HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

How Does Schremp Rate Now

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2004, 01:52 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
7.5, 8?

I thought that was based on talent, from what i've seen and heard his talent is extremely high. Top tier high, so why would that be so low?
I would say Bish, but I would rate him that low because personally anything over 8.5 is save the next Gretzky, Lemieux from what I know, an almost sure-fire HOF or franchise player.

Old
11-13-2004, 02:03 AM
hunter1909*

unless the oilers franchise is DOOMED TO A LIVING HELL...///////

schremp should be just what the doctor ordered...

Old
11-13-2004, 03:41 AM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
What you are saying is that somehow you know something that all the NHL teams that passed on Schremp do not know ??? Give me a break.

If 20 odd NHL teams passed on Schremp because of an attitude problem, you better believe there is a lot of merit to that. It's not just cockiness.

He's a highly skilled player for sure but he obviously landed in the Oilers laps for a reason.
In 1990 18 teams passed on Keith Tkachuk because of "attitude" problems.
In 1991 15 teams passed on Markus Naslund because of "attitude" problems & questions regarding his character.
In 1993 38 teams (12 twice) passed on Brendan Morrison because of "attitude" problems. Miro Satan fell to the 5th round because of "character" issues.
In 1995 Petr Sykora fell to 18th overall because of a major injury & character questions.
In 1999 25 teams passed on Martin Havlat because of a supposed "attitude problem.

This is just a small sample. It could be argued that some of these guys aren't exactly born leaders, but their achievements speak for themselves.

Old
11-13-2004, 01:56 PM
trahans99

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/London...13/712651.html

"Every time we talk to someone they ask about the records, but it's not about the records here, it's about the season," said Schremp, who has 15 points, including seven goals, in his last six games.

"Our goal is to come out and win and to leave everything on the ice," Schremp said."

It doesn't look to me like Schremp has a lot of baggage by what he says and what his coach says this year. I think all those Schremp doubters should watch him play and then judge. I've seen him over 50 times and has improved dramatically defensively this year and has also stepped up his offensive play. Definately has one of the best shots in CHL.

Old
11-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
In 1990 18 teams passed on Keith Tkachuk because of "attitude" problems.
In 1991 15 teams passed on Markus Naslund because of "attitude" problems & questions regarding his character.
In 1993 38 teams (12 twice) passed on Brendan Morrison because of "attitude" problems. Miro Satan fell to the 5th round because of "character" issues.
In 1995 Petr Sykora fell to 18th overall because of a major injury & character questions.
In 1999 25 teams passed on Martin Havlat because of a supposed "attitude problem.

This is just a small sample. It could be argued that some of these guys aren't exactly born leaders, but their achievements speak for themselves.
What a bunch of crap. The only guy in your list that had alleged character issues was Tkachuk.
By the way, there are lots of guys who had character issues that never made it because of those issues.

Old
11-13-2004, 04:13 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
What a bunch of crap. The only guy in your list that had alleged character issues was Tkachuk.
By the way, there are lots of guys who had character issues that never made it because of those issues.

Sammy, what makes you so sure these attitude problems are true? Given that his coach and all former teammates don't talk about it.

His coach has been praising his commitment to defense and work ethic this year.

I am just wondering what inside info you have that contradicts all of this?

Old
11-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Sammy, what makes you so sure these attitude problems are true? Given that his coach and all former teammates don't talk about it.

His coach has been praising his commitment to defense and work ethic this year.

I am just wondering what inside info you have that contradicts all of this?
I havnt once said he has one. I have no idea if he does or doesnt.
I have said that I dont believe all these Schremp apologist's/fanboys who say there is nothing wrong with him or his game. If he is so frickin talented & there were no questions about him or his game, he wouldnt wouldnt have dropped like a lead balloon on draft day, & the only people who have input into that are GM's & scouts who has no agenda other than to pick the best availiable "package" (surprise, surprise, just like the US WJC management).

Last edited by Sammy*: 11-13-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old
11-13-2004, 06:35 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I havnt once said he has one. I have no idea if he does or doesnt.
I have said that I dont believe all these Schremp apologist's/fanboys who say there is nothing wrong with him or his game. If he is so frickin talented & there were no questions about him or his game, he wouldnt wouldnt have dropped like a lead balloon on draft day, & the only people who have input into that are GM's & scouts who has no agenda other than to pick the best availiable "package" (surprise, surprise, just like the US WJC management).

Valid points But given his great start to the year, do you think he may have silenced some of his critics? He seems to have focused all his energy on proving all the GM's wrong that passed on him. And he seems to be doing it well. At least from what I have seen and heard.

I think a lot of teams are going to be upset they passed on this obviously talented kid.

Old
11-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
But given his great start to the year, do you think he may have silenced some of his critics?
I think a lot of teams are going to be upset they passed on this obviously talented kid.
Maybe & I hope so as I am an Oiler fan.

Closed Thread