HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PS #3 - 09.18.09 | NY Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
glees68
la di da di

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to glees68
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Very well said all around.

Are Grachev/MDZ "good enough" to make the team? Yes.
Will they make the team? I doubt it.
MDZ has a better chance to make the team over Grachev this year because he fills our needs for an offensive d-man.

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I'm a big Grachev fan and feel that he could make the team but most likely won't for his own sake. He needs a year of seasoning in the AHL in my eyes.

Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Kotalik-Anisimov-Lisin
Brashear-Boyle-Voros

Possibly a line of Lisin-Anisimov-Gaborik. If or when Dubinsky returns things will change a bit but I don't see how any of those forwards don't make the team. I can also see Kotalik on the 2nd and Avery on the 3rd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 11:56 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
I'm a big Grachev fan and feel that he could make the team but most likely won't for his own sake. He needs a year of seasoning in the AHL in my eyes.

Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Kotalik-Anisimov-Lisin
Brashear-Boyle-Voros

Possibly a line of Lisin-Anisimov-Gaborik. If or when Dubinsky returns things will change a bit but I don't see how any of those forwards don't make the team. I can also see Kotalik on the 2nd and Avery on the 3rd.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'll take Parenteau over Voros. If Dubinsky comes back then I think you'll see Lisin being cut. I doubt he'll be playing on the 4th line.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I'll take Parenteau over Voros. If Dubinsky comes back then I think you'll see Lisin being cut. I doubt he'll be playing on the 4th line.
Parenteau over Voros and then cut Lisin? How does that makes sense?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:02 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Parenteau over Voros and then cut Lisin? How does that makes sense?
I'm not saying to cut Lisin. I'm saying if Dubinsky comes back, I doubt they'll be putting Lisin on the 4th line as he's not that type of player.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
I'm not saying to cut Lisin. I'm saying if Dubinsky comes back, I doubt they'll be putting Lisin on the 4th line as he's not that type of player.
But Parenteau is? I think I'm still misunderstanding what you're saying.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
benneyb

Late chiming in here, but My God, Redden and Rozsival were just pathetic. You apologists can make yourselves feel better with excuses that its just pre-season etc., but its a level playing field, the same for everyone, and they have just sucked in each game they've played. Last night, EVERY rookie outplayed each of them - they only outplayed Semenov in my book. I'm terrified with the thought of those two slugs being mainstays on our defense this year. Indecisive, slow, soft and passive, poor passing - just awful.

On the positive side, we have managed to rectify the "Rangers = Small" characteristic, at least with some young players hopefully coming up to the NHL in the near future - ex. Boyle. That 4th line pretty much dominated with the forecheck while they played. Grachev - 6'4" 220, AA - 6'2 ~200, etc.

Our young defense - wow, color me impressed. I see all of Gilroy, DZ, Sangs (liked him alot last night), Heikkenen, as NHL players. Can probably add Sauer and Potter to that list. And we still haven't seen McDonough at all yet. The future is certainly bright on the backend.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post

Our young defense - wow, color me impressed. I see all of Gilroy, DZ, Sangs (liked him alot last night), Heikkenen, as NHL players. Can probably add Sauer and Potter to that list. And we still haven't seen McDonough at all yet. The future is certainly bright on the backend.
Yep. Something I've been thinking about is trade deadline. We now have the pieces, depth, and as a result ability to handle one monster trade. That's going to be real helpful to be able to bring in someone real talented alongside Gaborik.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
PAP hasn't impressed me much and that 4th line played awesome last night. I am not a Voros fan either but you gotta stick with what works, as for Lisin you could be right but I hope they make room for him. Not sure who they could move though. Glen signed too many forwards, we don't need Kotalik.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
PAP hasn't impressed me much and that 4th line played awesome last night. I am not a Voros fan either but you gotta stick with what works, as for Lisin you could be right but I hope they make room for him. Not sure who they could move though. Glen signed too many forwards, we don't need Kotalik.
Posted via Mobile Device
The thing with that is we've been down that road before. It worked for what 10 games? Not sure I want to risk that happening again.

It's not that big of a deal though. As it'd be very easy to substitute someone in from HFD, trade, or waivers.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
The thing with that is we've been down that road before. It worked for what 10 games? Not sure I want to risk that happening again.

It's not that big of a deal though. As it'd be very easy to substitute someone in from HFD, trade, or waivers.
True however he had a more demanding role last year, I think he would be capable of playing 5 minutes a game without hurting the team unless he takes bad penalties. Basically all I am saying is I like what I saw from that 4th line yesterday and wouldn't be opposed to seeing it all season IF they play smart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-19-2009, 10:11 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

I know Im a little late but I went to this game last night. Great game until they threw in the younger guys, it just got ugly after that.

Detroit fans were all pretty cool, at the least the ones I talked with. A lot of them expressed that they wanted to see a detroit new york cup more than anything.

Got really good seats behind the rangers bench, the beginning of the third period Gordie Howe came and sat about 10 seats to the left of us for almost the whole period. People swarmed him, even during play.

We looked pretty good through the first. The Anisimov goal was a great start, but Zaba looked completely lost in net and flustered at best throughout.

FYI. I could see where wearing an oposing teams jersey to the Joe could be detrimental to your health. I was lucky it was pre-season, I only caught a few hecklers.

Edit: If you check out the abdilkader goal on the tsn link you will see a guy in a rangers jersey in the top left corner: Thats me:
http://img360.imageshack.us/i/88186967.jpg/

lol.

Last edited by HockeyStickHomicide: 09-19-2009 at 10:32 PM.
HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote