HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2009, 08:17 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
I'd like it too but there is no chance of that happening.
not that im saying there is ANY chance of it happening, but i am wondering why ppl are against him...i mean say what you want about players like zherdev and heatley and the other "drama queens" you can say all you want while they score on you

Old
09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
i would absolutely go ape ***** for zherdev, he is incredibly skilled and would make our team just epic.

try this out:
Zherdev-Richards-briere
hartnell-carter-Maroon
Gagne-Giroux-JVR

ewwwww

thats 9 legitimately DANGEROUS forwards, that is a very scary line-up

also, zherdev would be a great addition to the 2nd line PP
I would dig up thousands of Rangers posts from a year ago that look exactly like this but instead I'll just say...false.

Old
09-14-2009, 08:20 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
well he did say he would like to stay in atlantic so he wouldnt have to move, but still

Old
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I would dig up thousands of Rangers posts from a year ago that look exactly like this but instead I'll just say...false.
who out there is available for under 4.2mil (assuming we give jones the boot)

forsberg? :/

i mean i'd rather spend the extra mil and have zherdev then have powe play as a 3rd liner
i'd rather have carcillo betts and powe as 4th liners and keep asham/lappy for injured reserves.

Old
09-14-2009, 08:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
who out there is available for under 4.2mil (assuming we give jones the boot)

forsberg? :/

i mean i'd rather spend the extra mil and have zherdev then have powe play as a 3rd liner
i'd rather have carcillo betts and powe as 4th liners and keep asham/lappy for injured reserves.
Wow... Asham should 100% be on the 4th line over Carcillo thanks. And we didnt sign Lappy to be our 13th forward

Old
09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
yeah if we signed zherdev, wed trade someone

Old
09-14-2009, 08:33 PM
tuckrr

personally i wouldnt mind something like:
asham+carcillo+ jones+picks =malone from tampa ^_^

wouldn't mind is to weak a term...would ***** myself is a bit more sufficient.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:24 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
i would absolutely go ape ***** for zherdev, he is incredibly skilled and would make our team just epic.

try this out:
Zherdev-Richards-briere
hartnell-carter-Maroon
Gagne-Giroux-JVR

ewwwww

thats 9 legitimately DANGEROUS forwards, that is a very scary line-up

also, zherdev would be a great addition to the 2nd line PP
Maroon and JVR haven't even touched the NHL yet. Relax. Both of them (if either of them do) won't make the team out of camp. Holmgren went out and got about 5 bottom 6 players for a reason, and some of those guys will play before JVR and Maroon.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:25 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:

That's delusional.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Maroon and JVR haven't even touched the NHL yet. Relax. Both of them (if either of them do) won't make the team out of camp. Holmgren went out and got about 5 bottom 6 players for a reason, and some of those guys will play before JVR and Maroon.
yeah, but come play off time its probable that we will see them both.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:30 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
yeah, but come play off time its probable that we will see them both.
Come playoff time, the Flyers are more likely to make a trade for a top six veteran winger on an expiring contract than have both Maroon and JVR on the roster. At least that would be the smart thing to do if this team is really trying to win something this year.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:

Stop...

Old
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Come playoff time, the Flyers are more likely to make a trade for a top six veteran winger on an expiring contract than have both Maroon and JVR on the roster. At least that would be the smart thing to do if this team is really trying to win something this year.
you dont think maroon or JVR could beat out carcillo/powe/asham/lappy/all other bottom 6?
playoffs are about scoring, less intimidating :/

Old
09-14-2009, 10:45 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
you dont think maroon or JVR could beat out carcillo/powe/asham/lappy/all other bottom 6?
playoffs are about scoring, less intimidating :/
No I don't. And playoffs aren't about scoring at all. The playoffs are about defense first and foremost. This is the reason why the Flyers couldn't previously beat the Penguins, they couldn't defend against them. JVR/Maroon aren't going to do anything about that.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
No I don't. And playoffs aren't about scoring at all. The playoffs are about defense first and foremost. This is the reason why the Flyers couldn't previously beat the Penguins, they couldn't defend against them. JVR/Maroon aren't going to do anything about that.
but carcillo is?
no, carcillo will take a stupid penalty more likely.

Old
09-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I thought jvr was good two way player. Maybe not NHL good (not yet) but not liability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
You need players like this to win a championship. Every year the winning team has a lesser known bottom line player step up and contribute significantly. I really believe that Powe is a winner and you can just tell from watching him that he contributes a lot out on the ice.
I doubt Powe like players were centering Pittsburgh, Detroit, Ducks, Canes 3rd line and thats exactly what I’ve said. I do not see him centering 3rd line or playing on Richards line or any other BS idea. He is a role player competing for roster spot. If he makes it, fine. If he does not, no big deal. Lets not get carried away here.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-14-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old
09-14-2009, 10:53 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Thats.. not what he is talking about. He didnt say anything about defense. Your button 3-6 players are important as the rest. You do want some intimidators, BUT you want to put more skilled players out there to raise your scoring chances.

Old
09-14-2009, 11:05 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Thats.. not what he is talking about. He didnt say anything about defense. Your button 3-6 players are important as the rest. You do want some intimidators, BUT you want to put more skilled players out there to raise your scoring chances.
thank you, i'll take maroon/JVR over powe/carcillo or powe/asham etc... any day.

the ONLY reason JVR/maroon probly wont start together is b/c it is a long season and we dont want to exaust them before the playoffs start...that happens pretty frequently when younger guys get moved up to early...they tire out before the playoffs.

i suspect the same treatment giroux got for JVR, not a fair shake but he will get his chance when he can help us win play off games.

Old
09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I'm not talking about intimidators. I'm talking about guys who can defend. The Flyers have plenty of skilled, seasoned players who are able to get some goals on the board. The problem has been defending those goals. I'll take Asham, Laperrierre, Powe, and even Carcillo in that kind of situation before JVR and Maroon right now. And don't even think about bringing up game 6 again. That was not Carcillo's fault.

Old
09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I thought jvr was good two way player. Maybe not NHL good (not yet) but not liability.

I doubt Powe like players were centering Pittsburgh, Detroit, Ducks, Canes 3rd line and thats exactly what Iíve said. I do not see him centering 3rd line or playing on Richards line or any other BS idea. He is a role player competing for roster spot. If he makes it, fine. If he does not, no big deal. Lets not get carried away here.
JVR hasn't played in the NHL yet. As far as I am concerned, he has proven nothing.

What were Talbot and Kennedy considered before the playoffs last year? ROLE PLAYERS! Without them the Pens take 2nd place.

You never know.

Old
09-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
JVR hasn't played in the NHL yet. As far as I am concerned, he has proven nothing.
He did not prove that he is a liability on D either.

Quote:
What were Talbot and Kennedy considered before the playoffs last year? ROLE PLAYERS! Without them the Pens take 2nd place.

You never know.
I was waiting for something like that. What one man can do another can do. Right.

Old
09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He did not prove that he is a liability on D either.

I was waiting for something like that. What one man can do another can do. Right.
JVR hasn't proven he isn't a liability on d either

Listen, you never know where those types of players can come from. As far as I'm concerned, Powe is in the exact same position as those guys were last year. As you've been saying, players like him are a dime a dozen, but who's to say he can't do things like Talbot and Kennedy did last year? What makes him less likely to do it than those other 11 players in your dime package?

Old
09-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:

Listen, you never know where those types of players can come from. As far as I'm concerned, Powe is in the exact same position as those guys were last year. As you've been saying, players like him are a dime a dozen, but who's to say he can't do things like Talbot and Kennedy did last year? What makes him less likely to do it than those other 11 players in your dime package?
Powe is no Talbot. Powe is not going to make this team significantly better than JVR/Maroon come playoff time. JVR will score more goals in his rookie season than Powe will in his career. And didn't the Flyers sign one of the best defenseman in the league?

Powe = Marty Murray nothing more nothing less. Why does everybody think he's another Sami Kapanen?

Old
09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
Powe = Marty Murray nothing more nothing less. Why does everybody think he's another Sami Kapanen?
Uh, because you are completely wrong about him, making pointless comparisons to smurfs?

Powe is much bigger than either of those guys, he's very solidly built so he can do more hitting. He's very fast, has tons of character and some surprising skill with the puck that we've seen glimpses of.

He'll be a good player for us again, and we need him to be.

Old
09-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Seriously, did you watch JVR play? He plays good D much better than Bobby Ryan at same age. So yes, I KNOW that he is not a liability. He is just inexperienced and needs some time to adjust better physical conditioning like most power forwards do.

Quote:
Do Flyers have Malkin, Crosby or Staal? Malkin was basically tired of setting up Talbot. He, him self said that Talbot basically has no hands and imo Talbot is a better player then Powe. Argue all you want but it is true. Not because he won SC but because he is a better player. Same goes for Kennedy who is almost 2 years younger.

I would hate to see Powe with Giroux and Briere because I want to see Briere scoring over 80pts this season.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-15-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Closed Thread