HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winners !

Old
09-19-2009, 07:34 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Winners !

This is a pretty simple post. The difference between last years and ( last 10 years ) teams and this years is, the players we acquired are WINNERS, and this makes a huge difference when playing the game because winners are usually luck also.

"Le nouveau numéro 21 du Tricolore a vu son tir initial frappé le poteau mais qui a par la suite dévié pour se retrouver dans le filet."

"It says that Gionta shot hit the post then deflected in the net"

Higgins hits the post and well, he hits the post. Same for the other players that left, Montreal finally has winners, and players that want to win as a team.

With this i congratulate BG on a job well done.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 08:18 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
This is a pretty simple post. The difference between last years and ( last 10 years ) teams and this years is, the players we acquired are WINNERS, and this makes a huge difference when playing the game because winners are usually luck also.

"Le nouveau numéro 21 du Tricolore a vu son tir initial frappé le poteau mais qui a par la suite dévié pour se retrouver dans le filet."

Higgins hits the post and well, he hits the post. Same for the other players that left, Montreal finally has winners, and players that want to win as a team.

The inconsistency continues, however. Thursday night, Gionta was as invisible as Louis Leblanc.

Last night, Gomez and Cammalleri did absolutely nothing. In fact, Glen Metropolit and even Ben Maxwell made MUCH more of an impact than the two multi-millionaires.

Year after year, it's very frustrating to watch a team where the top players continue to take nights off. In the past it was Kovalev, Georges Laraque and Pierre Larouche. Now it's Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 09-19-2009 at 08:36 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
The inconsistency continues, however. Thursday night, Gionta was as invisible as Louis Leblanc.

Last night, Gomez and Cammalleri did absolutely nothing. In fact, Glen Metropolit and even Ben Maxwell made MUCH more of an impact than the two multi-millionaires.

Year after year, it's very frustrating to watch a team where the top players continue to take nights off. In the past it was Kovalev and Pierre Larouche. Now it's Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri.
In all accounts of the game that I read, Cammalleri and Gomez played and didn't take the night off.....certainly not Cammalleri.

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 09:21 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Year after year, it's very frustrating to watch a team where the top players continue to take nights off. In the past it was Kovalev, Georges Laraque and Pierre Larouche. Now it's Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri.
Sarcasm is indeed a wonderful device when wielded by articulate writers who know their subject matter and audience....

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Honestly.....I would wait a couple of regular season games to start threads like that. I mean, there has to be a difference between threads that we start in the preseason, regular season and playoffs. 'Cause if you believe already all of that, well it seems to me that Toronto will finish 1st in their division and that all of their prospects are better than ours.....(which in some cases, might be surprising for some people...)

So it's just preseason. We can totally like what we are seeing. But we need to be careful about premature statements.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 09:37 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Honestly.....I would wait a couple of regular season games to start threads like that. I mean, there has to be a difference between threads that we start in the preseason, regular season and playoffs. 'Cause if you believe already all of that, well it seems to me that Toronto will finish 1st in their division and that all of their prospects are better than ours.....(which in some cases, might be surprising for some people...)

So it's just preseason. We can totally like what we are seeing. But we need to be careful about premature statements.
WS, i never said we will win our 25th cup ! Nor do i believe we will, but i do know having watched these players with their previous teams that they are players that play, we got so use to seeing players like Kovy and many others who played when they felt like it. Winners play every game because they hate LOSING ! I have a great feeling about the players BG put together here, and no one for NOW will take that away.

Old
09-19-2009, 10:23 AM
RE-HABS

I have to say that the expressions on the players faces new and old look a lot happier and enthusiastic than those of previous years.

The new players a genuinely happy to be here, and the players that have remained are happy with the changes and have said they see a new direction and positive vibe within the dressing room.

Hopefully bodes well for the year and carries over onto the ice.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I have to say that the expressions on the players faces new and old look a lot happier and enthusiastic than those of previous years.

The new players a genuinely happy to be here, and the players that have remained are happy with the changes and have said they see a new direction and positive vibe within the dressing room.

Hopefully bodes well for the year and carries over onto the ice.
That's something that is refreshing is that even the most anti-Habs journalists are saying that the room is just not the same at all. It remains to be seen how it will be after 3, 4 or 5 losses in a row but as of now, it's way more enthusiastic and clearly the room had to be changed. And this is coming from, like I said, guys who can't wait for Gainey to be wrong.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:37 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's something that is refreshing is that even the most anti-Habs journalists are saying that the room is just not the same at all. It remains to be seen how it will be after 3, 4 or 5 losses in a row but as of now, it's way more enthusiastic and clearly the room had to be changed. And this is coming from, like I said, guys who can't wait for Gainey to be wrong.
I personally don't think this will happen this year.

Old
09-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Habs

Wow, the bandwagon started early this year. Priceless 'jumping the gun' thread based on a pre-season win, classic HF post.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 11:06 AM
coolasprICE

What I think the OP is trying to imply goes beyond a lucky bounce - clearly he's watched The Secret

But I think his point is valid - having the right attitude attracts success.

There is something about Gionta's on ice disposition that feels very healthy - not the type of guy that has an ego to contend with, or distracted by off-ice fun etc..

Same thing for Pizzabagel and Taco

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
What I think the OP is trying to imply goes beyond a lucky bounce - clearly he's watched The Secret

But I think his point is valid - having the right attitude attracts success.

There is something about Gionta's on ice disposition that feels very healthy - not the type of guy that has an ego to contend with, or distracted by off-ice fun etc..

Same thing for Pizzabagel and Taco
Ding Ding we have a WINNER !

Habs ! Please go post in a thread that needs your negativity !
This is my positive thread ! Band wagon ? Great contribution !!
I am the happiest Habs fans ( no more Kovy BS, no more Higgins drama queen, no more Koivu ( big distraction with the media about the french stuff and his Captaincy being questioned) no more butter Tanguay, no more Brisebois ( enough said ) now on to the new guys with the WINNER attitude, and i am far from the typical Habs fan, i have been watching hockey since the early 70's, as most of you have been watching since the 80's.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Stradale

The positiveness of this thread is very cute.

But wait til we lose 4-5 games in a row. Wait till we see a pic of Gomez with a beer. Wait until Cammalleri going in a 4 scoreless. Believe me, the media will start finding crap and suddendly, Gomez will become overrated and overpaid. Cammalleri and Gionta is too small and again overpaid and this team leader are too small to bring this team for in the playoff.

I dont want to be negative but lets not get over excited after 2 preseason games. Things change VERY fast in Montreal. 2 wins, our players are winners, two losses, they are overrated and small.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Higgins didn't even hit the post, he either hit the emblem, or he completely ****in' missed the net.

Gionta for the open net is vintage Higgins.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post

You're the kind of person to believe in horoscopes, right?

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:13 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The positiveness of this thread is very cute.

But wait til we lose 4-5 games in a row. Wait till we see a pic of Gomez with a beer. Wait until Cammalleri going in a 4 scoreless. Believe me, the media will start finding crap and suddendly, Gomez will become overrated and overpaid. Cammalleri and Gionta is too small and again overpaid and this team leader are too small to bring this team for in the playoff.

I dont want to be negative but lets not get over excited after 2 preseason games. Things change VERY fast in Montreal. 2 wins, our players are winners, two losses, they are overrated and small.
I think your wrong. The city was sick of Kovalevian losses. Losses because of lack of effort, selfish play, bad chemistry, stupid penalties at the wrong time.... not that these things can't happen time to time, but the fans have had it with this kind of story season after season.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote