HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings - 9/19/09 - 7:30PM (Pre-Season)

Old
09-20-2009, 12:16 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That depends on how Ersberg plays from here on out. It's still tough to determine between Quick, Ersberg and Bernier.
Will he get to play a full preseason game like Quick and Bernier?

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Didn't get a chance to listen in tonight, so I'm looking forward to some nice recaps. Thanks ahead of time!

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Schenn 9 games, it would provide tremendous experience for him and a fantastic way to start an overall great development year. With all this talk of how the Kings are missing a legit #2 center, look no further, Schenn will make a big case next season.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
For those of you who have an iPhone or IPod touch, I was lamenting not being able to listen to the game at the gym tonight and realized that the app "Pocket Tunes" has KTLK 1150 as a radio choice, so I could listen to the game over the internet/AT&T's data network. Just FYI as another option for people who don't have an AM radio handy or who are out of range/state/country.

I use Pocket Tunes to tune in to XM Radio stations without having to pay the separate fee for the XM iPhone app. It's well worth the cost.

- T
Thanks for this!

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:44 AM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
That depends on how Ersberg plays from here on out. It's still tough to determine between Quick, Ersberg and Bernier.
well, i think Quick is still the main guy and he'll have more chances than the other 2 to prove he is. It's pretty much a lock that Quick will start the 1st game of the season and it'll all depend from there I guess

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:57 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Did you take those photos Puck U?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Bandit

Quote:
I doubt that has anything to do with it. Quick is going to be the starter. It makes no sense for Bernier to ride the pine in LA. He will go to Manchester to play. If something happens to Quick (injury, starts sucking), then Bernier will get called up.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Did you take those photos Puck U?
nope ... off Yahoo sports page

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
is it just me or is Bernier always playing 4-1 vs the Ducks ????
In London he was 2 times 4-1

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

I felt like Bernier wasn't challenged much tonight. Not really was anything that good by the Ducks. I thought the defenseman played well enough in front that he didn't have to make many key saves. A lot of times the Ducks established a cycle but didn't really make any progress with it.

Schenn played well enough tonight that I actually asked myself the question, is it worth having him get a taste of the NHL this season? I was surprised that I was even asking myself this. The kid looks like he could be a third/fourth line guy this season and he wouldn't miss a beat. On the other hand there is still no way he should play a full season in LA. Brandon will be in the Memorial Cup this spring, as well as most likely playing for the Canadian WJC team will be worth his time in Juniors this year.

Johnson's vision made the first Schenn goal possible. The second Schenn goal, was what I believe started by a picked off pass by I think Dustin Brown, who then fed the puck to Thomas Hickey. Hickey made an outstanding fake shot pass to Schenn who had a wide open net which actually became a four on one.

Smyth's goal started by of all things a spin move from Davis Drewiske on Teemu Selanne. It surprised the hell out of me as he made the move and passed it up the boards. After a quick relay from Kopitar to Smyth, Smyth busted down the wing and with speed beat Ryan Whitney cut in front and scored on Hiller.

Simmonds knocked out McCarthy after his first punch got McCarthy to duck his head. The second was an upper cut right to the chin.

I really liked what I saw out of Martinez, he just seemed poised with the puck and Hickey was the same way. Hickey didn't really stand out as much as I would have liked, but the pass he made on the Kings goal was tremendous.

I'm disappointed that no one at least gave Artyukin at the least a punch for his hit last year. Someone tell Raitis that he may have to fight to keep his job because late in the game Kevin Westgarth had a shift, but Ivanans was on the bench.

Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds had a shift late in the third period with 2 minutes left that was tremendous, their hard fore-check on the Ducks had them for a good amount of time stuck in their own zone when they would have liked to have been on the other end of the ice. Just a tremendous shift. I also think Clifford uses his body pretty effectively and does a good job in the corners.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post

Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds had a shift late in the third period with 2 minutes left that was tremendous, their hard fore-check on the Ducks had them for a good amount of time stuck in their own zone when they would have liked to have been on the other end of the ice. Just a tremendous shift. I also think Clifford uses his body pretty effectively and does a good job in the corners.
That's gonna be one hell of a line combination!!!!

So who would you guys rather have at #2 center: Schenn or Loktionov???

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
That's gonna be one hell of a line combination!!!!

So who would you guys rather have at #2 center: Schenn or Loktionov???
In a perfect world, or at least mine, Schenn's our 3rd line center playing the same role Jordan Staal plays for Pittsburgh.

As where Loktionov fits, I don't know.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

In regards to Kings fans debating who should be the #2 center for the future between Loktionov and Schenn, why not have the Kings roll three scoring units?

In Philly, they had three consistent lines last season that could generate offense. Carter with Hartnell and Lupul (now traded to ANA), Richards with Gagne and Knuble (also gone, to WSH) and Briere with Giroux and Powe.

Detroit also had a similar makeup with three offensively gifted lines last season. Zetterberg with Cleary and Franzen. Datsyuk with Hossa and Holmstrom. Filppula with Hudler and Samuelsson.

Boston also had similar depth with Savard centering Kessel and Lucic, Bergeron with Sturm (later Recchi after Sturm got injured) and Kobasew and Krejci with Wheeler and Ryder.

When the Sabres were deep with talent in 2007 they iced Briere, Drury, Roy and Connolly at center with Vanek, Pominville, Zubrus, Kotalik, Afinogenov, Hecht, Gaustad, Paille and Mair on the wings. Now that is a lot of depth.

The Kings can build and assemble a group of nine talented forwards with the ability to move and cycle the puck. The talent is there, now it is a matter of finding the right chemistry between the top three lines.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
In a perfect world, or at least mine, Schenn's our 3rd line center playing the same role Jordan Staal plays for Pittsburgh.
After watching him for 2 years, I think he's got way too much offense to be stuck on a 3rd line.
On draft day ppl were saying he's going to be a 2 way, 2nd line centre. I think that's underselling his offensive ability also. Look at the points he's scored in the defensive WHL. It's because he's so good defensively that people like to label him as a 2 way player.
He's scored more ppg than Duchene, and Duchene plays in the high scoring OHL.
You have the steal of the 2009 draft... I just hope we get to watch him in Brandon for 1 more year!!!!

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
In regards to Kings fans debating who should be the #2 center for the future between Loktionov and Schenn, why not have the Kings roll three scoring units?
I think it would be fun if Loktionov and Voynov make the team when Frolov is still around =P we will have our own Red Army line. I can just here Bob Miller calling a play:

"Voynov to Loktionov, he passes to Frolov - SCORE!"

That would be awesome.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:31 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Posting from 301. They look as good as they sound tonight.
Where in 301?

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Where in 301?
LOL really, I was there too, with like 9 other dudes.....(10 tickets for 29 dollars was just to good to pass up!)

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
After watching him for 2 years, I think he's got way too much offense to be stuck on a 3rd line.
On draft day ppl were saying he's going to be a 2 way, 2nd line centre. I think that's underselling his offensive ability also. Look at the points he's scored in the defensive WHL. It's because he's so good defensively that people like to label him as a 2 way player.
He's scored more ppg than Duchene, and Duchene plays in the high scoring OHL.
You have the steal of the 2009 draft... I just hope we get to watch him in Brandon for 1 more year!!!!
I like the cut of your jib.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i fink KopiSTAR should concern himself with the possibility that Schenn may be the one to emerge as the number 1 center.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote