HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Pre-Season: San Jose @ Los Angeles - 9/17/09 - 7:30PM

Old
09-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Omni Owl
♒♒▲▲▲♒♒

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Just got back from the game. Here is my take on those guys.

Loktinov looks smooth with the puck and has pretty decent poise driving into the zone. Tried a few no look passes that did not work. Didn't really have any great scoring chances that I remember, but seems to be the type of player that can make others around him better. Needs to work on face offs, he lost almost every crucial face off at the end of the game. Also took a needless penalty towards the end that should of cost us the game in regulation (cross checked from Dan Hinote driving aimlessly by himself into the corner with a Kings D man on him). I say should have cost us the game in regulation because Doughty whiffed on a clearing pass, and he and I believe Johnson dove in front of the wide open (goalie pulled) net, and the Sharks player chipped if over the open net. That should have been game, set, match. Anyway, Loki stepped up and made the beautiful pass off of a scrum along the nearside boards directly across the crease to a wide, and I mean never in NHL 10 will you get this wide open Dustin Brown, who with one quick fake put the puck in an open net. Could he play at the NHL level right now? Probably, but I really don't think there is the need to rush him at this point. The puck was poked away from him during the shootout.

Schenn also took some physical punishment out there, but what really impressed me was how defensively responsible he played. He was very solid on D, and seemed to have quite a few takeaways. Had some difficulty with the puck tonight, bounced off his stick quite a bit. Did okay on face offs early, seemed to lose all of the important ones at the end. TM really but the kids out in the pressure situations tonight. Had some decent rushes with Clifford, couldn't really get too much going. Also not a great effort on the shootout.
Much obliged good sir. I'm sure both, especially Loki, are getting a long look by the coaching staff.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
Twister, duh.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not comfortable just giving Drewiske a spot in the top 6 yet.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Everyone? Really?
He hooked me twice and I wasn't even at the game

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 09:31 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Staubitz can really throw them so it excites me to no end to have Johnson go after him and then fight a larger guy in Joslin.

edit- I retract the Joslin being a bigger guy...I was thinking of someone else. The guy isn't even a fighter...thank god he didn't go with Staubitz or else it would have been really ugly.

Last edited by BigKing: 09-18-2009 at 10:20 AM.
BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:32 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not comfortable just giving Drewiske a spot in the top 6 yet.
You're not the only one.

- T

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
WTF is up with the Kings pre-season record? They haven't had a losing pre-season since 88-89. And several years were very good at 6-1 & 7-1.

What have they been doing in the pre-season that they can't keep going during the regular season? - for 20 years!
Preseason records means nothing never has. Coaches are trying to assess players and work on systems. Maybe one of the reasons their record is so good in preseason is many Kings players feel like they have a chance to make the team and work their butts off. Where other elite teams our just getting their work in because the lineups are already set.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Staubitz can really throw them so it excites me to no end to have Johnson go after him and then fight a larger guy in Joslin.

edit- I retract the Joslin being a bigger guy...I was thinking of someone else. The guy isn't even a fighter...thank god he didn't go with Staubitz or else it would have been really ugly.
Staubitz is a ***** though...he took a run at Cliche(?) and then when he had to answer the bell he hugged up with Ivanans (who made me giggle like a schoolgirl because he IMMEDIATELY went after him) and tucked his head down.

But you're probably right. Staubitz probably would have been more than happy to go with Johnson. I'm shocked he didn't drop em with Loktionov.

Johnson may have gotten handled, but I'm proud that he took the initiative. Step one.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 09:38 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Staubitz is a ***** though...he took a run at Cliche(?) and then when he had to answer the bell he hugged up with Ivanans (who made me giggle like a schoolgirl because he IMMEDIATELY went after him) and tucked his head down.

But you're probably right. Staubitz probably would have been more than happy to go with Johnson. I'm shocked he didn't drop em with Loktionov.

Johnson may have gotten handled, but I'm proud that he took the initiative. Step one.
Staubitz went with Ivanans last season and tried to hang in for awhile. He's a MW but he has balls.

Ouch Town

BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Ollie Weeks

I thoroughly approve of the destruction of Jordin Tootoo.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 04:04 AM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Staubitz went with Ivanans last season and tried to hang in for awhile. He's a MW but he has balls.

Ouch Town
Jeez, you're right, he's only listed as 6'1", 215...he looked like a monster out there last night.

I still don't like that he went hugfest status (though that may have been Ivanans' fault too), but yeah, I'll grant him the guts to drop em without thought. I also forgot that it was him jackhammering Tootoo's face

That fight reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer is a boxer with a steel jaw.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 1527
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

Here is the entire shootout in case some missed it like I did. The girl had the final 3 minutes of the game up until the final 20 seconds =/ So she didn't post the Dustin Brown goal... Anyone had a video of that one?

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote