HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game #1 -- Flyers at Red Wings -- September 16, 2009 -- 7:30 PM ET

Old
09-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Morinisbear

vCash: 500
Not sure if this has been posted

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...Red_Wings.html

Morinisbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Could anybody that watched the game kindly tell me how Emery played? From what I've read, he played a great game, as the article reads below...

Flyers Goalie Ray Emery Solid in Preseason Opening Loss Against Wings
Quote:
A lot of questions surround the Philadelphia Flyers goaltending situation heading into the 2009-10 NHL season. Like will Ray Emery be able to keep his head on straight? Can Razor be the goalie he once was in Ottawa? Is he capable of taking this team to the promise land?

The beginning of answering those questions began on Wednesday night as the Flyers kicked off their preseason in Detroit, losing 3-1 to the defending Western Conference champions. Sugar Ray got his first start with the Flyers, and his first NHL game action since he last played in the 2007-08 season.

Emery played the first two periods against the Red Wings, and made 23 stops on 25 shots. He wasn't tested much in the opening stanza, however the tests came in the second. Emery faced 19 shots on goal during the second period, and made 17 saves.

Kris Draper tied the game at one around halfway into the middle period when he cashed in on a rebound left by Emery. Jamie Tardif pushed Detroit ahead 2-1 with 1:52 left to play in the period with a one-timer from Justin Abdelkader.

In the end, Emery had a solid preseason debut for the Orange and Black.
Link to full article

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
FlyersCup08

JVR seems to have brought his game this year (not just because of his points). He's skating well and playing good hockey.

After what we've seen so far, who thinks JVR'll make the team?

Also hoping Betts and Pyorala make the squad.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Could anybody that watched the game kindly tell me how Emery played? From what I've read, he played a great game, as the article reads below...

Flyers Goalie Ray Emery Solid in Preseason Opening Loss Against Wings

Link to full article
Nobody could watch the game, it wasn't televised, only radio broadcast. But he was definitely very solid, especially given the fact that we were on the PK for damn near the entire second period. It sounded like both goals he gave up, he was hung out to dry by the D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
Yeah, Saunders and Therien commented during the game last night that Betts is the guy who should get the final contract (Pyorala already has one). He sounded outstanding on the PK last night.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:22 AM
HeyYoNick8

Send a message via AIM to HeyYoNick8
I was at the game last night, Pronger got boo'd everytime he stepped on the ice. That was to be expected playing in Detroit though. Overall you guys didn't look that bad.

HeyYoNick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
Thanks dude!

I like how the "van" on his nameplate is smaller, and has a space before the big "Riemsdyk".

Last edited by Jim Schennson: 09-17-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Morinisbear

Did anyone on the Flyers stand out for good (besides JVR potting one) or bad play?

Morinisbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
JVR seems to have brought his game this year (not just because of his points). He's skating well and playing good hockey.

After what we've seen so far, who thinks JVR'll make the team?

I want to see him play a few months in the AHL first. It's great he's playing great. But I don't want him to over do it.

I think Betts get's the last contract. We needed someone of his nature last year.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Did very well. Very good save percentage (around .916), got hung out to dry on both of the goals he let in (didn't really have a chance), made a few nice saves, made all the saves he was supposed to, and kept the team in the game. About as much as you could ask considering we were on the PK half the night.

Quote:
Did anyone on the Flyers stand out for good (besides JVR potting one) or bad play?
The Good:

-Pronger. He was second star and he was being Pronger. Clearing the net almost every time, playing solid defense.

-JVR. Got our only goal and made an all around nice effort. I remember that he made one bad play in the defensive zone that helped lead to a goal against us, but that's it.

-Emery. Did as much as we could have asked of him.

-Betts. Fantastic on the PK. Solid effort even when not on the PK.

The Bad:

I didn't really hear who did bad. I heard Bell looked like he was floating out there, but that's about it. The d-men screwed up on the second goal.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote