HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk

Old
09-12-2009, 03:16 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
Brassard and Voracek will get used there before Filatov does. Both Brassard and Voracek played there in juniors. Maybe in 2-3 years he'll get a look there, but right now I'd rather have him along the wall. And I'm not sure if he has the passing or the strength/shot to be effective from the point.
Im just saying it because Filatov is right handed

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Im just saying it because Filatov is right handed
Good point. If we try Peca on the point just because he's a right shot, Filatov has to be an upgrade.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 04:46 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
Brassard and Voracek will get used there before Filatov does. Both Brassard and Voracek played there in juniors. Maybe in 2-3 years he'll get a look there, but right now I'd rather have him along the wall. And I'm not sure if he has the passing or the strength/shot to be effective from the point.
Yeah but Filatov has a much better shot than either player, plus right handed.

jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes1 View Post
Yeah but Filatov has a much better shot than either player, plus right handed.
I'm not sure if he's ever played it before though. It's not something you can learn overnight, and Jake and Brass at least have experience there. Plus I think Filatov's hands and creativity are better suited on the half wall.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:42 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Babchuk close to being dealt

http://twitter.com/*************

Old
09-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Babchuk close to being dealt

http://twitter.com/*************
Is this the 2nd or 3rd time that source has said he'll be dealt soon?

09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Rumor says Nashville. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=682333

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Is this the 2nd or 3rd time that source has said he'll be dealt soon?
Second, But he was the first to call the Hossa sign to Chicago, Heatley to SJ, Kessel to the Leafs

So yeah I trust this source.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:40 PM
letsgojackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
That would seem strange to me. Nashville has a pretty strong D. I would believe this if they had gotten Kessel and gave up someone.

All this said, I am still for GMSH going for this.

letsgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 03:48 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

I don't think we will get him, but I want him

Old
09-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Casework

Quote:
Second, But he was the first to call the Hossa sign to Chicago, Heatley to SJ, Kessel to the Leafs

So yeah I trust this source.
Yeah.. although the whole anonymous stuff makes everything seem sketchy, ************* is as legit as you can get without being someone from TSN. They've broken many trades and signings, and on their website they track their accuracy and last I checked are over 80% correct.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Looks like he signed in Russia.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:13 AM
CBJfan4evr

Hard to tell from preaseason but from what I've read our PP doesn't sound like it's improved much. Our D really seems to svck to the point that Moore looks like an option.
I'm not an evaluator of talent; but the note below from Spector leaves me scratching my head. Here's a big right handed offensive D-man with a cannon for a shot who scored 16 goals last season. Is his D and attitude really that bad? Based on the post below and what I've read elsewhere it seems he could be had for 2nd rnd pick at this point. What say all?

RDS.CA: reports former Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Anton Babchuk was about to agree to a contract with Avangard Omsk of Russia's Kontinental Hockey League. Babchuk, a restricted free agent, has refused a one-year, $1 million contract offer from the Hurricanes, who are trying to trade him.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Evidently there can't be much of a market for Babchuk so it would appear he's heading for Russia this season.

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:26 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Mother Russia it is: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=682770

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr View Post
Hard to tell from preaseason but from what I've read our PP doesn't sound like it's improved much. Our D really seems to svck to the point that Moore looks like an option.
I'm not an evaluator of talent; but the note below from Spector leaves me scratching my head. Here's a big right handed offensive D-man with a cannon for a shot who scored 16 goals last season. Is his D and attitude really that bad? Based on the post below and what I've read elsewhere it seems he could be had for 2nd rnd pick at this point. What say all?

RDS.CA: reports former Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Anton Babchuk was about to agree to a contract with Avangard Omsk of Russia's Kontinental Hockey League. Babchuk, a restricted free agent, has refused a one-year, $1 million contract offer from the Hurricanes, who are trying to trade him.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Evidently there can't be much of a market for Babchuk so it would appear he's heading for Russia this season.
How can we tell if something is improved or not when our NHL'ers aren't all playing in the same games?

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Hmmm, so you are deducing that from 3 preseason games (that you likely didn't even watch), one of which we went 2 for 4 on the pp and without our full time NHL lineup?

I am not saying Moore isn't a good player or that Babchuck wouldn't help us, but let's not get carried away about our judgments re: the pp one way or the other. I am guessing that we didn't get Babchuk for a myriad of reasons, but $$ might likely be the biggest.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
CBJfan4evr

That's why I said "hard to tell". I only know what I read on the boards and Dispatch. Sounded like we did well in Pittsburgh and svcked in the other two. Personnel obviously is big. The heart of my point is missed. We've got a need and have failed to address it. Babchuk looks to be a reasonable alternative. Quite a few fans share this thought. If not Babchuk then who?

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:36 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
That's why I said "hard to tell". I only know what I read on the boards and Dispatch. Sounded like we did well in Pittsburgh and svcked in the other two. Personnel obviously is big. The heart of my point is missed. We've got a need and have failed to address it. Babchuk looks to be a reasonable alternative. Quite a few fans share this thought. If not Babchuk then who?
There are many out there that would help us, it wouldn't take THAT much of an upgrade to improve on what we have. Like I said, Babchuk's shot would have helped for sure, but this is a guy who was also benched in the playoffs. They have to have a reason or two to have not gone after him. Perhaps they are waiting for potential waiver pickups or have a few irons in the fire?

I know the staff has worked tirelessly to alter our pp setup, and with Brassard on the point, let's see where it goes before we start drawing conclusions based on a few pre-season games.

Do we need someone to help us? I have been saying that all along, but I am not ready to cry fail yet.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote