HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moen vs. Lucic

Old
09-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If you really want to fight him, force him to fight you. Go hit any guys he's playing with. If he doesn't respond at one point, he looks like a wimp. If he does, you'll have your fight. Be sure to win though.....

And let's cut the crap about being to important to fight. People in here used that expression way too often for the reason that they knew that our guy was just a terrible fighter and were looking for excuses. In a case where a top guy can fight, 1 or 2nd line, he'll fight.

But I do expect one or 2 games against the Bruins where Lucic-Thornton and Bégin will end up fighting Stewart-Moen-Laraque. I hope we could do this on the first game and then starts playing something called hockey and win those games. They master the moral victories, we'll be satisfied with the victories part....
Andre Roy who doesn't have a contract now was making that point on RDS the other day. He said "when the guy doesn't want to fight, you make sure he won't have the choice but to fight you. You can even hit and attack his teamates to provoc something". A couple of little things that BGL has never seem to have needed to do before he came to Montreal. After all the years of being an enforcer it's strange how BGL has never learned to do those things properly.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
flowerpower13*

Laraque has to show a lesson to Lucic. He has to know we're not messing around this year.

Moen won't get Lucic, he'll probably get beaten and his career in MTL will be over.

flowerpower13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:35 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Ruins fans say he is and that he is top 10 heavy weight fighter in the league.
No...they don't.

Love,
a Bruins fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Posts like this give a bad rep to Habs fans. Komisarek id a 6'4 245 pound punishing defensive defensmen who was in Lucic's face for 2 years before they thought. No way should any player fight his battles, especially with all of the yapping between the 2.
OMG...thank you.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 09-15-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: merge
GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
People really need to get a handle on their expectations for Moen.

He is not a heavyweight fighter. Heck im not sure that he's much of a middleweight either. He's an up and down, reliable player that will finish his checks and fight when he needs to. He is a bigger version of Kostopolous.

As a fighter he is about on part with Gregory Stewart. Both are on the lower end of the middleweight scale.
That assesment is perfect. I agree 100% but I think you underestimate Gregory Stewarts ability to fight. He's no BGL but I thinnk he could go toe to toe with Lucy.

Stewart is 6'2 200 and Lucic 6'3 220 I think

Would be a great battle!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
That assesment is perfect. I agree 100% but I think you underestimate Gregory Stewarts ability to fight. He's no BGL but I thinnk he could go toe to toe with Lucy.

Stewart is 6'2 200 and Lucic 6'3 220 I think

Would be a great battle!
I think it would be too, until they both dropped the gloves. Stewart is a tough kid, but I'd be willing to bet Lucic would win. Moen would stand a better chance.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower13 View Post
L

Moen won't get Lucic, he'll probably get beaten and his career in MTL will be over.
Lets not be too dramatic here.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:55 AM
howie44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I think it would be too, until they both dropped the gloves. Stewart is a tough kid, but I'd be willing to bet Lucic would win. Moen would stand a better chance.
Stewart would have a much better chance than Moen. Moen really has not fought too many tough guys and Stewart would take Moen fairly easy and would likely beat Lucic. I have no idea why you all think Lucic is so tough name anyone he has fought that is a good fighter?

howie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
There's no "Moen would destroy Lucic" or "Lucic would kill Moen".

Laraque asides, any single guy virtually can beat any single guy in the league.

Lucic got the **** beat out of his sorry ass by Tim Gleason. I mean... Tim Gleason. He's not exactly known for his fighting talents, even though he can drop them when there's need to.

Also, I'd like to point out that in the video where Begin wins against Moen, Moen still is a green 21 years old rookie. He wasn't even done bulking up and wasn't even known as a decent fighter at this time.

As far as Lucic goes, he'll have much less impact in Habs - Bruins games next year, beleive me. Without Komisarek, he's not going to have anybody to run after.

If he does run into Gomez, Cammy, Markov and Gionta, I'm fairly confident Stewart, Lapierre, Latendresse, Laraque and Moen will not hesitate to attack Savard, Bergeron, Kessel (assuming he's still there), Wideman, Ryder and cie.

Begin is not going to do anything dirty against the Canadiens either. His heart still is there, and he has an attachment to this organisation.

I'm confident we'll do much better against the Bruins this year. A lot of games were really close last year in the regular season when both teams were healthy.

I also disagree when people say Boston is the team to beat in the East. Pittsburgh and Philly are, IMO, a notch above everybody. From there, anything is possible. NorthEast is a wildcard.
I totally agree with your statement about Pittsburgh and Philly. Pittsburgh coming off a cup win with 2 extremely confident superstars and a goalie who also is looking to enter his prime as well They're going to be tough and who knows they could even repeat last years cup win. Philly I think is going to be the real team to beat though. I have a feeling Emery will be good, he's such a Philly player

Honestly Philly worries me just a bit this year haha

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
He said himself that he considers rivality with Komisarek as "something personal".

He doesn't have the same impact in every 82 games.

I don't get all this "Lucic love-in" and "Lucic obsession" around here. He's a good, physical player, good for him, good for the Bruins. We also have very talented players. He's an opponent, just like every 20 other players of the Bruins. He's part of the opponent's equation, but he's not THE opponent's equation.

Let him play his game, let's play our games. He's not good enough of a player for us to talk about him that much.
I don't get why you quoted the statements you quoted. I don't see people saying I'm Lucic obsession or I Lucic love-in lmao.

Old
09-16-2009, 11:38 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The man eats tofu burgers and spends a couple of hours a day finding his chi, he doesn't have any pent up anger.
He's so calm. He's a good fighter and he knows it, and he doesn't let emotions **** with that. I like him for that reason, if he stays healthy and fights you won't hear me complain about him or his shortcomings defensively.

Honestly I can't wait to see him pound somebody. He's the heavyweight champ and he knows is, and he isn't afraid of anyone nor does he get emotional about fighting, to him it's part of the game, hell it is the game, and it's fun for him. He doesn't get angry, he just pounds people. I loved that fight he had over in phoenix, the "nice guy" one

Old
09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
neofury*

Also wanted to mention I think Stewart could take Lucic, I think this season they may trade off, Lucic wins one, Stewart wins another.

I thought I read somewhere that Stewart was doing some MMA style or boxing style training this summer.

Old
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Also wanted to mention I think Stewart could take Lucic, I think this season they may trade off, Lucic wins one, Stewart wins another.

I thought I read somewhere that Stewart was doing some MMA style or boxing style training this summer.
Nice.
But Stewart really needs to bulk up to at least 215 or 220 if he wants to fight big guys like Lucic.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Cam Ward likes Lucic's Bewbs.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:25 PM
emb24*

lucic outweighs stewart by 25 pounds, he might be able to throw some early but he'd be overpowered.

stewart is a middleweight...he fights guys like o'brien, thorburn etc

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:48 PM
howie44

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
lucic outweighs stewart by 25 pounds, he might be able to throw some early but he'd be overpowered.

stewart is a middleweight...he fights guys like o'brien, thorburn etc
Stewart fought aaron downey last year and held his own even after downey got the early jump and downey even said he could not believe how strong stewart was and i doubt lucic is any stronger than downey

howie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:56 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie44 View Post
Stewart fought aaron downey last year and held his own even after downey got the early jump and downey even said he could not believe how strong stewart was and i doubt lucic is any stronger than downey

People underrate Lucic's strenght. Not just because he is young and good at other thing than fighting it means he is average at wrestling. Even if he was born with no hockey skill, he could still have make it to the NHL as a goon..

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
No...they don't.

Love,
a Bruins fan
Do too.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote