HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4th line center

View Poll Results: 4th line center
Metropolit 75 72.12%
Desharnais 10 9.62%
Chipchura 19 18.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Stradale

vCash: 500
I love what i saw from metro so far.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

It's Metropolit's job to lose.

But I hope he loses it. To Chipchura. Because to me, this would mean that Chipchura was successfully transitioning to the NHL, and starting to demonstrate his ability at this level. It's no knock on Metropolit, but Chipchura has a lot more upside, if he can only successfully tap into it. So to me, it's all to the good if he were to be successful and take the job from Metropolit. It would represent a victory for the Habs organization and development process, and give us a better player.

I think Desharnais will be great with Boucher in Hamilton. Him and Maxwell can duke it out all year. Maybe one of them will then be in a better position to replace Plekanec next year.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
onsider

Desharnais have an impressive defensive game and scary good offensive instincts. In my books, this guy is now ahead of Chipchura and it could be interresting for habs to have in the line up on 4th line duties. He can bring way more offense than Metropolit and can be really effective on PP if needed. We can keep Metropolit in the pressbox.

I also want to point this on the "Desharnais and Maxwell better suit in a top 6 role", Yes, maybe in a near future, but you have to remember that even a guy like Joe Thornton began his carreer on a 4th line for a couple of seasons. Habs have a very good coaching staff for youngsters, and Desharnais and Maxwell would both benefit to play some NHL games right now and practices all year with NHLers.
Also very good words on Ryan White, look way bigger than I expected and was doing very good things as a Big righty gritty Centering role.
I think Chip is out. I really wanted him to succeed in hab uni but we can move on with all these good prospects coming.

onsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
TK06

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Something like;

Cammalleri - Gomez - Andrei
Latendresse - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Lapierre - D'ago
Stewart - Metropolit - Moen
Desharnais , SK

I wouldn't mind something like that but Desharnais is 99% likely headed to Hamilton.
Posted via Mobile Device
Like it more my way lol. Metro is are guy. Desharnais stays in hamilton..
(could play around more with 4th line, SK for example.

Last edited by TK06: 09-21-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo
TK06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Drunk World Order

Glen is soooo solid as the 4th line center...so please stop making these stupid polls...He's a hard worker and smart hockey player who is very effective in that roll.

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Marksman

I'd like to see coach try Cammalleri-Desharnais-Gionta line, just once. Opposing goalie would never see them coming.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
I'd like to see coach try Cammalleri-Desharnais-Gionta line, just once. Opposing goalie would never see them coming.
And per last night's game example, especially for Bruins games, they might be especially effective against Chara. As long as we can comfortably project from last night's single pre-season David vs. Goliath show that such an outcome is assured going forward. I'm willing to believe it is.

Old
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I would go for Desharnais over Metropolit because the potential is greater. And something I noticed is that instead of other skilled player like Plekanec, etc...that only plays one way, i've impressed by Desharnais has an overall complete player. He's like a Gionta where vision is also part of their game and being defensively conscious. I like Metro but he plays one way, as a defensive role player. And he's not even slightly gritty.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
Glen is soooo solid as the 4th line center...so please stop making these stupid polls...He's a hard worker and smart hockey player who is very effective in that roll.
Yeah, but... he's also 35, was waived through the league last year, will be a UFA in the summer, and has zero upside. I agree that he's a good and versatile player for the role at the moment. But his time is short. The sooner one of our kids can bump him out, the better for us. I mean, they have to outplay him first. I don't propose giving a youngster a spot that hasn't been earned. But we should all be hoping that at some point this year, one of them earns it.