HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Primeau's mom not on his side

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2004, 12:32 AM
  #1
Iggy-4-50
Registered User
 
Iggy-4-50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ask your wife
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,382
vCash: 500
Primeau's mom not on his side

"If I can't convince my mom about the issues, how do I explain them to the fans who work their hands to the bone in their various jobs every day?

"I understand that with the money we make, it would be asinine to suggest to the average worker that there is a problem with money. But this (labour dispute) is about much more than dollars.

"I just wish people knew the intricacies involved."


Well for starters Keith you could try explaining those "intricacies" to the fans and your mom so you don't look like a greety nitwit!

but mom!

Iggy-4-50 is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
  #2
Lobstertainment
Registered User
 
Lobstertainment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>

Lobstertainment is online now  
Old
11-15-2004, 12:57 AM
  #3
Iggy-4-50
Registered User
 
Iggy-4-50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ask your wife
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman
I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>
LOL

i'm not shamed to admit my mother could do it to me though...and i'm close to that size

Iggy-4-50 is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 01:14 AM
  #4
velimiiro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
LOL

i'm not shamed to admit my mother could do it to me though...and i'm close to that size

....thats a big *****!

velimiiro is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 01:41 AM
  #5
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 500
well she also has a son named Wayne whose job could possibly be cut by the strike/lockout

Dave is a killer is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 07:42 AM
  #6
Benji Frank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
well she also has a son named Wayne whose job could possibly be cut by the strike/lockout
Opposite ends of the spectrum too more or less.... I wonder if Keith has been able to convince Wayne on the intricacies of this dispute.....

Benji Frank is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 10:48 AM
  #7
pei fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman
I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>
On behalf of HFBoards I hereby inform you that you have been nominated for the
top ten funny posts of the year. For your efforts you will receive an autograghed
8 by 10 glossy of Primeau's Mom(out behind the woodshed of course ).
Congratulations.

pei fan is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 03:43 PM
  #8
quat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
"If I can't convince my mom about the issues, how do I explain them to the fans who work their hands to the bone in their various jobs every day?

"I understand that with the money we make, it would be asinine to suggest to the average worker that there is a problem with money. But this (labour dispute) is about much more than dollars.

"I just wish people knew the intricacies involved."


Well for starters Keith you could try explaining those "intricacies" to the fans and your mom so you don't look like a greety nitwit!

but mom!

Yeah, it's kind of classic political nonsense. If only you could understand how difficult it is...

quat is offline  
Old
11-15-2004, 05:06 PM
  #9
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman
I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>
Too funny, but true... I would love to see Knob Goodenow tell her to retract her statement, saying she just was not well informed...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 05:31 AM
  #10
I.am.ca
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Langley
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 500
Is Mats Sundin's mom on his side about the strike?


Does this mean the end of Mats mom making him Chunky Soup?...

Same bat channel...same bat time...

I.am.ca is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 10:54 AM
  #11
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
I find it funny that Primeau's idea of charity is playing a pickup game and charging people money to see it. I hope these players are actually donating money as well.

DuklaNation is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 12:26 PM
  #12
SENSible1*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation
I find it funny that Primeau's idea of charity is playing a pickup game and charging people money to see it. I hope these players are actually donating money as well.
I am anything but pro-player in this dispute, but Primeau, along with other NHLers, using their fame and skill to generate money for a charity is worthwhile and deserving of praise, even if they keep their wallets closed.

SENSible1* is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 12:29 PM
  #13
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,379
vCash: 500
Well the upside for Mrs. Primeau is that she doesn't have to side with one son and not the other.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
  #14
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
I am anything but pro-player in this dispute, but Primeau, along with other NHLers, using their fame and skill to generate money for a charity is worthwhile and deserving of praise, even if they keep their wallets closed.
Wow, big sacrifice on his part. Most people I know involved in charity have full time jobs, families, financial commitments, yet make the time to be involved. Primeau and other players big contribution is playing a pickup game. Keep it in perspective, these guys could do a lot more.

DuklaNation is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
  #15
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,745
vCash: 50
4 words
NEVER MESS WITH MOM

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 01:34 PM
  #16
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 500
Opposite sides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Frank
Opposite ends of the spectrum too more or less.... I wonder if Keith has been able to convince Wayne on the intricacies of this dispute.....
I think there's a strong possibility that the Wayne Primeaus of the league stand to lose a lot more from the NHL's attempt at imposting a cap than the Keith Primeaus of the league do. No matter what happens, the superstars of the league are going to be the most sought after, as they're the guys that can make the biggest impact on a franchise. In a world with a hard cap, teams will free up as much space as they can to bring in these players. What would this mean? The role-players of the league would make a lot less money.

In response to the overall subject, I get a kick out of how the media's always talking about how the NHLPA is getting killed in the "court of public opinion". What frustrates me is, few reporters comment on WHY. The thing is, fans in Canada are biased, plain and simple. Pretty much every team in Canada (except Toronto) would benefit greatly from the hard cap the owners are pushing for. They're struggling to compete under the current system. Of course the vast majority of the fans are on the owners side. Thankfully, this dispute won't be decided in the "court of public opinion."

kurt is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
  #17
YellHockey*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation
Wow, big sacrifice on his part. Most people I know involved in charity have full time jobs, families, financial commitments, yet make the time to be involved. Primeau and other players big contribution is playing a pickup game. Keep it in perspective, these guys could do a lot more.
And how much have you done for charities recently?

YellHockey* is offline  
Old
11-16-2004, 04:39 PM
  #18
I.am.ca
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Langley
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 500
No matter how old you are, your Mom is still able to slap you upside the head and have you saying "Ouch Mom, i'm sorry, i'm sorry" and have you confused.

I hope Keith is getting alot of those. Wayne is probably in the good books for good till he does something stupid.

I.am.ca is offline  
Old
11-17-2004, 09:29 AM
  #19
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRedGold
And how much have you done for charities recently?
I do free tax returns for the poor and provide bookkeeping assistance for local fundraisers. Even I could do more. If I was rich, I would do more.

Don't heep praise on someone like Primeau for playing a pickup game in order to get everyone else to donate. My point is to keep this in perspective. What he's doing takes VERY little effort.

If you guys think otherwise, get involved in charity and you'll see what I mean.

DuklaNation is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.