HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Beat the Cats 3-2

Old
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
Am I the only one that feels Lapierre/Latendresse need to fight once in a while in order to avoid cheapshots that will get someone injured?
I think it's completely unnecessary, especially since they were laying out perfectly legal hits. Besides the debate on the usefulness of fighting, if Phaneuf can avoid fighting over a charging elbow, I don't see why they'd have to fight over tough forechecking.

I think that the Panthers were more frustrated about being run out of the rink at that point than about the dynamic duo's hitting anyway.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Habitants

article from gazette =: O'byrne took boxing lessons this summer? thats cool! look forward to him kicking som Ass LOL

also Camm with an 'A' who else had Alternate captains?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-18-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
also Camm with an 'A' who else had Alternate captains?
Gomez Cammy and Markov.

I wonder who'll wear a letter tonight

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Gomez Cammy and Markov.

I wonder who'll wear a letter tonight
Plekanec, Gionta, Mara?

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Rumour has it he ordered a poutine earlier this week, which is good enough for me.

Good to see you OJ, it's been awhile.
Good enough for me too.

Yeah, has been a while. Things were slow around here after draft day, and I was living in Osaka with no internet for 3 weeks (yeah, how is THAT possible? I know...) before moving back here to Nova Scotia this month. Then I was dealing with all that moving crap, waiting for my computer to get here while it took over a month on a really, really, really slow boat apparently. In any event, not so glad to be back EXCEPT for the fact that I no longer rely on sketchy internet feeds and skipping classes I am supposed to teach in order to watch Les Habitants "live". Konnichiwa, and arigatou NHL Network and Centre Ice... where have you been the last 5 years of my life??

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
Not sure what happened to A. Kostitsyn. He took a hit really early in the game and it looked like his wrist was injured. He came back after being hunched over on the bench for a few minutes. Unfortunately, he was almost invisible for the rest of the game, barring the one pass to Cammy.

Something just wasn't right with Kostitsyn after he almost got injured. He looked so disinterested, he was the slowest on the line and was unable to protect the puck when pressured. Hopefully tonight was the bump in the road and not the status quo. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Martin will be able to do with him.
thats enough to convince me to not take him in my hockey pool this year and that he will be dumped out of the first line quickly enough if he cant fellow the pace of Cam and Gomez.. its becoming a really sad story the one of A.Kost, picked #10 in one of the best draft ever.. The kid has amazing skills but just cant get out from his coma, obviously jacques martin has alot of work to do to get him on the right track.. the good news id that Martin is an excellent teacher, so there is still hope..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-18-2009 at 12:51 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
thats enough to convince me to not take him in my hockey pool this year and that he will be dumped out of the first line quickly enough if he cant fellow the pace of Cam and Gomez.. its becoming a really sad story the one of A.Kost, picked #10 in one of the best draft ever.. The kid has amazing skills but just cant get out from his coma, obviously jacques martin has alot of work to do to get him on the right track.. the good news id that Martin is an excellent teacher, so there is still hope..
i think andrei was hit near the eye early in the game, that may have rattled him a bit. he was definitely a step behind his linemates afterwards.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 04:28 PM
HackandLube

When on the Flames, Cammelleri was very well spoken and he never speaks ill of anybody or past teams or says anything not thought out well first to the media.

This is where the "La première étoile" thing came from, his dad used to say it a lot even though they were Leaf fans I think.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs...rticle1292959/

HackandLube is offline   Reply With Quote