HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Avery has sprained MCL, "not serious" (post 35)

Old
09-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
Avery will get plenty of time to heal. It is Grachev who benefits big time here and not Lisen. The big kid is going to get his shot, thanks to Sean's unfortunate injury. He may never look back and that would be great for the Rangers. Avery helps us yet again. Get well soon Sean and make the most of this chance Tank!
How do you see that? Even with Avery out we have a stacked lineup.

Lisin-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Higgins
Kotalik-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Boyle-Brashear

Really wish we could send Drury down!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post

Lisin-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Higgins
Kotalik-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Boyle-Brashear

What bothers me is the fact people think he has no value. Get the ****in 7 million out of your head. Can you do that? I don't think you can......

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:31 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

Lisin-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Higgins
Kotalik-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Boyle-Brashear

love that lineup without voros.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:36 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
love that lineup without voros.
AND BOYLE...
there has to be a better option, he's a hot mess. I still say betts shouldve stayed. I dont see boyle adding anything other than more penalty minutes.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

What bothers me is the fact people think he has no value. Get the ****in 7 million out of your head. Can you do that? I don't think you can......
Ah, that was a light jab. Nothing more. He's fine for the third line. Is that enough value for you? He can play solid defense as a center, and has decent enough hands and is a good enough skater to support a play. Perennial 50-60 point getter. Nothing wrong with that.

Though now that we have some guys with offensive talent, he looks way out of his league when paired up with them.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
AND BOYLE...
there has to be a better option, he's a hot mess. I still say betts shouldve stayed. I dont see boyle adding anything other than more penalty minutes.
Have you watched beyond the first period of the first game? He has been very effective by being physical, using his long reach, and protecting the puck down low.

09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Ah, that was a light jab. Nothing more. He's fine for the third line. Is that enough value for you? He can play solid defense as a center, and has decent enough hands and is a good enough skater to support a play. Perennial 50-60 point getter. Nothing wrong with that.

Though now that we have some guys with offensive talent, he looks way out of his league when paired up with them.
Here in the preseason you've managed to come up with that gem, right?

Old
09-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Here in the preseason you've managed to come up with that gem, right?
Ah, just wait young grasshopper. He won't be able to handle some of our more creative players with his N-S play. That's why Cally and Kotalik are perfect wingers for him.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Ah, just wait young grasshopper. He won't be able to handle some of our more creative players with his N-S play. That's why Cally and Kotalik are perfect wingers for him.
So which is it, he's useless, or theres a spot for him on this team?

Old
09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Hmmm, so a guy thats more than capable in every single facet of the game, AND a perennial 50-60 point scorer? Sounds certainly better than just a third liner to me.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
AND BOYLE...
naw. i like boyle. really. hes been very solid. we gave a 3rd for him so if push comes to shove, he stays for that alone.

i posted this earlier in another thread, ill take boyle so far over betts. im pretty sure hes played his way onto the team.

as for aaron voros. he needs to go away. who cares if he played with gaborik.
i dont. i think hes a joke and would prefer either byers on that line or even avery if hes the odd man out for a top 9 spot.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
naw. i like boyle. really. hes been very solid. we gave a 3rd for him so if push comes to shove, he stays for that alone.

i posted this earlier in another thread, ill take boyle so far over betts. im pretty sure hes played his way onto the team.

as for aaron voros. he needs to go away. who cares if he played with gaborik.
i dont. i think hes a joke and would prefer either byers on that line or even avery if hes the odd man out for a top 9 spot.
I know you'll be shocked, but I agree with this

If Boyle can be strong down the middle, including winning faceoffs, he's an upgrade. Voros, I just think its another case of winning a spot but disappearing once the real games start. Hope i'm wrong cause the guy works hard.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:59 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

what stands out to me the most about capt cash now is that hes at best a 3rd line player on this team.

i dont see him playing the pp.

i dont see him playing when were down a goal with time running out.

when you consider the forwards we have now, hes certainly at the bottom of the top 9

thats not a negative, its just the way it is with the talent we have now.

Old
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hmmm, so a guy thats more than capable in every single facet of the game, AND a perennial 50-60 point scorer? Sounds certainly better than just a third liner to me.
Yea, he's a third liner just like Sean Avery is. You know, the guy people terribly underrate and want to play on the fourth line?

Old
09-22-2009, 10:04 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
I know you'll be shocked, but I agree with this

If Boyle can be strong down the middles, including winning faceoffs, he's an upgrade. Voros, I just think its another case of winning a spot but disappearing once the real games start. Hope i'm wrong cause the guy works hard.
i think thats all voros is when hes playing well. hard work. theres not alot of talent behind that hard work. his skating is mediocre at best. he looks goofy running all over. he certainly hustles but then nothing usually happens. and working on pure energy looks good for a few weeks, then that runs out and he cant sustain it any longer and eventually hell go back to being........well, the real aaron voros.

hes played well enough to earn a 4th line spot this camp, problem is were more talented this time around. thats the breaks when your team begins to improve its personel.

Old
09-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
So which is it, he's useless, or theres a spot for him on this team?
Oh, he's definitely got a spot on this team. But with the way the farm system is positioned and the player's we've added, I'm not so sure we're going to have room for him in coming years. Who knows, we'll address that when we get to that point.

It's going to be a matter of priority in the future. Do you get a guy like Grachev experience at the NHL level at the expense of Drury, his intangibles, and maybe 10 points? That's something you have to consider. You also have to change guard and lean on other players like Dubinsky, Anisimov, etc.

Old
09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
i think thats all voros is when hes playing well. hard work. there not alot of talent behind that hard work. his skating is mediocre at best. he looks goofy running all over. he certainly hustles but then nothing usually happens. and working on pure energy looks good for a few weeks, then that runs out and he cant sustain it any longer and eventually hell go back to being........well, the real aaron voros.

hes played well enough to earn a spot this camo, problem is were more talented this time around. thats the breaks when your team begins to improve its personel.
Total agreement with Voros argument. The same could be said for a fringe guy like Semenov. Going on pure energy to make this team and see a substantial paycheck to start the year. That's a ton of motivation. Not everyone keeps it up after the fact.

Old
09-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Oh, he's definitely got a spot on this team. But with the way the farm system is positioned and the player's we've added, I'm not so sure we're going to have room for him in coming years. Who knows, we'll address that when we get to that point.

It's going to be a matter of priority in the future. Do you get a guy like Grachev experience at the NHL level at the expense of Drury, his intangibles, and maybe 10 points? That's something you have to consider. You also have to change guard and lean on other players like Dubinsky, Anisimov, etc.
Point is, he's here, he adds value, and until the kids are ready to score 60 points a year he'll be part of this club. Dubi's time has come, Drury's place on the team is not hurting him unless he doesn't perform. Grachev is a baby still, don't worry, he'll get plenty of experience now and down the road. Patience

Old
09-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
i think thats all voros is when hes playing well. hard work. theres not alot of talent behind that hard work. his skating is mediocre at best. he looks goofy running all over. he certainly hustles but then nothing usually happens. and working on pure energy looks good for a few weeks, then that runs out and he cant sustain it any longer and eventually hell go back to being........well, the real aaron voros.

hes played well enough to earn a 4th line spot this camp, problem is were more talented this time around. thats the breaks when your team begins to improve its personel.
Aaron Voros was depended upon to be a top 6 forward at the beginning of last season (how friggin scary is that). He actually somehow fit in over the first few weeks of the season, and hes admitted he lost his game trying to become the goal-scorer that he isn't. Thats where this false "Oh, the REAL Aaron Voros will be back at some point" sentiment comes from. Well guess what, I think the real Aaron Voros is the snarly, energetic guy we;ve seen in the preseason so far. I think the REAL Aaron Voros is a guy that can go out there and cause havoc for a few minutes a night. I think all the real Aaron Voros has to do is keep his energy level up and he'll be a perfect 4th liner in a Torts system.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 10:29 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Aaron Voros was depended upon to be a top 6 forward at the beginning of last season (how friggin scary is that). He actually somehow fit in over the first few weeks of the season, and hes admitted he lost his game trying to become the goal-scorer that he isn't. Thats where this false "Oh, the REAL Aaron Voros will be back at some point" sentiment comes from. Well guess what, I think the real Aaron Voros is the snarly, energetic guy we;ve seen in the preseason so far. I think the REAL Aaron Voros is a guy that can go out there and cause havoc for a few minutes a night. I think all the real Aaron Voros has to do is keep his energy level up and he'll be a perfect 4th liner in a Torts system.
I agree completely. Well put.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 10:33 AM
TomLaidlaw

Any word on the grade of the sprain? I don't know if I would classify a sprained MCL as "not serious". That can be anywhere from a 2 to 6 week injury.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Vitto79

Gross says he is on cruches, never a good thing

Do not bother playing him in the rest of the preseason. 1st game is not for a while so let him rest up and then start him on the 4th line which is where I wanted him to start anyway,hah

Avery is a big part of the team so I hope he's ready for the opener

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

I hope our Agitator is ok.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Must be killing Avery that he's gonna miss the first weekend. But he should sit if its more than a bruise, the way he plays he'll aggravate it like he aggravates everything else

Old
09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
levski87

Quote:
Thats the Aaron Voros that doesn't want to be sent down. The REAL Aaron Voros is a guy who can barely skate, can't fight (yet loses all team momentum when he does), isn't really a great forechecker simply because he's slow, and is good for about the first 5 games of the year where teams are still adjusting. Your man love for Voros is appalling. Did you not watch any of last season?

The Voros debate continues.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote