HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game #1 -- Flyers at Red Wings -- September 16, 2009 -- 7:30 PM ET

Old
09-15-2009, 09:42 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Are those really going to the lines and goalies? Man I was really hoping to see us ease into the starters, although I guess 3 games in 4 nights will allow for some other looks. I was kinda expecting game one to be a whole lotta AHLers

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:48 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Are those really going to the lines and goalies? Man I was really hoping to see us ease into the starters, although I guess 3 games in 4 nights will allow for some other looks. I was kinda expecting game one to be a whole lotta AHLers
From what I understand, Stevens is more interested in pairings with the third player on a line added via rotation (Carter with Hartnell stay together and their line mate will differ, for instance). The lineup and roster is supposed to be determined today.

Emery was mentioned to start and play periods 1 and 2. A backup was not named but whoever doesn't play of the three listed will start in the second preseason game.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:11 AM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Hey stranger - nice to see you around! You were being paged in an old OT post (question about whiskey, of course!)
Thanks!!! Been one hell of a busy summer!! Unit's been outrageously busy, Beth and I are becoming grandparents in October. Meghan's due date is the second week of October, already told her it better not happen for the opening night of the NHL or the Flyers!! . A blue hockey stick has already been purchased, skates to follow.
Been popping in and out during the summer to see who is saying what. Glad the usual characters are still present and accounted for.

Oh yea, whiskey is good!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
Thanks!!! Been one hell of a busy summer!! Unit's been outrageously busy, Beth and I are becoming grandparents in October. Meghan's due date is the second week of October, already told her it better not happen for the opening night of the NHL or the Flyers!! . A blue hockey stick has already been purchased, skates to follow.
Been popping in and out during the summer to see who is saying what. Glad the usual characters are still present and accounted for.

Oh yea, whiskey is good!
Congratulations Gramps! A new baby in the family is the nicest news! But if this little one decides to make his (or her!) appearance on opening night, I'm betting you'll forget all about it as soon as you see him/her!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:

Oh yea, whiskey is good!
Congrats! Maybe it'll be an opening night of births between this and Jules.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
From what I understand, Stevens is more interested in pairings with the third player on a line added via rotation (Carter with Hartnell stay together and their line mate will differ, for instance). The lineup and roster is supposed to be determined today.

Emery was mentioned to start and play periods 1 and 2. A backup was not named but whoever doesn't play of the three listed will start in the second preseason game.
Well I suppose it's never to early to see if there is any chemistry that can be found. I wonder who the 3 rotations players will be. I wouldn't be surprised if Pyro is one.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
"February 12, 2007 -- In a national broadcast on Versus, the Flyers out-scored Detroit 5-0 in the third period en route to a 6-1 win in Philadelphia. The five goals came in a span of 10:45, including two by R.J. Umberger. The go-ahead goal came early in the third period on a 5-on-3 PPG by Peter Forsberg who played in his 100th and last regular season game as a Flyer as he was traded three days later. Forsberg was chosen the game's top star and won 15 of 20 faceoffs. Philly scored two SHGs. Michael Leighton, who appeared in the second of four games in his Flyers' career, made 31 saves opposite Joey McDonald for the Red Wings. Prior to the game, there was an emotional ceremony honoring the retired Keith Primeau"
I bought promo tickets to this game which entitled you to sit in a luxury box (sans food/booze) and get a meet and greet with Primeau between periods. One of my most favorite memories, and one of the best games I had ever been to. Especially in the season we don't talk about.

Quote:

Oh yea, whiskey is good!
Medicman... tell her to go a week early...and bring her to the opening game. She and I can "go together" (i'm due the 7th)... and the babies can be delivered by our families... who are all medics and EMT's! (my hubby and I are EMT's, my STH partners are a medic and nurse). What a story THAT would be!!!

EDIT: AH!! MSE..YAY for the GDT!!! It's been a long summer! Thanks!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I bought promo tickets to this game which entitled you to sit in a luxury box (sans food/booze) and get a meet and greet with Primeau between periods. One of my most favorite memories, and one of the best games I had ever been to. Especially in the season we don't talk about.

Medicman... tell her to go a week early...and bring her to the opening game. She and I can "go together" (i'm due the 7th)... and the babies can be delivered by our families... who are all medics and EMT's! (my hubby and I are EMT's, my STH partners are a medic and nurse). What a story THAT would be!!!

EDIT: AH!! MSE..YAY for the GDT!!! It's been a long summer! Thanks!
Congrats on almost being there. And oh no you don't, In my 20+ years in EMS, I have never delivered a baby and nor do I ever want to!!!! And if I do tonight on duty.....

Last edited by medicman: 09-15-2009 at 02:24 PM.
medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Congrats on almost being there. And oh no you don't, In my 20+ years in EMS, I have never delivered a baby and nor do I ever want to!!!! And if I do tonight on duty.....
LOL, I'll be 20 in EMS in March... I've delivered one... and it was as a cop. Go figure..LOL

Old
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
flyersfan97

Are you ready for some...........hockey??? Woooo-Hooooo, it's about time!!
MSE, I think you have outdone yourself, this is a heck of a GDT. Thanks, as always.

Quote:

Oh yea, whiskey is good!
Congratulations, medicman. Man-0-man, we sure do have a lot of future Flyers fans on the way.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:00 PM
dawkins121

God I've missed these.....

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Yay! I'm contemplating wearing my Richards jersey tomorrow in honor of the occasion . Does anyone know who the Red Wings back up is, or is it not decided yet?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Yay! I'm contemplating wearing my Richards jersey tomorrow in honor of the occasion . Does anyone know who the Red Wings back up is, or is it not decided yet?
Im wearing my Giroux Jersey for sure

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

OK..the baby brain is killing me. Or maybe it's the fact that without having been working, days all bluurrrrrrrr together... but I saw the GDT and thought the game was TONIGHT!

sigh................

Old
09-15-2009, 07:41 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
OK..the baby brain is killing me. Or maybe it's the fact that without having been working, days all bluurrrrrrrr together... but I saw the GDT and thought the game was TONIGHT!

sigh................
It sure ain't baby brain, because I did the same darn thing! lol

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Death of a Martian

holy crap MSE, you should write a book or something, awesome GDT.

can't recall ever being this excited at the start of a season.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 08:27 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of a Martian View Post
holy crap MSE, you should write a book or something, awesome GDT.

can't recall ever being this excited at the start of a season.

First, I have to finish the Pictorial Essay of Womens' Beach Volleyball.

Old
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Lineup for Detroit:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/
Quote:

Here's the Red Wings' lineup for the preseason opener Wednesday against the Philadelphia Flyers at Joe Louis Arena:

Forwards:
Johan Franzen-Pavel Datsyuk-Tomas Holmstrom
Kris Draper-Justin Abdelkader-Patrick Eaves
Mattias Ritola-Kris Newbury-Jan Mursak
Johan Ryno-Cory Emmerton-Jeremy Williams

Defense
Nicklas Lidstrom-Jabuk Kindl
Derek Meech-Brian Rafalski
Jonathan Ericsson-Andy Delmore

Goalies
Jimmy Howard
Daniel Larsson

Old
09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
First, I have to finish the Pictorial Essay of Womens' Beach Volleyball.
LOL!

Old
09-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Here's the Red Wings' lineup for the preseason opener Wednesday against the Philadelphia Flyers at Joe Louis Arena:

Forwards:
Johan Franzen-Pavel Datsyuk-Tomas Holmstrom
Kris Draper-Justin Abdelkader-Patrick Eaves
Mattias Ritola-Kris Newbury-Jan Mursak
Johan Ryno-Cory Emmerton-Jeremy Williams

Defense
Nicklas Lidstrom-Jabuk Kindl
Derek Meech-Brian Rafalski
Jonathan Ericsson-Andy Delmore

Goalies
Jimmy Howard
Daniel Larsson
Glad we're facing their top players. Should be a good test for the team and a good indicator for who's deserving of a spot.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 09-15-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:38 PM
bodangleroo28

Was there confirmation that those will be our lines?

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blog...onys/blog.html

Quote:
-Simon Gagne played in the scrimmage, but don't expect him in the lineup right away during the preseason. A team source said the plan is for Gagne to skip the first two preseason games, but to play in Toronto Saturday.
Take it for what its worth.

Old
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer6 View Post
Was there confirmation that those will be our lines?
Players will probablly get switched around but the top 2 lines will probablly be used in the beginning, and the defensive pairs will prob be used in the beginning. When they switch out Emery, you might see some different players on. I dont know the limit to how many players can play during a preseason game. Dont know if its the same as a regular season game.

Detriot is playing some of their stars so I guess we would also.

Old
09-15-2009, 10:11 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I'll be very curious how Pyorala goes, a lot of these guys, I go through a 3-4 step process.

1) Awesome, we signed a guy who did great in a top European league, I can't wait for him to come and dominate.

3-4 weeks later.

2) Seriously, this guy probably sucks, no one else signed him, he'll probably be lucky to make the AHL team.

4-5 weeks later.

3) I'm an idiot, wait till training camp.

So, he's done alright in camp, can he do it in preseason? Then obviously the next step would be the big-time I guess.

EDIT: For the record, I call this process, particularly Step 1, the Jiri Dopita syndrome.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'll be very curious how Pyorala goes, a lot of these guys, I go through a 3-4 step process.

1) Awesome, we signed a guy who did great in a top European league, I can't wait for him to come and dominate.

3-4 weeks later.

2) Seriously, this guy probably sucks, no one else signed him, he'll probably be lucky to make the AHL team.

4-5 weeks later.

3) I'm an idiot, wait till training camp.

So, he's done alright in camp, can he do it in preseason? Then obviously the next step would be the big-time I guess.

EDIT: For the record, I call this process, particularly Step 1, the Jiri Dopita syndrome.
Positive thoughts Fly, positive thoughts . Also I dont know much about Dopita, but didnt he have a knee issue? He seemed to put up a decent amount of points (27 in 54 games), but I dont know how well or bad he played.