HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets TV Coverage (All FSOhio Talk/Complaining in here)

Old
08-17-2009, 08:23 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

vCash: 500
Here is my 2009-2010 CBJ viewing setup:

I got rid of cable. That is gonna save me $85 bucks a month.

Buy hockeystreams season pass ($79 if you order by Aug 31st, $99 after)

Stream from computer to PS3

hockeystreams also is carrying ALL the Olympic games this year. So, for $80, problem solved. (hopefully)

And I am watching Over-The Air HD for free. Check out this website to see what you can view from your location for free:

http://antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Here is my 2009-2010 CBJ viewing setup:

I got rid of cable. That is gonna save me $85 bucks a month.

Buy hockeystreams season pass ($79 if you order by Aug 31st, $99 after)

Stream from computer to PS3

hockeystreams also is carrying ALL the Olympic games this year. So, for $80, problem solved. (hopefully)

And I am watching Over-The Air HD for free. Check out this website to see what you can view from your location for free:

http://antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx
Isn't the hockeystreams window to watch games really small though? Even after it's streamed to your PS3, I would imagine it would still look pretty small, even if you had a 55" TV.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Skraut

Yep, sounds like my setup.

I'm 10 miles from the antenna, but for some reason lost my FOX station when they had to cut power thanks to London Ont complaining that their signal bled over the lake and into their territory.

I'm using an Xbox 360 for the streaming, and was going to give hockeystreams a shot. But if I have any issues, I'll just grab the game torrents off of CIFNation. They're higher quality, and I can transfer them to my Tivo, but they aren't live.

I will probably buy a month of Cable during the Olympics simply because I am a huge Winter Olympics fan, and while surprisingly I don't care that much about olympic hockey, I'll watch hours and hours of curling, bobsleigh, skeleton, biathlon, and all the other sports that don't get enough coverage on the main channel.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Isn't the hockeystreams window to watch games really small though? Even after it's streamed to your PS3, I would imagine it would still look pretty small, even if you had a 55" TV.
They just increased their high-end "HD" stream size to 640x480. Which, if compressed correctly, should be just fine on my 32" LCD. They are saying that there will be a lot more games in HD this coming season (where have we heard that before, right?). The "regular" broadcast size is 320x240, which would be small. We'll see how it all turns out.

http://www.hockeystreams.com

One more thing: I was wrong on the price. Prior to September 1st, it's only $75 bucks for 12 months, and you get to lock that rate in. After Sept 1st it goes to $99.

I am very hopeful that this will be the solution that gets me through not having cable. I will post again after I get it up and running.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
CBJFan in Cincy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=cbj

According to this, the Jackets are supposed to be on Versus twice this season.

Tue, Dec 1 at Chicago
Mon, Dec 28 vs Detroit

That's pretty early in the season so hopefully they don't get dropped again.

CBJFan in Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 01:54 PM
MFRONE

Only 5 games not televised, 2 due to a cost factor (west coast) and 1 game might be because of the MAC basketball tournament (March 15th game).

MFRONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Anyway, the Jackets will not be the least televised team this season. By my count, Nashville is on Versus, TSN, CBC a combined two times. Aided by their early season trip to Sweden, the Blues will make seven appearances.

The Blue Jacket national television dates

Versus: Dec. 1 in Chicago, Dec. 28 vs. Detroit

TSN: Nov. 24 in Montreal, Nov. 26 in Ottawa

TSN2: Dec. 1 in Chicago, Dec. 28 vs. Detroit

-- Tom Reed
treed@dispatch.com
Twitter:@Tomba19
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
CavsandJax21

Preliminary National TV Schedule

NHL.com confirmed that at least two matchups, Dec. 1 in Chicago and the 28th against the Wings will both be on Versus. Depending on the performance in the first half, NBC might pick up a game on a Sunday with the flex scheduling. At least there's two guaranteed national TV games in America. Just thought I'd pass that information along to everyone.

CavsandJax21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsandJax21 View Post

NHL.com confirmed that at least two matchups, Dec. 1 in Chicago and the 28th against the Wings will both be on Versus. Depending on the performance in the first half, NBC might pick up a game on a Sunday with the flex scheduling. At least there's two guaranteed national TV games in America. Just thought I'd pass that information along to everyone.
Are they confirmed for sure? Or subject to being swapped in favor of a Detroit and/or Eastern Conference matchup? (And keep in mind Detroit isn't always enough to get us on national TV because rarely does hockey exist outside the Eastern Conference.)

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

I wil ask this here since this thread has to do with TV.

Does anyone know what the progress or lack of in the negotiations between WOW Cable and the NHL Network? Three years ago I was able to get Center Ice, then nada. The discrepency was what tier the cable company would put the programming on. Supposably the NHL told cable companies, if you don't offer NHL Network, then you cannot offer NHL Center Ice.

I would have to get satellite to get Center Ice, because my other cable option is Insight. Or get Center Ice online, but I'd rather not do that.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 10:37 AM
LaCosta Nostra

I've requested the channel from time to time via their website and only get the same form email in response. Haven't been able to find anything recent about the issues between the two which sucks, since I have WOW.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
I've requested the channel from time to time via their website and only get the same form email in response. Haven't been able to find anything recent about the issues between the two which sucks, since I have WOW.
I emailed them yesterday, and I expect to get the run around response. When I saw yesterday that Direct TV and Versus are at odds, it triggered something.

Old
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
I wil ask this here since this thread has to do with TV.

Does anyone know what the progress or lack of in the negotiations between WOW Cable and the NHL Network? Three years ago I was able to get Center Ice, then nada. The discrepency was what tier the cable company would put the programming on. Supposably the NHL told cable companies, if you don't offer NHL Network, then you cannot offer NHL Center Ice.

I would have to get satellite to get Center Ice, because my other cable option is Insight. Or get Center Ice online, but I'd rather not do that.
I'm just going with hockeystreams.com - while it is admittedly legally dubious, in my experience it's also also much more reliable. And I say that even with occasional bandwidth "brown-outs" and streams sometimes broadcasting the wrong channel.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'm just going with hockeystreams.com - while it is admittedly legally dubious, in my experience it's also also much more reliable. And I say that even with occasional bandwidth "brown-outs" and streams sometimes broadcasting the wrong channel.
went that way myself last night. Messed around with the configuration and was able to stream to my Xbox 360. Pretty cool actually.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I use hockeystreams as a filler, if Jackets arent televised or if their is a game I dont want to miss. Between going to half of the home games, FSN-O, Versus, Hockeystreams, I can usually get my fill, but if Center Ice were available through my cable, well all the better.

Old
08-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Here is the response from WOW Cable as to my question about NHL Network and Center Ice. It is just as I thought it would be.

Thank you for contacting WOW! Internet, Cable, and Phone via email. My name is Sheralyn.

I am very sorry for the trouble and inconvenience you are experiencing due to the NHL Network not currently being available in your area. At WOW! we are committed to listening to our customers requests. If you like, you can submit the channel yourself by going to http://www1.wowway.com/event/module/...yword/chanreq/. Unfortunately, we do know that WOW! will not be carrying the NHL Center Ice this year.

The channel request is for our marketing team to track what channels are being requested by our customers. They are not setup to respond to questions. At this time we have no specific information as to what channels will be added and when. As soon as more channels are being added, you can be assured that we will let you know in a variety of ways, such as updated channel lineup on our website (http://www1.wowway.com/event/module/...hannelLineups/), a crawl on the Weather Channel, and possibly an insert with your bill. I apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please email or contact us at: 1-866-496-9669. We have representatives available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you,
Sheralyn, WZ8
Tier II Tech Support
WOW! Internet, Cable, & Phone

Old
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
spacel0rd

I used to pay Directv for NHL Center Ice AND the NFL Ticket. Two months out of the year my bill would be about 180.00. I dropped the NFL Ticket, tho…its not worth it. I think Center Ice is worth the price, although, every season I can’t wait until that last payment of 49.99 is made.

spacel0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 06:11 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
Any word on how many games will be in HD?

BlueJackets39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Thought I saw something about 50. I could be wrong.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
anteater90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Thought I saw something about 50. I could be wrong.
Preview show just showed 50 HD games.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:36 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Please say that is so. HD is the only way to watch hockey on TV.

Old
09-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Aging Goalie

Does anyone know if there is a place to sync the schedule to my blackberry or outlook?

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
LaCosta Nostra

Bluejackets.com can do it, but you have to sign up (albeit for free) to a company which provides it, which I refuse to do.

Old
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
Does anyone know if there is a place to sync the schedule to my blackberry or outlook?
webcal://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/cob/ical.ics

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
webcal://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/cob/ical.ics
Awesome...still hate looking at Blues wings wings to finish out but hopefully it is us knocking them down instead of the other way around

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote