HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So...about Kadri...

View Poll Results: So, about Kadri...
Deserves to play entire year in top 6 role 11 6.11%
Should get his 9 games, and then back down 81 45.00%
Should go to junior immediately after preseason 88 48.89%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Let him have another year in London, a WJC appearance for Canada, maybe a Mem Cup appearance, then let him come in even more hungry, confident and mature next fall as a serious Calder candidate.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 12:24 AM
hockeysense*

I can't vote on this poll, but if I were allowed to record my opinion through a weighed poll, I'd vote to give him the nine games and then send him down. However, remember that it can frustrate players to be sent down (ie; Pietrangelo). Or it can motivate them (ie; Hodgson).

Either way, I think Kadri has shown great maturity in his initiation as a Leafer. He seems to be very grounded and surrounded by strong paternal influences.

hockeysense* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Mr_Fun
phil kesel fan

If he's NHL ready, I see no reason to send him to London. He's not really going to want be there and it might even just set him back. I say see where he's at after the pre-season and assess from there. If he really looks NHL ready, then give him the 9 games and go again from there.

Mr_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 01:23 AM
weems

I definitely say give him 9 games.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:01 AM
mydnyte

carrot not needed, send him down, the Leafs need to ice the team that will be trying to get into the playoffs, not a rewarding icetime to a high pick to please the fans

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 10:04 AM
satyr9

Well I have no problem giving him the 9 games if they think he's going to contribute. The best case scenario to me would be that Kessel's return actually moves up a couple weeks so that Kadri had his spot and there's only a couple games without either. 9 games gets them into late October. Now that's probably just wishful thinking on Kessel, but since there's a top 6 opening for the first month or so, why not let Kadri have it for as long as he can keep it? Although if it's looking more like December for Kessel, maybe it's best to work on pairings that can grow through until he gets back rather than having the extra turnover of Kadri jumping in and out. I'm leaning that way now, but they've gotta have a few more pre-season games before anyone can say he's earned anything though.

Is there any downside (from a financial/service perspective) to playing him the 9 games this year? Can you play him for 9 next year too? I'm not a big hockey CBA rules guy.

satyr9 is offline   Reply With Quote