HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson Shorthanded Goal - 09/15/09

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
  #26
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Hickey aside, it's not like the yotes fans think a whole hell of a lot of Turris thus far.
That's an inaccurate statement. Coyotes fans know what they have in Turris. Management rushed him into the NHL at the age of 19. The website said he was listed at 170lbs. which would be very generous even with padding on. He got destroyed last year on many occasions, and Gretzky misused him all year long. He'll probably spend the majority of the year in the AHL where he belongs, on the 1st line getting valuable development time.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 05:22 PM
  #27
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
That's an inaccurate statement. Coyotes fans know what they have in Turris. Management rushed him into the NHL at the age of 19. The website said he was listed at 170lbs. which would be very generous even with padding on. He got destroyed last year on many occasions, and Gretzky misused him all year long. He'll probably spend the majority of the year in the AHL where he belongs, on the 1st line getting valuable development time.
That's probably an ideal situation for him. He needs to grow physically. He was getting abused last night. I hope that didnt happen to him much last year.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:22 PM
  #28
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,397
vCash: 500
I can never get those videos to play.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
  #29
Semin
.
 
Semin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
There were some posts about Hickey, I went on a hockey trip to Brandon, and they played Seattle Thunderbirds and just watching Hickey was a treat. I swear no one could get past him. He was just rock solid. Perfect positioning, great first pass, really,really good skater, used his stick well to get the puck from the opponents. I'm intrigued to watch more King games with there young nucleus they have.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:31 PM
  #30
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,308
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
There were some posts about Hickey, I went on a hockey trip to Brandon, and they played Seattle Thunderbirds and just watching Hickey was a treat. I swear no one could get past him. He was just rock solid. Perfect positioning, great first pass, really,really good skater, used his stick well to get the puck from the opponents. I'm intrigued to watch more King games with there young nucleus they have.
thank you for this

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:36 PM
  #31
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
I can never get those videos to play.
You either need to install flash or activeX plug-ins. There should be a prompt somewhere depending on what browser you use.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:59 PM
  #32
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
Can someone help me download this? I've tried like three different ways but I can't get it. Any form of the file would be ok but preferably flv format. Please help this would really help me when making videos.
If your on a mac try this:

Open Safari

From the window menu , select activity from the list -the activity window will open
(it lists all the activity from the site that's being downloaded)

Go to Lakings.com and start the video

The activity window will list a bunch of gif,jpeg and anything else being downloaded from the site and it's file size. Look for the largest file (5.9 megs) being downloaded or that has been downloaded.

Double click on the file name (it will have a long name and a bunch of numbers in it), and new safari window will open which is normal , then the file will start to download in your download manager.

The file name is 091509_Johnson_SH_Goal_sd.flv

Once downloaded, open it in whatever program opens .flv videos (either VLC or quicktime)



kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
  #33
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
If your on a mac try this:

Open Safari

From the window menu , select activity from the list -the activity window will open
(it lists all the activity from the site that's being downloaded)

Go to Lakings.com and start the video

The activity window will list a bunch of gif,jpeg and anything else being downloaded from the site and it's file size. Look for the largest file (5.9 megs) being downloaded or that has been downloaded.

Double click on the file name (it will have a long name and a bunch of numbers in it), and new safari window will open which is normal , then the file will start to download in your download manager.

The file name is 091509_Johnson_SH_Goal_sd.flv

Once downloaded, open it in whatever program opens .flv videos (either VLC or quicktime)
Ooooh, didn't know about that. That sounds easy peasy.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:14 PM
  #34
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Ooooh, didn't know about that. That sounds easy peasy.
It is.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:18 PM
  #35
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 5,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
That's an inaccurate statement. Coyotes fans know what they have in Turris. Management rushed him into the NHL at the age of 19. The website said he was listed at 170lbs. which would be very generous even with padding on. He got destroyed last year on many occasions, and Gretzky misused him all year long. He'll probably spend the majority of the year in the AHL where he belongs, on the 1st line getting valuable development time.
Did I really need to add "in the NHL?"

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
  #36
BringTheReign
Registered User
 
BringTheReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Thank god, you guys are not Gm's

Jack Johnson would play for another team now..........

I always said he is something special and right now,
he is even 1 step in front of Doughty
Jack Johnson is my favorite player. I have a jersey of his, signed by him. I have most of his rookie cards. I've met him multiple times, but even I am not homer enough to agree with you here.

If he pulls off a huge season, I might say he has caught up to Doughty, but never 1 step ahead. I've had the pleasure of watching JMFJ play for about 4 years now and Doughty only 1 but I have to say the only way JMFJ is 1 step ahead of Doughty is in physical maturity and physical play. He's stronger, hits harder, has a better shot, etc.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
  #37
Semin
.
 
Semin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
thank you for this
No problem, I don't know why I don't watch more games. I like most of there players, and since now I'm home at nights and up really late when there games are on, I should watch them.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:33 PM
  #38
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,301
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Wow, that was amazing! That is the JMFJ I know and love, I want to see that effort night in and out! Go get 'em Jack!

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
  #39
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,308
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
No problem, I don't know why I don't watch more games. I like most of there players, and since now I'm home at nights and up really late when there games are on, I should watch them.
Yes you should

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
  #40
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
It is.
And if you don't have a Mac?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
  #41
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
And if you don't have a Mac?
Buy one.

I am a PC guy too, but in the editing world, Mac has become pretty standard. Not sure how serious you take editing, but if you ever want to take it beyond a hobby, you're going to need to know and most likely own a Mac.

Blame Final Cut. I do.


Last edited by JDM: 09-17-2009 at 12:17 AM.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 03:15 AM
  #42
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Buy one.

I am a PC guy too, but in the editing world, Mac has become pretty standard. Not sure how serious you take editing, but if you ever want to take it beyond a hobby, you're going to need to know and most likely own a Mac.

Blame Final Cut. I do.
LOL I wish I could man but I'm a broke ass teen. I can barely pay for my gas/girlfriend/clothes/college books. I'm 18, attending Junior college as a full time student. Editing is a hobby but writing/journalism is what I excel at. I have time though so I could change my major but I honestly don't know how editing as an everyday job works (pay/stability/growth/etc.).

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM
  #43
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
I expect to see that kind of game out of Johnson often this season. Like I said before, I think he could very well be our best all around dman when it's all said and done. Yep, better than DD.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
  #44
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,308
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I expect to see that kind of game out of Johnson often this season. Like I said before, I think he could very well be our best all around dman when it's all said and done. Yep, better than DD.
That's a bold statement

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM
  #45
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
That's a bold statement
Well that's the kind of guy I am.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 03:08 PM
  #46
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,301
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I have always said that I think JJ has a higher offensive upside than Doughty, only time will tell if he can achieve it fully, but the skills are all there. He has a better shot, better stickhandling, and a little extra skating ability - Doughty makes up for it in vision. It is not a competition, those two could be one of the greatest pairings in NHL history if they are capable of putting it together, if not, at least they will be one of the best in the NHL today.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
  #47
anguscertified
HFB Partner
 
anguscertified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,019
vCash: 500
Doughty's hockey IQ is insane - that is what will always separate him and JJ (and 95% of other NHL defensemen).

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:23 PM
  #48
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
And if you don't have a Mac?
You can download the file from here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38ZM11RV

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
  #49
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Buy one.

I am a PC guy too, but in the editing world, Mac has become pretty standard. Not sure how serious you take editing, but if you ever want to take it beyond a hobby, you're going to need to know and most likely own a Mac.

Blame Final Cut. I do.
Even if you went the Final Cut way, you could always go with Final Cut Express to get started, and it's much cheaper. That where I started and eventually move to FC Studio.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
  #50
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Even if you went the Final Cut way, you could always go with Final Cut Express to get started, and it's much cheaper. That where I started and eventually move to FC Studio.
Very true.

I started with Adobe and moved to FCP.

There are some very good Adobe discounts for students. Much better than Apple's.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.