HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Chimera taken off ice on stretcher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2009, 11:11 AM
  #51
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
You stay classy Jason. The guy comes out and apologizes and you come out and blast him?

This will not end well. Calling it dirty play implies intent to injure. Intent to injure does not usually result in apologies. See also: Tootoo, Jordin.
No, you didn't say that did you? Not you. Your tolerance for classy varies from person to person I guess, eh?

Jason could have been seriously injured in that hit and he is likely still a bit freaked out by the whole thing. That is great that Belanger apologized and he isn't that type of player, but the fact remains that he hit him in his numbers and you just don't do that.

Randy Jones isn't that type of player either but he was suspended for taking Bergeron down (and out) for a similar hit. Belanger should face a similar fate, imo.

Over time I am sure Jason will soften on the issue, but he is still out of commission because of a dirty hit...a smidge of bitterness is somewhat expected and ought to be accepted.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 11:41 AM
  #52
5StringBuzz
Registered User
 
5StringBuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Jason could have been seriously injured in that hit and he is likely still a bit freaked out by the whole thing. That is great that Belanger apologized and he isn't that type of player, but the fact remains that he hit him in his numbers and you just don't do that.

Randy Jones isn't that type of player either but he was suspended for taking Bergeron down (and out) for a similar hit. Belanger should face a similar fate, imo.

Over time I am sure Jason will soften on the issue, but he is still out of commission because of a dirty hit...a smidge of bitterness is somewhat expected and ought to be accepted.
Completely agree with your position on this. Any indication yet that the league will act appropriately?

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
  #53
Ar-too
Registered User
 
Ar-too's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 10,604
vCash: 976
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Jason could have been seriously injured in that hit and he is likely still a bit freaked out by the whole thing. That is great that Belanger apologized and he isn't that type of player, but the fact remains that he hit him in his numbers and you just don't do that.

Randy Jones isn't that type of player either but he was suspended for taking Bergeron down (and out) for a similar hit. Belanger should face a similar fate, imo.

Over time I am sure Jason will soften on the issue, but he is still out of commission because of a dirty hit...a smidge of bitterness is somewhat expected and ought to be accepted.
Then he shouldn't be talking to the media and making a bad situation worse, considering who Belanger is, because as you say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
That is great that Belanger apologized and he isn't that type of player...
Chimera's saying the opposite.

My tolerance does not vary. My expectations do, fyi.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
  #54
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA28Flyer View Post
Completely agree with your position on this. Any indication yet that the league will act appropriately?
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...4.html?sid=101

This article in today's Dispatch says, they dont expect the league to take action.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:53 PM
  #55
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Then he shouldn't be talking to the media and making a bad situation worse, considering who Belanger is, because as you say:
How exactly is he making it worse? What is going to happen? Belanger claims to not be (and his history shows) that he isn't that type of player so it isn't like he is going to head hunting now is it. Let's not get carried away...Chimmer was hurt, and it could have been bad. He was asked about it and was completely honest...to say that this was 'unclassy' of Chimmer, considering he doesn't have a record of otherwise 'unclassy' behaviour either is out of line and a stretch.

Quote:
My tolerance does not vary. My expectations do, fyi.
I guess it is all relative to the standard that you hold for certain people. Call it what you want, but there is a clear and distinct double standard there.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:12 PM
  #56
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
How exactly is he making it worse? What is going to happen? Belanger claims to not be (and his history shows) that he isn't that type of player so it isn't like he is going to head hunting now is it. Let's not get carried away...Chimmer was hurt, and it could have been bad. He was asked about it and was completely honest...to say that this was 'unclassy' of Chimmer, considering he doesn't have a record of otherwise 'unclassy' behaviour either is out of line and a stretch.
It would appear, then, that both have acted out of character.

I say we absolve them both and move on. (I mean, why break a pattern.)

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
  #57
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
It would appear, then, that both have acted out of character.

I say we absolve them both and move on. (I mean, why break a pattern.)
It would indeed be out of character for folks around here to forgive and forget. Sounds like a winning combo!

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:02 PM
  #58
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO
 
Goaliemon89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Here's a high-quality shot of Chimmers bein taken off the ice:


Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.