HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moller Assigned to Manchester / Other Prospect Moves

Old
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Frolov is as good as gone. Ivanans gets waived or traded. Clifford and Schenn both get 9 games.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Frolov is as good as gone. Ivanans gets waived or traded. Clifford and Schenn both get 9 games.
How come you say Frolov is as good as gone. Do you know something that I dont know . Because as much stuff as I hear I never hear much about Frolov.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Wondering why Gauthier could not play on the 4th line. Not sure what the knock against him is. It seems that some of these guys are drafted to certain roles (not sure what Gauthier's was) and don't cut it but why not slide them into something else. He seems like he would be capable of 4th line duties to me. Can anybody fill me in on Gaithier's story.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:43 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Wondering why Gauthier could not play on the 4th line. Not sure what the knock against him is. It seems that some of these guys are drafted to certain roles (not sure what Gauthier's was) and don't cut it but why not slide them into something else. He seems like he would be capable of 4th line duties to me. Can anybody fill me in on Gaithier's story.
I remember when the Kings first signed Gauthier he was fat as hell. And then the next year he lost a good 40 pounds atleast. And when I saw him at camp and I pointed this out to Knight of the Realm he gained alot of his weight back.

I think the guy to watch is Trevor Lewis. I think he will make the team this year.

No way that Schenn AND Clifford both get 9 games of experience. Not enough roster spots.

Another one to watch is Hickey. Hickey has been impressing the scouts he may take Davis D`s spot guys. And as it sits right now Bernier might take Ersbergs spot. They've both played well.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 12:49 AM
downsy89

Bernier will probably take the back up spot.

Ivanans/Lewis/Cliche/Richardson.

Lewis and Cliche can both play deffense, so if Purcell not playing well in a game I can see Muarry Moving Frolov to 2nd line. Then Lewis or Cliche onto the 3rd line.You need two centers on the 4th line and one play wing, so if we ever need to move people around during a game.

downsy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
First two are possible/probable, but I don't think Schenn or Clifford will get 9 games.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 03:07 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsy89 View Post
Bernier will probably take the back up spot.

Ivanans/Lewis/Cliche/Richardson.

Lewis and Cliche can both play deffense, so if Purcell not playing well in a game I can see Muarry Moving Frolov to 2nd line. Then Lewis or Cliche onto the 3rd line.You need two centers on the 4th line and one play wing, so if we ever need to move people around during a game.
Shouldn't Frolov already be on the second line? I don't understand why so many people have this man crush on Purcell. He's only played well in a few games and he's already bumped to the second line. Not convinced about this guy yet. Frolov is Froloaf, and he sure as heck annoys the crap out of us with his play at times. But he's a proven player and he'll score another 30 goals again this year.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:15 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Shouldn't Frolov already be on the second line? I don't understand why so many people have this man crush on Purcell. He's only played well in a few games and he's already bumped to the second line. Not convinced about this guy yet. Frolov is Froloaf, and he sure as heck annoys the crap out of us with his play at times. But he's a proven player and he'll score another 30 goals again this year.
It's not as much as "peoples man crush on Purcell" as the writing on the wall this preseason. First Murray has stated how much he likes fro on the third line, remember how much he played there at the begining of last year? Also have you seen the line pairings at all this season, its clear what they are planning with all the lines, minus the 4th which is a complete toss up.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 10:57 AM
SFKingshomer

Frolov is on the 3rd line to try to create 3 balanced scoring lines. He will still play more than any forward not named Kopitar, like he did last season.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Frolov is on the 3rd line to try to create 3 balanced scoring lines. He will still play more than any forward not named Kopitar, like he did last season.
I like Frolov on the 3rd line. That line gets alot of minutes against the opposition top line. Frolov and Simmonds are good on the counterattack. This line will also be bery good at getting the puck in the offensive zone and keeping it there so the opposition's top line doesn't get much time in our zone.

When we get to do the matchups at home they will see more time than line 2 on alot of nights.

Williams has been on the point on the PP in the pre-season.

I have a feeling he is back there simulating being Stoll for the time being, but you know Frolov is in the mix somewhere on the power play. Given our dmen at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see the PP look like this...

Frolov/Kopitar/Smith
Williams/JJ

Purcell/Handzus/Brown
Stoll/Doughty

or...

Williams/Kopitar/Smith
Stoll/JJ

Frolov/Zus/Brown
Doughty/??

Purcell is at his best on the PP. So I don't know about option 2.

Everyone else ok with 4 forwards on both PP's?

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote