HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

9/18 - 7:30PM - Tampa Bay VS Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2009, 09:52 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
i couldn't help it. i got pic taken with 2 of em waiting outside for the gates to open. say what you want, but I find all of those chicks hot.
post it

Old
09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
CSampson

Another 27 minute night for Hedman. Wow.

Old
09-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Trade Smith make Tic the starter!

09-18-2009, 11:57 PM
gobolt7

Before I get to far ahead of myself, their goalie played his ass off, if it was not for him, that game is over 10 minutes into the first.

As far as our guys go, I thought Ashton looked ok, he did not really look out of place, but I also thought Veilleux looked good on that line. Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out as the trip begins, we have gone 4 days without Downie getting a shift on that wing in any capacity. That seems a bit odd, and no one really can get a feel for what the plan is there. I really am starting to believe that Ashton may force their hand if he has a good road trip.

For two guys that are bubble, and not even on the bubble players, I thought Kraijeck and Lundin were god awful. That decision is close to being made, in my opinion.

Hedman, for the first time that I have been watching him, really looked gassed at the end of the game. Not sure its the best idea to be giving him 27 minutes a game consistanly if we want him in alive and well in April. Could be wrong, we will see.

Smith looked solid, expecially when he really go tested in the 2nd. When he dropped the puck and shot it down the ice on the powerplay, that was the first sign to me that if he is not 100%, he is at least really close. Tokarski looked solid as well. If the goaltenders continue to play well, there is going to be a logjam and we will be a goalie heavy in the organization.

Old
09-18-2009, 11:59 PM
gobolt7

Oh, and I think Amanda is great.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:26 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Before I get to far ahead of myself, their goalie played his ass off, if it was not for him, that game is over 10 minutes into the first.

As far as our guys go, I thought Ashton looked ok, he did not really look out of place, but I also thought Veilleux looked good on that line. Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out as the trip begins, we have gone 4 days without Downie getting a shift on that wing in any capacity. That seems a bit odd, and no one really can get a feel for what the plan is there. I really am starting to believe that Ashton may force their hand if he has a good road trip.

For two guys that are bubble, and not even on the bubble players, I thought Kraijeck and Lundin were god awful. That decision is close to being made, in my opinion.

Hedman, for the first time that I have been watching him, really looked gassed at the end of the game. Not sure its the best idea to be giving him 27 minutes a game consistanly if we want him in alive and well in April. Could be wrong, we will see.

Smith looked solid, expecially when he really go tested in the 2nd. When he dropped the puck and shot it down the ice on the powerplay, that was the first sign to me that if he is not 100%, he is at least really close. Tokarski looked solid as well. If the goaltenders continue to play well, there is going to be a logjam and we will be a goalie heavy in the organization.
How did Foster look?

Old
09-19-2009, 01:22 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Oh, and I think Amanda is great.
Okay

Old
09-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
How did Foster look?
I thought personally he played pretty damn well, probably our best defensemen tonight.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:10 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Well had an excellent time at the game last night, for a preseason game it was incredibly exciting, the friend I went with had never been to a hockey game before, and really enjoyed it. I'm a terrible scout so I'll say Lecavalier, St. Louis, Stamkos, and Hedman stuck out the most. Jones had a couple of plays that caught my attention. Chewy I didn't notice much, but had a couple of nice plays.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I don't know any of the names, whos Amanda?

Old
09-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
I don't know any of the names, whos Amanda?
One of the hosts.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
gobolt7

Foster has a hell of a shot, I really didnt realize he could shoot it as hard as he does. We have got some guys that can bring it from the point this year.

Old
09-19-2009, 09:18 AM
BRichards19

What a game! I had a voucher (along with 10000 others) to get into this game and the lady outside gave me 4 Plaza level tickets. 122 Row D! Definitely lucked out there. Got on the jumbotron at least 4 times because the cameraman stands right at the zam tunnel.

As for the game, Foster punched his ticket for a spot on this team. He played extremely well- had that huge shot for the assist on the Malone goal and threw some big-time hits behind his own net. Panik also played very well. He was a major steal at the draft for us. Tokarski looked excellent. No doubt one of the highlights of the night was his breakaway stop in OT!

Old
09-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Maria

I was a vey fun game, Konokpa got his butt kicked and very bloody face, Victor looked a little tentative at times, Vinny showed a little frustration on a power play at the second period, but he still has chemistry with Marty, the ot goal was beautiful

The rain at the end of the game sucked

Old
09-19-2009, 09:59 AM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I'm worried about 2 things this year:

Hedman was struggling with his offensive game last night. He couldn't make break-out passes and I'm not sure he's going to be an offensive force this season. Maybe that's nothing new to you guys, but I was under the impression that he was an offensive or two-way defenseman.

The second period. What is wrong with this team? They stopped shooting and were the same team as last year.

However, there is some good news. Lecavalier's slap shot was a blast! I think his shoulder is 100% healed. Foster should make the team. Tokarski was great - very poised and calm out there.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Sear91

Fairly decent game. I thought we should have dominated this squad, and we didn't. I found a few things out with this game.

- Foster and Ohlund have KILLER shots. I would stay clear of them if I was on the defense.

- Hedman needs to work on his passes like fcp said. He seemed sound in terms of positioning, but he has things to work on. Didnt stand out in my opinion, but it was only his 2nd game.

- Vinny needs to shoot the puck and not worry about being a playmaker. He let out some absolute rockets though, which is a very good sign.

Overall a decent game, but like I said, we were playing the Atlanta kids and we should have taken it to them with the lineup we had out there.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:35 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Any highlights anywhere online or was there no camera running at all?

Closed Thread