HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Sens 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2009, 09:32 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Don't worry about Mara guys. I think he was just nervous tonight, and a bit rusty. He's a solid D.

As for Gill, I didn't think he was that bad. He's a good 3rd pairing guy for will play the PK.
I thought Gill was very shaky at first but as the game went on he was making solid plays. Mara seemed rusty but I like the game he plays, always cross checking and pushing people away from the net

Old
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
I agree that nobody stood out as bad.

Let's take it one game at a time, but I'd really like yo see Neilson play another preseason game. From what I heard on JM's press conference comments, it seems like he might.
That would be great

He was certainly one of the most entertaining aspects of the game tonight. Whether or not he can stand on his own in a regular season is another question entirely, but for straight up preseason entertainment Neilson is a gift from god.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Gio

Love the work by Max pac,great hustle out there tonight

Pleks showed some great flashes of 2 years ago,I really think he will rebound and you see that there is a little chemistry there with Gio

Mara not that bad,I found him a little slow at the end of the game,maybe a little rusty and out of shape but overall not bad

Gill played great and doesn't look like the same player that played for Boston or Toronto way back

Maxwell played really well,very patient with the puck and that's great,had a great rush up ice late in the 3rd and made the Ottawa D look like a pee wee

That kid Nielson is da man!That's the way you do it Georges!

Metro played well,gonna be hard for Chipchura to get a spot on this team

Old
09-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
That would be great

He was certainly one of the most entertaining aspects of the game tonight. Whether or not he can stand on his own in a regular season is another question entirely, but for straight up preseason entertainment Neilson is a gift from god.
The role of an enforcer is pretty much to fight and then to not do anything stupid when you aren't fighting.

I'd say that this game, Neilson did that.

I'm worried that if he does play in another game, and is a bit quieter, that people will be disappointed in him. He only has 1 NHL game in his career for a reason. That being said, it was really fun to watch him, and it seems like he had a good time also.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I thought Gill was very shaky at first but as the game went on he was making solid plays. Mara seemed rusty but I like the game he plays, always cross checking and pushing people away from the net
No joke though and I know it's only pre season but see you a little difference then in past years with our bigger D now,players don't try as hard to push or hack our goalies after the whistle.Good some respect is what is needed

Old
09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Everyone is freaking out over Nielson, lol.

It was 1 game people.

Greg Stewart did something similar in the last game of 2007-08, to the point of people wanting him in the playoff lineup, and now most want him off the team.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

It was 1 game people.

Greg Stewart did something similar in the last game of 2007-08, to the point where people wanting him in the playoff lineup, and now most want him off the team.
Difference is that by looking at both guys' history, Nielsen has more in him to do that in a regular basis. Not that Stewart never did that, but Nielsen has that good craziness that Stewart doesn't have.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
wow Michel Langevin laying the SMACKDOWN on Montreal media on l'antichambre....

He said that the media is slowly realizing that they are hurting the team by constantly talking about ridiculous rumours and off ice crap... Michel Bergeron's answer: "What are you talking about??" hahaha nice
Yet he starts the show talking again about Laraque

Old
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
neilsonftw

hey guys, first time posting here.

Pleks and Gionta were awesome tonight, but I think Pacioretty needs some more time with the dogs before making it in the nhl.

Metro was pretty solid too, and I was really impressed by maxwell's play : he looks smooth out there.

Also, I have a mancrush on neilson, that guy is a BEAST!

On defense, Weber was surprisingly good defensively. Gill and Mara looked bad at times but I'm not too worried about that, everyone is gonna turn better when Markov and his awesomeness are gonna be back

Great job by both goalies too, they kept us in the game most of the times until the thirs period.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos View Post
I can't believe we won that game, with the lineup we had.
Does anyone know the shots number?
mtl - 30
ott - 27

Old
09-18-2009, 09:43 PM

Does anyone know Neilson's real weight? He's listed at 6'1" 201 but that's probably outdated. The guy fights heavyweights in the AHL.

Old
lillypad33

Wow...
The entire D looked really off.
Belle was absolutely horrible. Gill pulled a Komisarek and threw the puck out to the other team for a huge chance.
Mara couldn't clear the puck for the life of him ( but he was playing with Belle too )
I thought that Carle showed some nice poise while with the puck.
Weber didn't have the strongest of games.

Maxwell's most impressive play in my opinion was when he got back to cover up when one of the D pinched. Very nice job without a second thought.

Neilson is an energy player. I wonder if he could do that for 82 games. Would be nice to see Laraque and Stewart play like that.

Conboy proved that he doesn't have what it takes to be an NHL heavyweight. He'll be a Begin or Moen player at best.

Speaking of Moen, he was ok out there and seems like he has a heck of a nose for the puck. Would be nice to see some big hits though....

I would like to see Pleks/Patches and Gionta against a real D pairing... I guess it will come soon enough. Gionta's shot was a real rocket though...

Old
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Gionta and Plekanec played pretty well tonight. We're going to love Gionta. Always gives it 100% and he's rubbing off on Plekanec.

I was impressed with Maxwell tonight as well.
Plekanec ALWAYS gives his best. He just doesn't always use it effectively. Gionta helps him do that. I think they'll be good together. Martin's a smart cookie.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Wow.... I'm starting to think that Nielson would be better than Stewart! He's an INCREDIBLE fighter, he hits like a train and he gets under people's skin!

Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen
Nielson-Metropolit-Laraque

Old
09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsonftw View Post
hey guys, first time posting here.

Pleks and Gionta were awesome tonight, but I think Pacioretty needs some more time with the dogs before making it in the nhl.

Metro was pretty solid too, and I was really impressed by maxwell's play : he looks smooth out there.

Also, I have a mancrush on neilson, that guy is a BEAST!

On defense, Weber was surprisingly good defensively. Gill and Mara looked bad at times but I'm not too worried about that, everyone is gonna turn better when Markov and his awesomeness are gonna be back

Great job by both goalies too, they kept us in the game most of the times until the thirs period.
Really? I think we're all shocked.

Welcome to the Habs board.

09-18-2009, 09:45 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No joke though and I know it's only pre season but see you a little difference then in past years with our bigger D now,players don't try as hard to push or hack our goalies after the whistle.Good some respect is what is needed
Also we don't have Komisarek to push guys ON TOP of our goalies after the whistle now.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:49 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
agree ,he's really good on the board but when he have to play in the middle of the O-zone he's not that good. Way behind D'ags and Sergei. Lats was like him two years ago but now he's better but IMO too slow to play with Gionta and Plek.

I really want to see D'ags and Sergei try on the second line in pre season
I agree as well and I must say lately that a lot of the stuff Marc says I've been pretty much in full agreeance with.

I'm honestly wondering where Sergei will be this year.... there is an awful lot of suprising talent this year. Our young guys really seem to be coming along, I'd like to see how Sergei plays before I judge, but they aren't making it easy for him.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Wow.... I'm starting to think that Nielson would be better than Stewart! He's an INCREDIBLE fighter, he hits like a train and he gets under people's skin!

Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen
Nielson-Metropolit-Laraque
What fight were you watching? Nielson isn't that great a fighter, just an awesome punching bag who always goes for the takedown.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
howie44

You people all over this neilson bandwagon clearly have no clue about hockey. Have any of you even skated? the guy fought three fights none defending teammates all just for the sake of fighting he can't skate at an nhl level and there is a reason that in three more professional seasons than stewart , nielson has managed to play one game in the NHL because he is a career AHL fighter that is all. We already have one guy who can't skate or do anything but be a sideshow fighter his name is laraque. Stewart is one of the faster skaters out there and leads the team in hits almost every game he plays and fights when it is needed to boost the team or defend someone like with ott last year.

Old
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
MarkovsKnee

Hey, good news. We finally won a game without Markov.

Old
09-18-2009, 10:06 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie44 View Post
You people all over this neilson bandwagon clearly have no clue about hockey. Have any of you even skated? the guy fought three fights none defending teammates all just for the sake of fighting he can't skate at an nhl level and there is a reason that in three more professional seasons than stewart , nielson has managed to play one game in the NHL because he is a career AHL fighter that is all. We already have one guy who can't skate or do anything but be a sideshow fighter his name is laraque. Stewart is one of the faster skaters out there and leads the team in hits almost every game he plays and fights when it is needed to boost the team or defend someone like with ott last year.
Haha... oh boy, now we have Neilson bashers even. Always some people gotta try and bring the mood down. I understand your arguments but the sane fans are just happy to have been entertained by Neilson tonight. He was one of the more exciting aspects of an otherwise not so exciting game (the 3rd was much better...). Rational fans realize that and just want to see him back for another preseason game to have some more fun. I think he earned that for sure for being fearless and standing tall.

As a self-proclaimed rational fan I would never pencil him into the starting line up based on a few fights in a preseason game, but i would never try to say he wasn't entertaining or deserving of our kudos either. If Neilson didn't exceed or at least meet your expectations of him tonight then you have problems with your expectations IMO.

Old
09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

It was 1 game people.

Greg Stewart did something similar in the last game of 2007-08, to the point of people wanting him in the playoff lineup, and now most want him off the team.
i think that applies to basically every player. It was the first real action for these guys and people are making judgments. Mara and Gill this, Pacioretty that.

Some of these comments are ridiculous. I can't believe some people are using this sole game as a basis for the future and that it has any sort of bearing.

Old
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Belle and Weber were very solid on D tonight, very impressive. Gionta is going to be a fan favourite and that Neilson played a hell of a game. Wyman and Conboy can very well become future bottom six liners, the were really good. Slow start to the game, but we finished strong. Just imagine putting together the fast starting team of last night and the strong ending team like tonight.

Old
09-18-2009, 10:10 PM
CPrice

Found one of the fights on YT. Gotta love the haymaker at the end.

Old
09-18-2009, 10:11 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Belle and Weber were very solid on D tonight, very impressive. Gionta is going to be a fan favourite and that Neilson played a hell of a game. Wyman and Conboy can very well become future bottom six liners, the were really good. Slow start to the game, but we finished strong. Just imagine putting together the fast starting team of last night and the strong ending team like tonight.
Heh, Gomez-Cammy-Kosty can start the game and pot a few and then Pleks line can take over and knock a few goals in to the end the game. I'll take that.

Closed Thread