HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meh, it's only the pre-season.

Old
09-24-2009, 11:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Good to see I'm not the only one concerned about Moen. It just doesn't seem like he fits with the rest of the team. I liked the signing at the time though. But like the topic says - it's only preseason.

I'm also disappointed again by Latendresse, who I had pencilled in for second line duty. His offensive instincts seem to be regressing.

The Habs didn't do that badly, considering we had no Markov or Gionta (or Cammalleri for over half the game). I thought Martin's shootout lineup was terrible but again it's the preseason so who cares.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I honestly think there is something wrong with him. He just seems really cautious out there, which is nothing like I remember seeing him play in the past.
his roster spot is not threatened. He knows he made the team. He along with everyone knows that he brings alot of grit to the game, no need for him to go crazy in pre-season and risk getting injured. I"m sure we'll see the real Moen starting Oct 1st!

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Dear anyone coaching the Habs,

NEVER LET PLEKANEC SHOOT IN THE SHOOTOUT WHEN IT'S AN ACTUAL IMPORTANT GAME.
Man I remember Pleks used to be money in the shootout. Remember, he would swing wide (almost touching the boards), cut across the crease then come back and just slide it in. ahh the good ol' days ..

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
his roster spot is not threatened. He knows he made the team. He along with everyone knows that he bring a physical aspect to the game, no need for him to go crazy in pre-season and risk getting injured. I"m sure we'll see the real Moen starting Oct 1st!
I can understand him not wanting to risk an injury. But there's also mental mistakes I've noticed as well. He doesn't seem to be involved in the play, and for a physical player. He seems to be floating around the ice a fair amount.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Stradale

Latendresse should not play in the top 6 when the season starts. Sergei and D'Ago are better than him. Even Pacioretty is better.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Good to see I'm not the only one concerned about Moen. It just doesn't seem like he fits with the rest of the team. I liked the signing at the time though. But like the topic says - it's only preseason.

I'm also disappointed again by Latendresse, who I had pencilled in for second line duty. His offensive instincts seem to be regressing.

The Habs didn't do that badly, considering we had no Markov or Gionta (or Cammalleri for over half the game). I thought Martin's shootout lineup was terrible but again it's the preseason so who cares.
I don't even know what to say about Latendresse. I don't know if Martin's new system is confusing him, but he seems lost out there. I don't know how many times I counted that he was out of position, or behind in the play.

Old
09-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Crystal Met

was at the game, pretty exciting even though we lost.

gomez was excellent, especially that one shift on the PK
at this point i would go 1 A) price 1 B) Halak, he was great tonight
pyatt is better than i tought
dagostini had a couple of good chances
nice fight by stewart
and i j.martin must of told ak at some point to hit more cause i remember one shift where he nailed everybody.
thats about it, didnt see the goal vause i was vuying beers

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Santino

Quote:
I can understand him not wanting to risk an injury. But there's also mental mistakes I've noticed as well. He doesn't seem to be involved in the play, and for a physical player. He seems to be floating around the ice.
i agree. i see the his unwillingness to perform tonight at his 100% intentional. Whether thats justifyable or not is the question. But im not worried about him.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Man I remember Pleks used to be money in the shootout. Remember, he would swing wide (almost touching the boards), cut across the crease then come back and just slide it in. ahh the good ol' days ..
I remember him doing that, but he never really scored that often...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Ross MacLochness

I think Moen is going to be money in those slow, sloppy games we always seem to play in places like MSG and Jersey and such. After seeing him play last year, he's definitely not going all out right now.

-Latendresse, nice player, just hate watching him. Can't get past his skating stride, it's really difficult to look at. Don't like him in the top 6.

-Akost, I hope to god it's just rust and timing problems right now. Because offensively he's looking like the "Post-Darkest Day" Akost. Fumbling and fanning on the puck... If he plays like that all year, we are so ****ed it's not even funny.

-Still not happy about having 3 small centremen.

-Halak is going to be awesome this year.

-Pyatt can play the game. I'm impressed.

-it's nice having Gill's ogre stick back there. Even if he has no mobility at all.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:35 PM
NewHabsEra*

That was the most structured hockey game of the camp, almost every kids looked good, you clearly see that this team is going in the right direction, Martin's system is already taking form.. So thats what I was asking for years, a bunch of guys working as a team, now Im quite pleased and the best is to come..

A.Kost was quiet in the third, just like the whole team but I think he showed some promise tonight, was way more awake and involved in the play, so its looking good and Im sure Martin will continue to work with him to finally see our 10th overall pick blossom..

It wont be an easy season, we will have to face the Bruins, Leafs and the Sens 6 times.. but Im confident we will make the playoffs..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
I don't think Plek was ever good in the shootouts. He scored a penalty shot like that and has a crap load of breakaway goals in his career but he can't seem to handle the shootout. I guess it's the pressure.

That said, we got ***** in the faceoff circle tonight. Bergeron killed us.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Stradale

Latendresse hasnt had a single real good game in preseason yet and he played in the top two line twice. Didnt do ****.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:39 PM
goldglove

D'Agostini - Gomez - Cammalleri
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Gionta
Latendresse - Lapierre - Pacioretty/Kostitsyn
Moen - Metropolit - Laraque

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Plekanec is 1 for 10 in his career. So i guess there was 1 good old day.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't think Plek was ever good in the shootouts. He scored a penalty shot like that and has a crap load of breakaway goals in his career but he can't seem to handle the shootout. I guess it's the pressure.

That said, we got ***** in the faceoff circle tonight. Bergeron killed us.
Plekanec scored one shootout goal against Nashville I think, and it was a really ugly one. He fell on the goalie or something and the puck just trickled in.

For the faceoffs, Lapierre was missing in action tonight and he is the best faceoff man in the team.

Last edited by Hermamoud: 09-24-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:49 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRic View Post
Metropolit was always deep in the Bruins zone battling in the corner and winning his battles. He played his role marvelously. I don't expect less or more from him. He was one player that I don't normally remark much last season, but tonight, he was one of our most solid player. I just checked on NHL.com and he did 3 takeaways tonight with no giveaways!

Carle did nothing. He was getting pushed out of the puck and couldn't make a good pass to his teammates most of the time. It seems like he had little confidence in this game. He remind me of a newly arrived Gorges, before he got his game together in the last part of the season.
It looks like we saw completely different games! Seriously, you may be right about Metro. I haven't seen him much tonight and all I remember was him losing the puck once or twice. But I like him and know he also plays very well without the puck.

But for Carle, I watched him closely all game long (along with Weber), and seriously, I saw the exact opposite of what you describe. He really impressed me in the corners, winning battles against bigger guys. He looked really confident when skating with the puck out of his zone. His first pass was solid and on stick. He never put the team in trouble. And his play on PK was also very solid. He's well positionned all the time and already seem to handle the Martin system. He was not too flashy offensively and really tried to play a defensive game mostly, at which he succeded pretty much.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
i agree. i see the his unwillingness to perform tonight at his 100% intentional. Whether thats justifyable or not is the question. But im not worried about him.
I guess I can't say I'm worried. I think it's I was expecting to see a little bit more than what he's shown. If it continues into the regular season, than I think I would say I would officially worried.

Old
09-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I honestly think there is something wrong with him. He just seems really cautious out there, which is nothing like I remember seeing him play in the past.
He had about 5 outs, but I agree, his determination seems to be off, but it could be because it's pre-season.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:56 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

I think Moen is a player we'll complain about in the first half of the season, but that we'll start loving more and more as the playoffs are getting closer, and as the play is getting tougher.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 11:56 PM
overlords
Hfboards

whats the official word on cammy?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He had about 5 outs, but I agree, his determination seems to be off, but it could be because it's pre-season.
That's what I'm hoping, because for our team to be successful. We're going to need Moen banging and crashing through our competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
According to Martin, he has a lower body injury which he says isn't very serious.

Old
09-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
x-y-z
w-s-t

C: Gomez
A: Gionta
A: Markov

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I wonder if we'll have cuts before Saturday's game. I think we'll get a couple of injured regulars back.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 12:09 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Like habs10 commented, nothing serious. Cammalleri would have continued on if this were regular season, Martin said it was all precautionary. Glad that's the case.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote