HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Tonight, We Dine in Hell... No, Seriously" - 9.23.09 - Nashville @ Atlanta

Old
09-23-2009, 09:25 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4066
Olvecky from Hornqvist, Erat from Legwand

5-4 Thrashers.

Rinne pulled with a minute to go

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
PredsChik

vCash: 500
I can live losing only by one in a preseason game where we were down 5-2 about halfway through the third.

Get better soon, boys. We need you back 100% by October 3rd!

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 09:37 PM
predfan24

If you went by the boxscore it looks liked we dominated but goaltending was weak. 21 shots for ATL. 5 goals let in. 37 shots for us.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
Have to question your alliance to the team. Did we not come back from a two goal deficate with under two min. against the Jackets? We always play hard till the buzzer. How many games did we tie or win last year with under a min, quite a few that I recall.

While posting we score. 3-2 Atl with 19:00 left, lol.
Yeah, I'm well aware and you'll never find me turning off the game on TV or leaving a game early without a legitimate cause during the regular season. I hate to arrive late to games or leave early, but tonight...preseason, B team, radio only...I decided to watch coverage of the UN summit of dictators and criminals pontificating on our soil (congrats to Canada for leading the exodus of Ahmadinejad's speech). Sorry if that offended you...

Happy to see that the team scored a few more goals and that some of the guys battling for roster spots got on the scoresheet. Disappointed that we allowed 5 goals though and I'm looking forward to watching the highlights on Thrashers.com in the morning to see how the goals were scored.

Again, sorry if I offended you, but honestly I have a hard time believing you'd find too many people around here that question my allegiance to the team...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Don't worry, SLake, we got your back. Nobody will.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Another shaky performance from Rinne...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm a bit nervous about that too. Rinne has been spectacularly sharp at times during camp and downright awful at others. Inconsistency is unacceptable and Pekka better get things turned around prior to the start of the regular season.

Both Ellis and Rinne will get a full game this weekend. It'll be interesting to watch how Pekka performs in his final tuneup...

Old
09-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
Don't worry, SLake, we got your back. Nobody will.
Thanks! I know, but I took the bait and responded anyways...

Old
09-23-2009, 11:42 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'm a bit nervous about that too. Rinne has been spectacularly sharp at times during camp and downright awful at others. Inconsistency is unacceptable and Pekka better get things turned around prior to the start of the regular season.

Both Ellis and Rinne will get a full game this weekend. It'll be interesting to watch how Pekka performs in his final tuneup...
The one Ellis gave up to Gratton through his five hole was a soft goal. The one Rinne gave up to Little was one of the softest I have ever seen- Little literally floated it to Rinne's left from the top of the crease who watched helplessly as it glided in at 20 mph. Kicks your leg out man! The other 3 were legit though, especially Antropov's.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 12:49 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:

I'm beginning to become a little concerned as well.

This weekend will most definitely be interesting.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:53 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
1-8 PP.

While that does suck, the fact that there was a line of Goc, Spaling, Tootoo for one PP, I'm not upset.

Atlanta did have a much improved lineup but we came back from down 5-2 late in the third period. Perhaps if we had the top line there we could have gotten that 5th goal.

Weber/Suter +3
Hamhuis/Klein -1
Sulzer/Laakso -3

Also Legwand and Erat both -2

We had more shots and just by listening to the radio seemed to have more chances so it souned like we outplayed them some, but they got the goals. Hard to tell just by radio though.

Any word on Jones? He got hit hard by the boards, lost his helmet, and left the game with about 7 minutes left in the 2nd period.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotic Whim View Post
Isn't it almost 4 a.m. in Finland?

Dedication. No way in hell I would stay up that late to listen to a preseason game.
Yeah, I think it was around 3.30 when I went to bed. These days I generally go to sleep between 1 am and 2.30 am so it's just another hour or so...

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 08:31 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Any word on Jones? He got hit hard by the boards, lost his helmet, and left the game with about 7 minutes left in the 2nd period.
I read in the post game summary on the Preds website last night that Jones left the game as a precautionary move. They said that had this been a regular season game he would have returned to the ice.

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 08:35 AM
goalscorer

Quote:
Again, sorry if I offended you, but honestly I have a hard time believing you'd find too many people around here that question my allegiance to the team...
Not offended at all. Sorry, guess it came off in a way that was unintended. Was trying to be more sarcastic than anything. Always give my dudes at home a hard time when they "give up" on our boys. So heres my apology since that obviously came out wrong.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
Not offended at all. Sorry, guess it came off in a way that was unintended. Was trying to be more sarcastic than anything. Always give my dudes at home a hard time when they "give up" on our boys. So heres my apology since that obviously came out wrong.
No problem, it's hard to tell sarcasm though on a messageboard when you don't use the

Old
09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
1-8 PP.

While that does suck, the fact that there was a line of Goc, Spaling, Tootoo for one PP, I'm not upset.
Yeah, the only line that has been consistently effective on the PP in practice has been our top unit (26-19-71-6-20). The second unit (28-11-10-2-8) has been effective, but inconsistent and the other units have looked downright awful with rare glimpses of effectiveness...

Quote:
Atlanta did have a much improved lineup but we came back from down 5-2 late in the third period. Perhaps if we had the top line there we could have gotten that 5th goal.
Two things that were key to us last year and appear to continue to be as important for the team this year are that we need to score first to play from ahead and we need to find secondary scoring threats every night.

When healthy our top line is flying around the ice at camp and should provide us with a primary scoring threat nightly. The second line has shown some good chemistry with Santorelli on the wing and has consistently produced throughout camp as well. This is where I think the importance of Wilson (and Ward) getting back and getting healthy or having O'Reilly step up his game is vitally important to create a third unit that can score on a nightly basis. The deeper we can build our roster with offensive depth, the better off we are going to be. The key right now though is to get healthy.

Old
09-24-2009, 05:29 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
The Little goal was simply inexcusable. That first goal by Gratton was a real softie as well.

I thought Erat flying through the crease for a rebound was a nice goal, though, and we had a couple of goals that looked straight out of NHL09 with cross-ice passes on the setup.

Game highlights are up for those who haven't seen them yet.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Rinne's SP is 77 percent, at the moment.

Ouch.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Rinne's SP is 77 percent, at the moment.

Ouch.
He really does stick out like a sore thumb, statistically speaking.

Ellis - 33 shots faced, .941 save percentage, 1.33 GAA, 1 shutout in 94 minutes played (2-0-0)
Dekanich - 28 shots faced, .964 save percentage, 1.05 GAA in 57 minutes played (no decisions)
Rinne - 27 shots faced, .778 save percentage, 3.91 GAA in 92 minutes played (0-1-0)

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote