HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

vCash: 500
Gagne - Richards - Lappy/Pyorala
Hartnell - Carter - Lappy/Pyorala/JVR
Powe/Pyorala/JVR - Giroux - Briere
Carcillo - Betts - Asham
Cote

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Pronger
Parent - Sh-tface
OKT

Old
09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Kaktus*

Jones out, Zherdev in. For discount and opportunity to win SC. Under 2M one year contract for Zherdev.

Say what you want but Zherdev (no doubt a defensive liability and sometimes takes shifts off) but he scored 18 ES goals. Put him on the line with Mike Richards and Gagne.

I think we have a very good d-sive team so we can afford a pure o-sive player.

Objections?

Old
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
bodangleroo28

Would 2 mill come close to getting it done?

Old
09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Jones out, Zherdev in. For discount and opportunity to win SC. Under 2M one year contract for Zherdev.

Say what you want but Zherdev (no doubt a defensive liability and sometimes takes shifts off) but he scored 18 ES goals. Put him on the line with Mike Richards and Gagne.

I think we have a very good d-sive team so we can afford a pure o-sive player.

Objections?
We were a poor defensive team last year. That doesnt change until its proven on the ice. Zero interest in Zherdev

Old
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Zherdev has the potential to be dynamic and I would take him at 2 mil or less for sure

Old
09-14-2009, 02:26 PM
IrishSniper87

Kimmo Timonen says Mika Pyorala is like a jere lehtonen and he is excited to watch him play in the preseason

Old
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Zherdev has the potential to be dynamic and I would take him at 2 mil or less for sure
He's been in the league for 5 seasons and has topped off at 60 points. He's also a primadonna

Old
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
97FlyersKing18

Not sure if this was already posted in a different thread, but the Training Camp Day 1 review on the Flyers Website states that JVR was practicing on a line with Giroux and Briere.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=phi-home-dl

I understand that it is the first day of training camp and Stevens himself said not too look too deeply into the lineup, but that is a bode of confidence from Stevens to even consider JVR for that spot on that line. These combos look nasty for sure.

Pyorala-Carter-Hartnell-->Scoring 16min
JVR-Giroux-Briere -->Scoring 12min
Gagne-Richards-Lapperiere -->2 way focused on topline shutdown 18min
Carcillo-Powe/Betts-Asham -->Energy 6min

8min for special teams is a bit low, considering our tendencies to take 6-8 penalties per game. Betts/Powe will see time on PK while Giroux, Briere and JVR will see PP time to boost their overall values to about 15min per game.

Old
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
JVR-Carter-Hartnell
Gagne-Richards-Pyorala
Briere-Giroux-Laperriere
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

Old
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
He's been in the league for 5 seasons and has topped off at 60 points. He's also a primadonna
If you think that someone will argue with you about primadonna part you are wrong. He is 100% primadonna but he is 1st line RW/LW primadonna with excellent o-sive skill. He is a primadonna that can't find a job in todays NHL and Flyers could really use him instead of another overpaid primadonna name Jones. If he does not work out fine we have JVR, Nodl, Maroon in minors. They could probably step up in another 35-40 games.

Flyers have tramendeous leadership in Timonen, Gagne, Briere, Pronger, Richards and of course Laperriere. I think Asham is also solid vet and so is Betts (if he makes it). Qiestion marks on our roster is Carcillo (discipline mostly, he works hard) and Zherdev (take shifts off), Pyorala (in terms of skill I think he is Kapanen like player) and Briere (because he plays like a woman.... sometimes).

Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
Gagne-Richards-Zherdev (playing with two way, leave everyting on teh ice Gagne and Richards won't hurt.)
Laperriere-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham

Timonen Coburn
Pronger Carle
TKO Parent

Emery
Boucher

If JVR makes the team. Lights out.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-14-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old
09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
If you think that someone will argue with you about primadonna part you are wrong. He is 100% primadonna but he is 1st line RW/LW primadonna with excellent o-sive skill. He is a primadonna that can't find a job in todays NHL and Flyers could really use him instead of another overpaid primadonna name Jones. If he does not work out fine we have JVR, Nodl, Maroon in minors. They could probably step up in another 35-40 games.

Flyers have tramendeous leadership in Timonen, Gagne, Briere, Pronger, Richards and of course Laperriere. I think Asham is also solid vet and so is Betts (if he makes it). Qiestion marks on our roster is Carcillo (discipline mostly) and Zherdev (take shift off), Pyorala (in terms of skill I think he is Kapanen like player).

Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
Gagne-Richards-Zherdev (playing with two way, leave everyting on teh ice Gagne and Richards won't hurt.)
Laperriere-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham

Timonen Coburn
Pronger Carle
TKO Parent

Emery
Boucher

Sorry no Powe.
Even though I wouldnt mind those lines, you really do dislike Powe for some reason. You claim he isnt a third line guy, yet last year he played third line out beating Carcillo/Asham for that spot. If anything, if he brings it that same as last year, I can see Carcillo gone (I like what Asham brings, so I hope he doesnt go anywhere).

Oh and TKO shouldnt be a #6 guy. He is a #7 guy. I hope someone like Marshall steps it up and takes Jone's spot.

Old
09-14-2009, 03:38 PM
IrishSniper87

I want Zherdev like I want a hole in the head. The kid is a cancer.

Old
09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Kaktus*

It's amazing how much we love Marty Murray types with out realizing that NHL is full of them. You do not have to hate them.

I remember when Murray end up playing in Europe. Fans were actually sad.

Powe is not in yoru lineup.. Wow you are hater lol.

Old
09-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
It's amazing how much we love Marty Murray types with out realizing that NHL is full of them. You do not have to hate them.

I remember when Murray end up playing in Europe. Fans were actually sad.

Powe is not in yoru lineup.. Wow you are hater lol.
You have publically admitted in a great deal of your posts your hate for Powe. Don't try and hide that fact by saying you didn't include him in your lineup

Old
09-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
You have publically admitted in a great deal of your posts your hate for Powe. Don't try and hide that fact by saying you didn't include him in your lineup
I publically admited? Quote me where I said I hate him or he is a bad player or any of those things.

Yes, I did not include him. He is not a key player, far from it. A lot of his kind in NHL. So yes, I do not care.

Old
09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Quote:
I publically admited? Quote me where I said I hate him or he is a bad player or any of those things.

Yes, I did not include him. He is not a key player, far from it. A lot of his kind in NHL. So yes, I do not care.
Why are you guys fighting?

We get it Kaktus hates Powe. Whatever, that's his problem if Powe makes the team.

Until then, who cares?

Old
09-14-2009, 04:45 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Spongolium has been pretty upset about it.

Old
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
I agree with Kaktus. Powe is seriously a dime a dozen kind of player. Hustle hustle hustle with zero scoring touch...at pretty much every level he has played at. Doesn't mean he sucks, just that he can be replaced in a heartbeat. I'm sure within the next 2-3 years at least one more of his type will come around. A guy who gives it all, the underdog, and a fan favorite.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I agree with Kaktus. Powe is seriously a dime a dozen kind of player. Hustle hustle hustle with zero scoring touch...at pretty much every level he has played at. Doesn't mean he sucks, just that he can be replaced in a heartbeat. I'm sure within the next 2-3 years at least one more of his type will come around. A guy who gives it all, the underdog, and a fan favorite.
Posted via Mobile Device
sure, but you need players like him to finish out your roster. it's not like we're expecting him to play on one of the scoring lines and score 30 goals. 3rd/4th line is what he should be on, and that's probably were he'll end up

Old
09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
You need players like this to win a championship. Every year the winning team has a lesser known bottom line player step up and contribute significantly. I really believe that Powe is a winner and you can just tell from watching him that he contributes a lot out on the ice.

Old
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
You need players like this to win a championship. Every year the winning team has a lesser known bottom line player step up and contribute significantly. I really believe that Powe is a winner and you can just tell from watching him that he contributes a lot out on the ice.
Agreed. It seems that players like him really step it up in the playoffs as well whereas at least one or two of the offensively gifted guys seem to disappear. I don't know why it happens but every year it does.

Old
09-14-2009, 08:37 PM
tuckrr

i would absolutely go ape ***** for zherdev, he is incredibly skilled and would make our team just epic.

try this out:
Zherdev-Richards-briere
hartnell-carter-Maroon
Gagne-Giroux-JVR

ewwwww

thats 9 legitimately DANGEROUS forwards, that is a very scary line-up

also, zherdev would be a great addition to the 2nd line PP

Old
09-14-2009, 08:39 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Agreed. It seems that players like him really step it up in the playoffs as well whereas at least one or two of the offensively gifted guys seem to disappear. I don't know why it happens but every year it does.
the reason they "step up" is because the offensively gifted players are drawing the attention of the other team, which allows players like powe to get open...
without the skillful ones attracting the defenses attention, powe wont ever contribute...sry, not that im not a fan of him.

Old
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Man If Carle can play well with Pronger, Our D is great. I cant wait to see Kimmo-Coburn back together

Powe has more scoring touch than Carcillo. and More defense, and more PK ability.

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 09-14-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
i would absolutely go ape ***** for zherdev, he is incredibly skilled and would make our team just epic.

try this out:
Zherdev-Richards-briere
hartnell-carter-Maroon
Gagne-Giroux-JVR

ewwwww

thats 9 legitimately DANGEROUS forwards, that is a very scary line-up

also, zherdev would be a great addition to the 2nd line PP
I'd like it too but there is no chance of that happening.

Closed Thread