HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(PS#6): 9/24/2009 Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers 7:00pm MSG (HD)

Old
09-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
It's 2G and 2A in 2GP. Just sayin'....
82 GP 82 G 82 A 164 Points

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 04:39 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
98GP 98G 98A 196 Points.......and a stanley cup

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 07:47 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Well he's only played a third of the games so far, so more like 27GP 27G 27A 54PTS.

09-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would rather drink mud than Guinness. I'm not a stout man, but Guinness is the Bud of stouts.

**** is terrible. Garbage.
Gotta mix it Rx. I like it 50/50 w/ Hoegaarden.

Anyway, I had trouble with streams and my wireless connection last night, but didn't see Anisimov taking regular shifts with top 9 players when I was able to watch. Would I be reading to much into it to think that it's a signal he's the odd center out?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Couldn't catch the game last night, can anyone tell me what players looked the best/worst?

Thanks!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 08:39 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Went to the game last night. Decent crowd for a pre-season game. Very enjoyable game. I thought they played sloppily much of the time, but obviously, some very encouraging signs. The new guys definitely made their case for the fans last night, and Dubi seems intent on earning his contract.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Gotta mix it Rx. I like it 50/50 w/ Hoegaarden.

Anyway, I had trouble with streams and my wireless connection last night, but didn't see Anisimov taking regular shifts with top 9 players when I was able to watch. Would I be reading to much into it to think that it's a signal he's the odd center out?
Yeah, I think it is...which really sucks for Anisimov. However, if someone like Lisin struggles, I think Tortorella moves things around and calls up Anisimov again. I think he's essentially getting shafted in favor of Lisin at the moment, partly because Lisin has to go through waivers if they wanted to send him down, but if necessary I can see them scratching Lisin and putting Prospal back on the wing and bringing up Anisimov

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 08:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
I would rather drink mud than Guinness. I'm not a stout man, but Guinness is the Bud of stouts.

**** is terrible. Garbage.
LOL, I think Guinness is a good beer. In my top 10? No. In my top 15? Probably not. Probably not even in my top 20. However, it's that beer that's a good go to beer when you're at a bar that has nothing better or you're trying to watch your calories without getting a Bud Light.

I enjoy the taste of Guinness then again for me I love really dark beers, so meh.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
ohbaby

Gabby showed his stuff last nite. No surprise there. That 50 best players, with Gabby being #50 is a joke. When healthy he must be in everyone's top ten.

Dubi was fresh and energized. Not sure he's a first line center though. Tough as nails, but not much of a playmaker.

Prospel keeps trying to force his passes. They routinely get intercepted.

Higgins impressed with his speed, checking, defense, and offensive positioning in front of the net.

MDZ continues to improve. Impresses me more with each and every game.

Wish Grachev would show more offensively.

I feel Anisimov's game will come back down to reality, the more he faces NHL types. Though he should be given a chance with some decent linemates.

Gilroy was Gilroy even though he was a minus 2.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
First impression from last nights game? (Sorry I was working and had to watch it on DVR)

These kids on D belong here...they're playing fantastic. Gilroy looks like he's been in the league for 3 years. Man that kid can skate, pass and shoot. Great stick check on Ovechkin! Too bad Lisin screwed it up and Semin ends up rifling one.

Gaborik's shot was ridiculous. Jose Three-or-more couldn't even react. That shot will bring many butts off their seats this year.

Del Zotto has made some great steady plays and used his body well. I really love how he is just fitting right in.

I can't remember the last time we had this much excitement going into the season with 3-4 kids possibly tagging along.

I didnt get to see the Higgins goal...I fell asleep. I'll check on that a little later.

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Aww man I forgot about Dubi.....Holy crap he was FLYING. Looked like he had a new set of wheels!

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Dubi was fresh and energized. Not sure he's a first line center though. Tough as nails, but not much of a playmaker.
He's not a traditional playmaker like Nylander or Thornton, but he made a lot of really slick passes last night...he's got skills. That pass to spring Callahan on the breakaway was really nicely done

Old
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He's not a traditional playmaker like Nylander or Thornton, but he made a lot of really slick passes last night...he's got skills. That pass to spring Callahan on the breakaway was really nicely done
He has the hands to make the slick passes but I don't think he has the vision to be a true playmaker. There were a few times last night when he had the puck on the wing in 2 on 2 situations and didn't see wide open trailers (or whatever you call the third player coming in). Could've created some odd-man situations but didn't see the opportunity. On the other hand, the pass to Cally for the breakaway (should've been a penalty shot) was pretty.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Dubinsky is going to be a really good fit with Gaborik, who doesnt need the traditional playmaker to be effective. I really liked the Higgins-Dubinsky-Gaborik combo. Gaborik's best attribute seems to be his ability to dart into seems and use his devistatingly quick wrist shot. I think Dubinksy and Higgins are going to create a lot of room and lose pucks for Gabby to feed on. It doesnt hurt that they have good hands to go along with their ability to bang.

I also think shifting Prospal down to another line would benefit other players, specifically Callahan.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
LOL, I think Guinness is a good beer. In my top 10? No. In my top 15? Probably not. Probably not even in my top 20. However, it's that beer that's a good go to beer when you're at a bar that has nothing better or you're trying to watch your calories without getting a Bud Light.

I enjoy the taste of Guinness then again for me I love really dark beers, so meh.
Drink some better stouts, though, man! Guiness is just not enjoyable at all in comparison. I'm not a stout man, but give me a Rogue stout any day over this stuff.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
He has the hands to make the slick passes but I don't think he has the vision to be a true playmaker. There were a few times last night when he had the puck on the wing in 2 on 2 situations and didn't see wide open trailers (or whatever you call the third player coming in). Could've created some odd-man situations but didn't see the opportunity. On the other hand, the pass to Cally for the breakaway (should've been a penalty shot) was pretty.
Yup, that's why I think he's not a traditional playmaker. He's more of a rounded player who will look to make the play himself, or make a nice pass if he sees it there. I'd say a traditional playmaker is the guy who's always looking pass first or for that trailer on the play

Old
09-25-2009, 10:09 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
He has the hands to make the slick passes but I don't think he has the vision to be a true playmaker. There were a few times last night when he had the puck on the wing in 2 on 2 situations and didn't see wide open trailers (or whatever you call the third player coming in). Could've created some odd-man situations but didn't see the opportunity.
I agree. While that pass to Cally was nice, anyone could have seen him breaking. His vision and sensing his teamates in the offensive zone is not the best. While he may be strong on the puck, he rarely creates any opportunity with it. Even the game winner was him thinking,... go straight to the net.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 10:21 AM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

it has probably been said a few times already...but the release on gabby's first goal was just disgustingly quick....

one more week!

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Drink some better stouts, though, man! Guiness is just not enjoyable at all in comparison. I'm not a stout man, but give me a Rogue stout any day over this stuff.
I do . Unfortunately, not every bar has them though.

Sam Smith's Oatmeal, Brooklyn's Chocolate, North Coast's Old Rasputin, are a few stouts I like a lot. I'm more of a dark, brown, red ale, porter, kind of guy though. I also like Doppelbocks a lot as well as various other styles. I enjoy going to places with a big selection and just picking random beers to try.
A few lagers although they tend to be my least favorite.
Big on the Oktoberfest beers, pumpkin beers can be good, like the winter ales. Summers tend to be too light to me.
Fruit beers can be good if done right (ex. Blue Point's Blueberry)

All in all, I like most styles and I have my favorites. As I said, I like Guinness as a great fallback beer. Sometimes when you go to a bar it's Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Guinness, and maybe Sam Adams. For some reason I usually don't like to get Sam Adams at bars, so I go with Guinness. Plus it has the lowest calorie count out of just about any beer other than "light" beers at around 170 per pint. Also I always enjoy the look some people give when I get a Guinness. People always say, how do you drink that, it's so heavy, it's like having a meal .

Old
09-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Martin2D

Guiness is an Irish dry stout, all of those are Russian Imperial Stouts, American Double Stout, American Stout, or Sweet Stouts. You're comparing apples and oranges. Not all stouts are the same...

On the other hand, Guiness is a terrible dry stout, even though I don't really like the style.

Martin2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I don't think I've had any other Irish Dry Stouts. So I guess I have nothing else than other Stouts to compare it to.

Old
09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
video

Anyone have video of Gaborik's goals from this night's game they could post? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 06:08 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
same here, looking for video from all 3 goals the other night

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote