HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kessel + Moore + Eklund = False

Old
09-16-2009, 11:21 AM
stoney

vCash: 500
Kessel + Moore + Eklund = False

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...w-Next/1/23005

So Eklund thinks Kessel is talking to the Rangers, Dominic Moore as well.

I have an e5 that Eklund is really good at falsifying posts about Kessel.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:22 AM
TRP

duh?

TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:25 AM
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasey View Post
duh?
Dominic Moore, I can see that though. I guess he shouldn't have passed over the Leafs "lowball/hometown" offer.

Old
09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Krylian

It has been reported that the Rangers are definately interested so I don't think that's false....but I don't know if anything is remotely close to being done.

I don't know the Rangers cap numbers but I'd think they'd certainly have to move someone to make room.....unless they just plan on demoting a large salary to the minors...and with their money, it's possible.

Krylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneymcstone View Post

Crap, I can't believe you made me click on an Eklund link!!! I hate when I am not paying attention and do something that is so entirely against my principles.

Dom was with the Rangers a few years back. Might not be a bad place for him to sign this season.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:

Actually there is truth to the Eklund speculation.

Darren Dreger on Leafs Lunch today mentioned that Chiarelli had talks with Sather yesterday and Boston GM asked for Brandon Dubinsky (also and RFA) in a trade for Kessel.. According to Dreger, Glen Sather at this point is not willing to part with Dubinsky preferring to keep him instead.

Dominic Moore was a guest on Leafs Lunch yesterday and claimed he has a few feelers he is considering as options of which NYR could apply.. Dreger said today that Sather wants to send a message to Dubinsky who is holding out for more $$$ that you don't mess with the New York Rangers. Signing Moore to fill Dubinsky center spot does make some sense, as he was a former NYR a few seasons ago.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:32 AM
leafs123

i'm not a mod, but i think theres a sticky on eklund rumours, which are 0.000000001% accurate

leafs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Actually there is truth to the Eklund speculation.

Darren Dreger on Leafs Lunch today mentioned that Chiarelli had talks with Sather yesterday and Boston GM asked for Brandon Dubinsky (also and RFA) in a trade for Kessel.. According to Dreger Sather at this point is not willing to part with Dubinsky preferring to keep him instead.

Dominic Moore was a guest on Leafs Lunch yesterday and claimed he has a few feelers he is considering as options of which NYR could apply.. Dreger said today that Sather wants to send a message to Dubinsky who is holding out for more $$$ that you don't mess with the New York Rangers. Signing Moore to fill Dubinsky center spot does make some sense, as he was a former NYR a few seasons ago.
Thats not really Eklund speculating though I suppose? I just put it up because Eklund suggesting it usually makes it not happen and I want Kessel on the Leafs.

Old
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Jason needs Dom

Will Blake be able to duplicate last year with out Moore as his Centre.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Krylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Sign Yashin.

Old
09-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Thats not really Eklund speculating though I suppose? I just put it up because Eklund suggesting it usually makes it not happen.
Eklund must simply be listening to AM640 Radio in Toronto to come up with this new rumours as he calls it.

Old
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
Sign Yashin.
or Jagr......????

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Krylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
or Jagr......????
Yashin was Blake's center when he potted 40 on the Island...that's what I was getting at.

Old
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM
TheProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
Yashin was Blake's center when he potted 40 on the Island...that's what I was getting at.
I don't think that's such a bad idea.

TheProspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
He produced 13 points in 19 games after the Moore trade, so I'm thinking yes.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
TheProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
So: 0.85 points per game with Moore, and 0.68 points per game without.

Pretty big drop.

TheProspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Blake is also already 36 and father time creeps up on all players and Jason is already getting into borrowed time in terms of average NHL age and longevity is concerned, and among a fairly small group of 10-15% still active and productive. Some players hit that age barrier pretty hard and see a very quick drop off in their performance after age 35.

In fact the CBA even acknowledges that well known historically proven fact of rapid decline and has special rules and clauses built into the new CBA specifically for players over that age.

NHL is still a young players game and the Salary Cap World promotes young players on cheap contracts to offset your Stars big $$ contracts. The NHL is very unforgiving to older players when their performance drops off and waste no time buying out or replacing them from within.

Old
09-16-2009, 12:49 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Blake is also already 36 and father time creeps up on all players and Jason is already getting into borrowed time in terms of average NHL age and longevity is concerned, and among a fairly small group of 10-15% still active and productive. Some players hit that age barrier pretty hard and see a very quick drop off in their performance after age 35.

In fact the CBA even acknowledges that well known historically proven fact of rapid decline and has special rules and clauses built into the new CBA specifically for players over that age.

NHL is still a young players game and the Salary Cap World promotes young players on cheap contracts to offset your Stars big $$ contracts. The NHL is very unforgiving to older players when their performance drops off and waste no time buying out or replacing them from within.
Yet you failed to mention that he has had a short career relative to his age, with much less wear and tear than others in his age group. JFJ also signed him at an age where he cannot retire and the Leafs take the cap hit if he chooses to do so. No love for Blake; all the guy does in produce and give his all every shift. Chelios, JR, Lidstrom, Neds and many many others have proven your "NHL is a young mans game" theory wrong.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:

In reality the trend has been over recent history to players playing longer than before due to improvements in health and fitness. It is the fringe players that suffer due to the cap requiring lower salaried players in supporting roles.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
LTL

Quote:

Yet people keep posting his links and worse starting threads on it.

Time for HF to start cracking down on Ek's multiple account link baiting. PLEASE.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProspector View Post

Pretty big drop.
Dominic Moore had double the points last season in 63 games than he did in any season before and the Leafs turned that into a 2nd round pick. Thank Jason Blake.

Old
09-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProspector View Post

Pretty big drop.
Not only that but in the last dozen games of a Leafs season post trade deadline in the past, where the playoffs are all but gone, have seen many Leafs put on their best last season points bursts.

When the pressure of winning is off and its simply pond hockey to complete the year, stats padding is very common among Leaf players in the past.

We have all see Kubina and many others elevate their games during this time, that always left us asking where was that effort when it really mattered.. Heck Boyd Devereaux is popping hattricks in game #82 and hasn't even gotten an NHL training camp invites sniff despite that offensive outburst.

So late season stats (sample data set) need to be taken with a grain of salt in light of that situation, and its common practice on many bad non playoffs teams to have players padding their own personal stats when wins and losses no longer are a concern. Blake's ppg stats still fell off to his earlier pace despite this anomaly.

Old
09-16-2009, 01:07 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Not only that but in the last dozen games of a Leafs season post trade deadline in the past, where the playoffs are all but gone, have seen many Leafs put on their best last season points bursts.

When the pressure of winning is off and its simply pond hockey to complete the year, stats padding is very common among Leaf players in the past.

We have all see Kubina and many others elevate their games during this time, that always left us asking where was that effort when it really mattered.. Heck Boyd Devereaux is popping hattricks in game #82 and hasn't even gotten an NHL training camp invites sniff despite that offensive outburst.

So late season stats (sample data set) need to be taken with a grain of salt in light of that situation, and its common practice on many bad non playoffs teams to have players padding their own personal stats when wins and losses no longer are a concern. Blake's ppg stats still fell off to his earlier pace despite this anomaly.
Then why were we reminded incessantly of Brad Boyes stats over the years as he racked up points on non-playoff teams since he played his first post-season game a few months ago?

Old
09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
Yet you failed to mention that he has had a short career relative to his age, with much less wear and tear than others in his age group. JFJ also signed him at an age where he cannot retire and the Leafs take the cap hit if he chooses to do so. No love for Blake; all the guy does in produce and give his all every shift. Chelios, JR, Lidstrom, Neds and many many others have proven your "NHL is a young mans game" theory wrong.
Naming 4 exceptions (usually contained to star players) of which 2 of 4 named are all but retired among a league of 800 players does not provide a significant rebuttal to its "a young man's game".

I guesstimated that Blake at age 36 is already in a 10-15% small group still playing beyond that age and that might be high even.

How many of the NHL 800 odd players do you think are age 36 and beyond? Blake is the oldest Leaf player so all of Leafs entire 60 player training camp roster is already beneath him in age.

Old
09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Time for HF to start cracking down on Ek's multiple account link baiting. PLEASE.
I thought this was only obvious to me. Dwayne is a master self-promoter.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote