HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

PS #2 - 09.16.09 | NY Rangers @ NJ Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
09-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778 View Post
I wasn't able to watch the game. How did Del Zotto look getting over 25 mins? My biggest concern about him was his conditioning because I know it was a problem in the past. Did anyone else stand out among the other kids or older players?
2 days of skating and then 2 straight games definitly don't seems to have affected him much. Thats pretty impressive.

He is a very very smart player and that helps him conserve his energy. You just got to love his instincts.

I definitly think MDZ have like "Dan Boyle" potential and that Matt Gilroy have Brian Campbell potential.

With Gilroy its kind of hard to tell how much he will grow (Lev- like not get taller, but as a player)/improve as a player since he already is 25 y/o. But looking at a player like Brian Rafalski its definitly not impossible for him to keep developin for several years. I followed Brian Rafelski a lot in Europe and then in the NHL and he improved a ton after joining NJD and he was 26 y/o when he left Finland.

Two very bright spots so far, along with Grachev.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:01 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Sorry to be so blunt, but if you would rather have Lisin in the lineup than Avery, you havent been watching or you just cant evaluate players that well.

Lisin is a positional nightmare out there. It doesnt matter how much skill the guy has if he isnt in the right areas to use it. Avery was one of the best players on the ice on several occasions last season including the playoffs, despite his other shortcomings.

But if thats how you would build a team, thats cool.
flat our incorrect statement. period.

you need to watch better and understand hockey perhaps better.

in fact, lisin hasnt hurt the team one bit with his positioning. quite the contrary.

in fact, hes been in the proper spots to take shots when the passes come to him.

in fact, he played the pp last night and made good tape to tape passes and moved his feet properly.

in fact, hes played a 2 on 1 perfect with grachev, receiving the pass in stride, making a nice move and but for a bouncing puck from crappy garden ice, he probably scores.

in fact, where appropriate, hes dumped the puck deep and gone and got it.

in fact, he knows exactly where to stand in all zones. in the d zone i see him high and wide when the puck is in opposite corner. correct.

i see him down low winning board battles alot in both games. correct.

i see him staying wide to create space in the neutral zone. correct.

i see him back checking and taking the body. correct.

i see him in the slot in a good shooting position in the ozone. correct.

and most of all, ive see him have numerous scoring chances in the ozone getting his shot on net. something this team doesnt do that well.

your statement shows your absolute bias towards lisin and makes anything you say now about his play seem agenda driven.

please continue sharing your thoughts with us but prepare to be challenged when you make invalid observations.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yea because Grachev, Anisimov, Kotalik, Drury, Prospal, Callahan... Actually the whole roster except for Gilroy, Owens, and Higgins... DIDN'T score either... But less crucify Lisin?
I have to agree with broadwayblue at this point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'd still like to see him finish a few times before I form an opinion on the guy. He certainly has wheels, but can he put the puck in the net?
Like Prucha, he's got a knack for getting himself in the right place at the right time to generate a chance, but I haven't seen an ability to finish the play.....yet. I'm not saying he's Prucha II, I'm not down on him, I think he has definitely earned a longer look, but he's only joining the team if Torts knows he can generate offense, not just good chances.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:02 AM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Anybody have a video of Gilroy's goal? I was in the car on the way home and missed both of our goals.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
flat our incorrect statement. period.

you need to watch better and understand hockey perhaps better.

in fact, lisin hasnt hurt the team one bit with his positioning. quite the contrary.

in fact, hes been in the proper spots to take shots when the passes come to him.

in fact, he played the pp last night and made good tape to tape passes and moved his feet properly.

in fact, hes played a 2 on 1 perfect with grachev, receiving the pass in stride, making a nice move and but for a bouncing puck from crappy garden ice, he probably scores.

in fact, where appropriate, hes dumped the puck deep and gone and got it.

in fact, he knows exactly where to stand in all zones. in the d zone i see him high and wide when the puck is in opposite corner. correct.

i see him down low winning board battles alot in both games. correct.

i see him staying wide to create space in the neutral zone. correct.

i see him back checking and taking the body. correct.

i see him in the slot in a good shooting position in the ozone. correct.

and most of all, ive see him have numerous scoring chances in the ozone getting his shot on net. something this team doesnt do that well.

your statement shows your absolute bias towards lisin and makes anything you say now about his play seem agenda driven.

please continue sharing your thoughts with us but prepare to be challenged when you make invalid observations.
Lisin has been OK. Nothing more, nothing less. You're making him out to be the best thing since sliced bread...its pretty crazy actually. Im going to feel really bad for you when he doesnt crack the top 12 forwards, because that day is coming fast.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Anybody have a video of Gilroy's goal? I was in the car on the way home and missed both of our goals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWFZLPRa-o

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:12 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
I still say bs on the avery goal
its pre-season , you think the league can wait till the actual season starts before they start calling that crap?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:12 AM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
WOW. That was pretty sick.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Lisin has been OK. Nothing more, nothing less. You're making him out to be the best thing since sliced bread...its pretty crazy actually. Im going to feel really bad for you when he doesnt crack the top 12 forwards, because that day is coming fast.
Yea you know, I thought we were talking about Alex Ovechkin over here.

Then I realized its just Enver Lisin!

Someone said he's not Zherdev. Of course, because he's worse. Nowhere near the talent level of Z.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Colt Seavers

Thanks for posting the Gilroy goal!
Impressive hands on that kid!

Colt Seavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Cermi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
Del Zotto has looked decent, definitely more than I expected. He has a nice shot and has looked somewhat responsible on defense. I think it's to Hartford for him for another season to improve and further establish himself.
Del Zotto is not allowed to play in the AHL.

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Cermi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Come on.
I'm not saying now. But in the sense, that the defensive partner is the more talented and more dominant.

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Chimp

Total BS on the Avery call. Not only was the puck already in the net before Avery made contact, but it also looked like he threw himself forward and lost balance because he tried to stretch out to tip in the puck.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
Yup, its all or nothing when they are this Age. He can have 9 pro games before going back to London if that is what they decide to do, or he stays on the roster the whole season

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:16 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Yea you know, I thought we were talking about Alex Ovechkin over here.

Then I realized its just Enver Lisin!

Someone said he's not Zherdev. Of course, because he's worse. Nowhere near the talent level of Z.

I've tried not to inject myself into the whole Lisin debate, but I'll add my 2 cents.

One side is really overhyping Lisin and has been since the day he was traded. The other side is getting pissed off with the constant overhyping. Both sides are getting so fed up with it all that they are probably no longer able to see the situation objectively.

Lisin looked fine, certainly deserving to be in consideration for a forward spot on the team. Will he be this amazing goalscorer that everyone makes him out to be? Maybe, I hope so for the Rangers' sake. Will he be a huge bust who can't finish to save his life? Maybe, I hope not.

I have a feeling Lisin will make the team. Top 9 forward? Not so sure. If Torts likes what he sees from Lisin, he will definitely give him an opportunity to play. Even if Lisin starts a game on the 4th line, Torts can shuffle the lines during the game to give Lisin more playing time if Lisin is playing a good game or someone else in the Top 9 is dogging it.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Sorry to be so blunt, but if you would rather have Lisin in the lineup than Avery, you havent been watching or you just cant evaluate players that well.

Lisin is a positional nightmare out there. It doesnt matter how much skill the guy has if he isnt in the right areas to use it. Avery was one of the best players on the ice on several occasions last season including the playoffs, despite his other shortcomings.

But if thats how you would build a team, thats cool.

Thats is such a ridiculous statement judging by the 2 games we have seen...

He has looked pretty decent. Not amazing, but certainly not terrible either

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Thats is such a ridiculous statement judging by the 2 games we have seen...

He has looked pretty decent. Not amazing, but certainly not terrible either
glad someone else called him out on that statement.

Old
09-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
glad someone else called him out on that statement.
Pot
Kettle
Black

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:45 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Total BS on the Avery call. Not only was the puck already in the net before Avery made contact, but it also looked like he threw himself forward and lost balance because he tried to stretch out to tip in the puck.
So true. Avery can't as much as ****ing sneeze on a goaltender anymore without being called for it. Any other other player, even an agitator, and that goal would have stood. I don't like it at all. He's going to get called for his fair share of idiotic things that he does, but don't penalize him when he didn't do anything wrong. It's ridiculous

By the way, if it was Avery and not Jokinen that grazed Marty in the playoffs last season there is NO WAY he would have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Pot
Kettle
Black
so ill consider you among those who agree lisin was a "positional nightmare" for both of those games.

slowly, the tide of opinion is beginning to turn.

eventually, you and a few others will be left clinging to whatever there is left to prove your point about lisins lack of talent.

Old
09-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
so ill consider you among those that agree lisin was a "positional nightmare" for both of those games.

eventually, you and a few others will be left clinging to whatever there is left to prove your point about lisins lack of talent.
I don't think anyone is questioning Lisin's talent here, people are just fed up with the over hyping especially when all these so called "Lisin experts" say he's the Russian Gretzky when they've seen him play maybe a game or 2. This is why I hate the Mets, every call up is a hall of famer, Daniel Murphy went from Tony Gwynn to Donnie Baseball to flat out sucks. The over hyping is my point.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
so ill consider you among those who agree lisin was a "positional nightmare" for both of those games.

I don't agree with his statement, neither one of you are saying it like it is, just extremes that don't define what the kids play has been like so far.

Look in the mirror when you point out people going to extremes, thats all I was saying.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

BUTTERY

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He hasnt scored more than 15 in any season, and that was a year he had 237 PIM. How many of those were minors that the opponent scored on? Id imagine pretty damn close to 15.

It irks me that he is blocking potentially a player like Lisin or Grachev that could be much more productive.
and what about the penalties he draws?

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 01:10 AM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
I was actually caught up on that and didn't know why.. but assumed it was the AHL anyway. Can someone explain as to why he can't?

RyanBozak is offline   Reply With Quote