HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund: 1st Time in 2009, Sundin To Montreal

Old
09-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
whats the deal with his site, and the audio that loads right away? You can't shut the ad on the right off? Nice tacky way to drive your visitors nuts.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by richm711 View Post
Yes, I'd take him for 2 million per easily.

He solves the captain issue or lack thereof, he can still put points on the board and he adds some size down the middle that we still need. It's a no brainer.

It amazes me that people will jump at the chance last year to pay him $6-8 million per and this year snub the guy at 0.25 cents on the dollar.

Makes no sense whatsoever. Fickle fans.
I hope you don't think he solve the captain matter. I just don't see him at this stage of his career playing the role of captain. Of the high pressure Montreal Canadiens to boot.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Wow, original

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No Thanks,getting older and didn't do anything with Vancouver last year.I would prefer to keep some cap space at the deadline if needed for a move,I like this team the way it is right now,wouldn't do anything
He wasn't bad at all. played a total of 49 games with them(including playoffs) and got 36 points.

To put that in perspective, Lang basically had the same production with us(39 points in 50) and we were very pleased with that.. At this point if Lang or Sundin were added to the team that would be great, injuries will always occur and its good to have that extra capable scoring center that can step up..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:44 PM
hockeyjockey

about Sundin... many say no thanks but if it makes our team better i say bring it. I personally think he can make a difference for us.

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:45 PM
The Nightman

I would take Sundin if the contract isn't too high.

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Fozz

I wouldn't have mind Sundin, at the condition that he would have been with the team from the get go and show up in camp with everybody else. It's too late now.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
yathehabsrule

Now that the Heatley deal is done, he needs new ammo.

Sundin's agent said neither he or his client had made any discussions with any club just a week or two back.

This is a little dated now, but I did this "exclusive" on Eklund over the summer..

Serious note, the Habs don't have the cap space and Martin seems happy with the roster he has to work with right now...Last thing he'd want is a "will he play, won't he play" guy like Sundin.

Ya! The Habs Rule!

yathehabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Marc-E-

This one is dead and done. It's been a while that we've move forward. Even Sundin doesn't know if he still wants play hockey, so...

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:12 PM
CrazyShea

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Why do people deam it necessary to repeat the same thing in every EK thread. We know the %'s are low, some of us don't care and it gives us something to discuss while we wait for the season to start. If people don't want to read an EK post why do you even open it ? Just curious ?

/rant

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:25 PM
neofury*

To be honest I've thought about it and if people are willing to take Lang I don't see why not Sundin if he'll take a serious pay cut and come straight to game 1.

No denying he is better then Plekanec. Not only that but he's a big C. I don't even care about payback for Komi, he's like the missing piece practically. (Yeah I know Vinny would be better, but I'm talking for a realistic 1 year deal 2nd line C)

And when you think about how this guy probably wants to just win a cup, seeing as how imo he could possibly see himself as a good fit here now with our current team, he could be willing to take the pay cut in order to win.

That having been said I doubt it'll happen or that the rumor is true and I think he'll end up signing cheap in Vancouver.

But I think if we did sign him:

A. Kost-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty/Lats-Sundin-Cammalleri (maybe Plekanec on wing even?)

It doesn't seem all that bad guys come on you'd get a chubby over having Sundin as a 2nd line center with cammalleri, those are two tough lines to play against imo, and our D looks good and depth is nice, and goaltending we have a young rising star as a goalie, its his season to prove now whether or not he's going to pan out, with a much improved D.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:25 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
I understand most people not wanting him, but he is big at 6'5 and we need size down the middle. Sundin is a playoff monster, again last year he had 3g-5a in 8 games. What about Sundin at 1.5 mill.
Also importantly he's great in faceoffs something we took a bit of a hit with losing Koivu.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 01:12 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

**** you Sundin and **** you Eklund.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 03:31 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
A load of bull and not worth the hassle. Time to retire Mats.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by querido17 View Post

**** you Sundin and **** you Eklund.
My sentiment exactly.

Has this mutt ever been right? Why such reverence for someone so pathetically wrong all the time.

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Pascal

lol @ HF still allowing EK threads.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground And Pound View Post
I'd take Sundin on a 1 year deal (i doubt he would sign for more than that anyway.)

No he didn't have his best year with the Canucks last season but let's not forget that he had no camp and signed with them at the mid season. At his age it's harder to pick up the tempo in these conditions.

Sundin would add a dimension that is sorely lacking to the team. His presence in the middle would have an immediate impact and that even if he doesn't produce at a PPG. I'd be happy with 30 goals/60-65pts and all the other intangibles he brings (leadership , size , faceoffs ect).
Good post. Pretty much sums up my POV on Sundin as well.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:14 AM
neofury*

lol @ people on HF still crying about HF allowing Eklund threads, just shut the **** up and don't post in them if you don't like it.

Old
09-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
lol @ people on HF still crying about HF allowing Eklund threads, just shut the **** up and don't post in them if you don't like it.
Why do you feel there's a need for them? LOL @ naive people, you mean...

Is eklund one of these HF Boards partners we see? If not, then why are threads directing traffic to his useless site still tolerated here?

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:41 AM
sandman08

Quote:
i agree heh.. it takes more effort for people to click on an eklund thread and post in it about eklund and how he's _______ then it does to ignore it.. they then complain eklund threads should be banned because theyre a waste of time never did get that one.

Mod edit:

Quote:
To be honest I've thought about it and if people are willing to take Lang I don't see why not Sundin if he'll take a serious pay cut and come straight to game 1.

No denying he is better then Plekanec. Not only that but he's a big C. I don't even care about payback for Komi, he's like the missing piece practically. (Yeah I know Vinny would be better, but I'm talking for a realistic 1 year deal 2nd line C)

And when you think about how this guy probably wants to just win a cup, seeing as how imo he could possibly see himself as a good fit here now with our current team, he could be willing to take the pay cut in order to win.

That having been said I doubt it'll happen or that the rumor is true and I think he'll end up signing cheap in Vancouver.

But I think if we did sign him:

A. Kost-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty/Lats-Sundin-Cammalleri (maybe Plekanec on wing even?)

It doesn't seem all that bad guys come on you'd get a chubby over having Sundin as a 2nd line center with cammalleri, those are two tough lines to play against imo, and our D looks good and depth is nice, and goaltending we have a young rising star as a goalie, its his season to prove now whether or not he's going to pan out, with a much improved D.
he would definitely give us a "scarier" dimension and should be a good role model for the kids as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Also importantly he's great in faceoffs something we took a bit of a hit with losing Koivu.
very good and important point..
somewhat off topic but how IS gomez in the faceoff circle?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-16-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed 2nd quoted post and response.
sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:48 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post

Is eklund one of these HF Boards partners we see? If not, then why are threads directing traffic to his useless site still tolerated here?
Dude just because people discuss them doesn't mean they're naive or believe in them. It's still fun to see what lineups would look like after his rumored deals go down

Obviously he is affiliated with HF in some way shape or form, and obviously the mods feel it is relevant discussion here on HF as nobody has actually proven that Eklund doesn't really have a source etc. So why do people always QQ about it, you know he makes rumors, you know people make threads about it, and that it's allowed, if you don't like it don't post about it. We all heard everyone's stance on the whole Eklund thing what... 2 years ago? For some members I'm sure since day one. We get it, you don't like Eklund, it's funny how you say he's for the naive people, but the people who seem to take his rumors the most seriously are the people always whining that his rumors have no place on HF.

Unfortunately you all don't get to decide that so stop complaining about it in each and every thread regarding the guy.

It's funny how people try to say it isn't relevant because it's an Eklund rumor when it's the summer and there's practically nothing else to discuss. But then they complain about an Eklund rumor being posted, the only thing irrelevant here is your contribution to the discussion. You don't like him or his rumors, as I already said, shut the **** up, and I mean it in the most polite way possible but being any politer people don't seem to understand that. You are entitled to your opinion but we've already heard the same people give the same exact opinion in every Eklund thread and you all are becoming even more tiresome then Eklund's rumor mill.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post

This is a question that should be directed through e-mail to one of the admins.

complaints@hfboards.com

09-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Turboflex*

If Plekanec is still continuing his 2008-2009 suckfest in December I'd definitely be looking at dumping him and signing Sundin.

What would there be to lose?

Eklund isn't saying anything too crazy here. It's obviously highly conditional on Plekanecs play.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
De Montreal
help

I would love to have him with us!!! He brings size, leadership, scoring, experience, clutchness... won't happen because it's Eklund but WOW!!!

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Andrei - Sundin - Plekanec
Latendresse - Lapierre - Sergeï
Moen - Metropolit - Laraque

CUP babe

De Montreal is online now   Reply With Quote