HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Vesa steps up!

Old
09-21-2009, 07:51 PM
oneleafsfan

vCash: 500
Vesa steps up!

I think Toskala will step up this year and be a number one goalie. The Leafs (Granted it was 2 years ago when jfj was the gm) traded a first round pick for him. The guy has skills! I'm guessing a 60/40 split between Vesa and the Monster. 2 good goalies isn't a bad thing to have. (see leafs that last won the cup Bower/Sawchuck.) And to all of those bandwagon fans aka "tank nation" FU! The Leafs are back!

oneleafsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Mr Scarface*

Toskala has incredible talent yeah, he was fantastic at times in San Jose. First year in Toronto was real good, last season he chillaxed way too much. Beer maybe? This season... all the dominoes will fall, and Toskala will be one of the top 6 goalies in the league. Guaranteed Cup Run. Congratulations of having him. Talent and attitude.

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:02 PM
oneleafsfan

Oh ya, and i forget the guy who dissed Wendel on his "Leafs" site, but put the soother back in your mouth cuz you are WAY too young to remember what Wendel meant to the Leafs!

Old
09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
raikk

Send a message via MSN to raikk
I really hope so too but I wasnt impressed with the last game preseason game.. If he can play like he did in his first year in toronto and the last few games last year (against canucks ect) then I will be happy.. he will have help this year so really there are no more excuses for Vesa

raikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

I think it will be the opposite. I thought it was the injury and that he needed surgery last season...so what's the excuse for Saturday's stinker?

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:54 PM
oneleafsfan

Too many beers on the Friday? I dunno. It's just pre-season. Mike craig looked like Gretzky in pre-season!

Old
09-21-2009, 09:35 PM
bobermay

Toskala has tallent, but he's too small. I don't see him rebounding either....I really can't see him solidifying his number one role this season.... I hope I get proven wrong, but I think Toskala will pretty much bust.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggemon Destiny View Post
I think it will be the opposite. I thought it was the injury and that he needed surgery last season...so what's the excuse for Saturday's stinker?
The fact it's his first real/full start since surgery? It doesn't always just click right away.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
bionic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikk View Post
I really hope so too but I wasnt impressed with the last game preseason game.. If he can play like he did in his first year in toronto and the last few games last year (against canucks ect) then I will be happy.. he will have help this year so really there are no more excuses for Vesa
He was real steady in the first and third period. The second period was just filled with penalties.

bionic is offline   Reply With Quote