly breathing down your neck. It's waaaayy too much pressure to a 24 year old. I think he could come back and be great this year, he would clearly get more assists becuase he'd be passing it to someone that knows how to finish(unlike Gomez), and he has someone that could reciprocate his talent by being able to set him up.

Also, on the point of him being lazy, like there never was a big name player that never dogged it coming back on defense or in the offensive zone, 99% off all players do it, just some more than others (a la Gomez). No one can accept the fact that he is better than almost anything we have now and we're all just way to d*mn stubborn to see it.

I don't think he has an ego. Why because he asked for the monetary amount that he asked for. Again that's Bulls**t. I can gaurentee that the agent said that he should ask for that money. Out of the whole year I listened to him he NEVER sounded egotistical. Lastly, we have to remember we gave up a defensive stallworth in Fedor Tyutin to get him, so giving up on Zherdev, we would've wasted the value of Tyutin. Just give him another chance, he has potential and at 2 million you can't go wrong, HE WILL EXPLODE THIS YEAR PLAYING ON A LINE WITH GABORIK and then we'll see his true potential.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
  #124
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Do you need me to explain that if Zherdev was legitimately a 4 million dollar player, whose salary justified the amount he helps a team, he would have been signed by 1 of the other 29 teams regardless of what month it is?
Manny Fernandez, Miro Satan, Robert Lang, Max Afinogenov, Petr Sykora, Francis Bouillon, Dominic Moore, Manny Maholtra etc. must all not be worth what they're looking for either regardless of what month it may be.

The same thing happens in the NFL every year too. The farther the NHL progresses into it's years with a cap the more instances you will see.

If the Boston Bruins would gamble $4Mill on Michael Ryder last year coming off of a 31 point season there is surely at least one GM that would offer Zherdev a similar cap hit all things being equal on July 1st.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
  #125
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Manny Fernandez, Miro Satan, Robert Lang, Max Afinogenov, Petr Sykora, Francis Bouillon, Dominic Moore, Manny Maholtra etc. must all not be worth what they're looking for either regardless of what month it may be.

The same thing happens in the NFL every year too. The farther the NHL progresses into it's years with a cap the more instances you will see.
Out of that group I'd take a flyer on robert lang

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.