HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa addition buried in off-season troubles: Season Preview

Old
09-06-2009, 05:54 PM
DD88

vCash: 500
Hossa addition buried in off-season troubles: Season Preview

As part of the HFBoards partnership program, I've been granted the permission to post the below article.

Quote:
It was a busy summer for the Chicago Blackhawks and not just on the ice.

To kick-off the off-season, the Blackhawks botched qualifying offers to the teamís restricted free agents, bumping their cap stance and removing Dale Tallon as GM who is now a senior advisor with the club. Scotty Bowmanís son Stan has filled the GMís chair.

The Hawks then received word that big-ticket free agent Marian Hossa would have his contract ($62.4 million over 12 years) investigated, though the results of that remain undetermined. The Blackhawks then learned that Hossa was dealing with a nagging shoulder injury and could be out of the lineup until December. Still, the addition of Hossa adds to an already solid forward core in Chicago.

More bad news continued for the Blackhawks in the off-season. Last month, news broke that young star Patrick Kane was in legal troubles after assaulting a Buffalo cab driver. Kane has since issued a public apology.

Due to limited cap space, the Blackhawks did not re-sign forward Martin Havlat, who had a breakout year last year with Chicago. Hawks fans were teased with juicy information from Havlat via Twitter, stating his distaste with the Blackhawks organization with quotes like, ďThere is something to be said for loyalty and honour.Ē

The team did however, sign standout checking centre John Madden to a one-year contract.

After not opting to re-sign goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin, question marks exist in goal with Cristobal Huet as the teamís No. 1.

Still, the Blackhawks remain a solid core and the top threat in the West. There is reason to believe that the Blackhawks will advance to the Stanley Cup final, but unfortunately for Hossa, it will mark his third consecutive loss.

Prediction: 1st in West
For more season previews, check out www.corywilkins.ca

DD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Thanks for the read Cory, but if the Hawks do get to the Finals this year you can bet Hossa will be leading the charge and THEY WILL WIN!!

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Nice work, especially if you did that all on your own.

One thing I will say is I have to disagree with Atlanta finishing 15th in the East. They won't be that bad, just can't see it. They've added some decent players.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 12:54 AM
kostitsyn1489

I've read 2 reports about Hossa, one saying he should be out 2 weeks other, 2 monhs.

How bad is his injury?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I've read 2 reports about Hossa, one saying he should be out 2 weeks other, 2 monhs.

How bad is his injury?
Team list him as being out until mid to late November.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:43 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Team list him as being out until mid to late November.
Thanks, actually drafted him in a H2H league so i was wondering. Thought I'd be good enough to play short handed one man and still make the playoff, may not be a bad gamble.

Hopefully Hawks dont choke or I lose my pool tho haha

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote