HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mutiny on the Bulldog ship?

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Brisson11

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Look what the lockout is doing to the HF posters

Old
11-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
Look what the lockout is doing to the HF posters
Actually, if you recall, I think things were typically "worse" before the lockout.

But now that I'm going to spend the next few months with nothing to do but post nonsense on these boards (while I wait for the casts to come off), I guess things should start to pick up.

[mod cloaking device]
mchpee, if you're interested in Operation Go At 'Em, here's a dealer:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/2020
Just do the old switcheroo, let those evil mods think they've got yer goats, not knowing they've been replaced with the exploding goats, and bam! blow them all to smithereens.

P.S. I tried to get in touch with these guys, but they've already got a huge domestic demand and aren't shipping anything to Canada these days:
http://www.lebanonwire.com/0401/04012401TGR.asp
[/mod cloaking device]

Old
11-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Chris Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
edit: good point by NewHabs on the D. Lots of stay at home types, not enough guys who can start the attack with a good first pass out of the zone. Although bashing Hainsey is going a bit too far since the Dogs radio guys were praising him this weekend saying he really was looking like the top prospect he's supposed to be the past few games.
Um, well, er, see, it's like this: Hainsey is not that good. I've seen more than enough. In fact, the only one worse than Hainsey is Daley and thankfully, Daley belongs to Dallas. Fine, we all know Hainsey is 6'3" and around 220, but does HE know it? His next bodycheck will be his first body check. He's not even good positionally -- no comparison with Rick Green, another big but not brutal defenceman -- which might make up for the complete absence of a physical game. Hainsey does quite little, actually. Can the guy read? Who does Hockey News always list as the best d-man: Pronger, Jovanoski, Blake, Bouwmeester, etc. -- big guys who handle the puck well AND play a physical game. Those guys are priceless. For everything else, there's Mastercard. Good night now.

Knuckles.

Old
11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I see the word 'mutiny', then I see Darz, then I see Mod, and I start getting ideas.

Who's with me ?
Is there any beer involved?

Old
11-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Hmmmn, obscenities are too easy. Releasing pictures from a Thunder Bay "House Of Ballet" could work. Especially if he ballerinas aren't quite what they seem. Maybe getting other hof posters in the area to erect Leaf stuff on his lawn. Naw, I'd better not use the erect word in case Bill wakes up. Nothing's coming to me, I'm in a creative slump. Where's Brisebois when we need him ? [end cloaking device] Hi Darz old buddy, how ya doin'
I met my wife in Port Arthur/Fort William, probably before the House Of Ballet was established.
Having questioned yourself on the use of the word "erect" you must see the ramifications [ now there's a good word ] of your subsequent use of the word "slump" as in "downturn".

Old
11-17-2004, 11:15 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
Is there any beer involved?
There's always beer involved.

Old
11-17-2004, 11:40 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
There's always beer involved.
Hearing Jimmy Buffet in the background..."It's five o'clock somewhere..."

Old
11-17-2004, 12:23 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Actually, if you recall, I think things were typically "worse" before the lockout.

But now that I'm going to spend the next few months with nothing to do but post nonsense on these boards (while I wait for the casts to come off), I guess things should start to pick up.

[mod cloaking device]
mchpee, if you're interested in Operation Go At 'Em, here's a dealer:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/2020
Just do the old switcheroo, let those evil mods think they've got yer goats, not knowing they've been replaced with the exploding goats, and bam! blow them all to smithereens.

P.S. I tried to get in touch with these guys, but they've already got a huge domestic demand and aren't shipping anything to Canada these days:
http://www.lebanonwire.com/0401/04012401TGR.asp
[/mod cloaking device]
True, I don't think mensa was sending out applications based on some of our previous threads, though your song parodies indicated a sort of genius, in a weird sort of way. Call me an idiot for asking,maybe I missed it in another thread, but casts ? [mod cloaking device] I used the word smithereens in a sales meeting last week and the room got quiet and they all stared at me. I feel vindicated. Exploding goats ? I'm not sure what the mods would be doing while the goats exploded and that's no way to die. If anyone stole my goats, I'd happily send them bags of feed and a few roles of chicken wire. [mod cloaking device]

Old
11-17-2004, 12:29 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Hearing Jimmy Buffet in the background..."It's five o'clock somewhere..."
Remember an old SNL character, they called Middle Aged Man with his trusty sidekick Drinking Buddy.Every skit ended with 'It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Not sure but I think it was Chris Farley and Mike Myers. Somehow I may have become him.

Old
11-17-2004, 12:55 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Remember an old SNL character, they called Middle Aged Man with his trusty sidekick Drinking Buddy.Every skit ended with 'It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Not sure but I think it was Chris Farley and Mike Myers. Somehow I may have become him.
Ah, the eternal goal in life...to become the Drinking Buddy.

Old
11-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Call me an idiot for asking,maybe I missed it in another thread, but casts ?
Ask Darz and his thugs about that. Fortunately, I'm not into fishnet stockings myself, otherwise all the unsightly scars that will remain from the steel plates and bolts and all that would have devastated me. Instead, I look at it as a kind of nice enforced winter holiday. The only thing that would have made it better was an NHL season, so I could subscribe to one of those All The NHL Games packages and have an actual excuse for just sitting around watching hockey all winter. Oh well. Thanks all the same, Darz.

Closed Thread