HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

* New York Rangers Training Camp 2009 Thread *

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2009, 10:16 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
I remember a bunch of times where Prucha sat for Rucinsky or Callahan sat for Naslund, even if the young guys scored in that game and we needed the tie.
I'd love to know what game callahan sat for naslund.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:29 AM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
I'd love to know what game callahan sat for naslund.
I think he's talking about shifts late in tight games. Not entire games.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Your potshot at Renney is most troubling because its not even particularly true. Seniority? Not even based on how well they played? I mean, c'mon.

People used to scream bloody murder around here because Renney switched up the lines and didnt allow chemistry to form. Now, I can already see the double standard..where constantly tinkering with the lineup will be a good thing now, as opposed to when Renney did it.

Hold onto your hats. You think Renney switched the line formations a lot? Wait until you get a load of Tortorella.
I'd love to know who was ELSE was on the ice with Naslund at the end of games...This isn't baseball it isn't like Naslund was pinch hitting for Callahan, they don't even play the same side......Naslune plays Lw.....Callahan plays Rw....pretty selective.......But, that's what the anti-Renney crowd did for 5 years here..

Yeah, I can't wait for the season to start and to see the flip flop flip posters go crazy about how many times Torts changes the lines up....CAN'T WAIT!!!

The double standard's are going to be pointed out every time Torts does something that Renney got heat for....

Old
09-26-2009, 10:41 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
I think he's talking about shifts late in tight games. Not entire games.
And what is there to complain about?
Naslund saved our ***** against the bruins and against atlanta (graves night no less) excuse me if he dosen't want a clutch shooter on the ice late in the game because he's not "young"

Old
09-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
And what is there to complain about?
Naslund saved our ***** against the bruins and against atlanta (graves night no less) excuse me if he dosen't want a clutch shooter on the ice late in the game because he's not "young"
Correct. Lets not forget Naslund did score more goals than Callahan last season.

Selective memory and blanket statements are a dangerous thing.

Old
09-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
I remember a bunch of times where Prucha sat for Rucinsky or Callahan sat for Naslund, even if the young guys scored in that game and we needed the tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Perfect example.
so Renney put the teams' leading goalscorer, Naslund, on the ice in a situation where they needed a goal to tie? ****ing Renney.

Old
09-26-2009, 12:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

From Andrew Gross

Gilroy and Drury will not play on Sunday-both are healthy

AA and Boyle will be in the line-up

Torts believes Higgins and Kotalik could score 35 goals apiece

http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

Old
09-26-2009, 01:07 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Here's some things to watch tomorrow:
- Brandon Dubinsky will start the game centering Christopher Higgins and Marian Gaborik - the presumed opening-night top line. But Dubinsky will be moved through the lineup as well.
- Both Artem Anisimov and Brian Boyle will be in the lineup and it seems obvious they are competing for one roster spot as the fourth-line center.
- Vinny Prospal will start as a center but will also be used at left wing as Tortorella tries to figure out where he best suits the Rangers.
- Michael Del Zotto will continue to be evaluated on the power-play point.
- Henrik Lundqvist will play his second straight full game
http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...st-warmup.html

Old
09-26-2009, 01:24 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
You know Rucinsky always played well for us. I have no idea why we didn't resign him.

Old
09-26-2009, 01:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Is Tortorella indecisive or something?

What is there to evaluate?

And why the hell is he so intent on trying Prospal at center? In Tampa he moved Prospal from his natural center position to wing.

Now all of a sudden he is infatuated with the guy in the middle?

Dubinsky
Drury
Anisimov
Boyle

SIZE was going to be our strong point down the middle, remember how you were whining that we were too small and weak down the middle, Torts? Now you want Prospal there?

Get with it Torts.

Old
09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Is Tortorella indecisive or something?

What is there to evaluate?

And why the hell is he so intent on trying Prospal at center? In Tampa he moved Prospal from his natural center position to wing.

Now all of a sudden he is infatuated with the guy in the middle?

Dubinsky
Drury
Anisimov
Boyle

SIZE was going to be our strong point down the middle, remember how you were whining that we were too small and weak down the middle, Torts? Now you want Prospal there?

Get with it Torts.
If Prospal plays wing then there's no room for Lisin = bad

If Prospal plays center then Artie plays on the 4th line and Boyle sits = equally bad

I don't see a way out of this situation unless there's a trade or long-term injury (don't say it...)

Old
09-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Vitto79

Today's lines:
Christopher Higgins-Brandon Dubinsky-Marian Gaborik
Enver Lisin-Vinny Prospal-Ryan Callahan
Evgeny Grachev-Artem Anisimov/Chris Drury-Ales Kotalik
Donald Brashear-Brian Boyle-Aaron Voros

I like this better now just send Grachev down and use Drury on the wing. Avery in for Voros when he is ready

Old
09-26-2009, 01:47 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post

If Prospal plays center then Artie plays on the 4th line and Boyle sits = equally bad

I don't see a way out of this situation unless there's a trade or long-term injury (don't say it...)
Thats kind of the whole point of this. Torts probably already has his mind made up. But now is the time to experiment and see IF Prospal can play Center, because plyaing this uptempo system is going to result in injuries at some point. Preseason is the time for experimentation and see if guys can do certain things.

Either way someone we want to see is being cut on the forward lines or atleast scratched. Whatever decision he makes by opening night will piss someone off.

Old
09-26-2009, 04:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post

There is an easy way around this...

Voros doesn't need to be in the lineup.

I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is so high on this guy all of a sudden.

Easily the worst player on the team last year (and this year) he plays decent at the beginning of every season, the problem is he disappears the rest of the 70 games of the year.

Lisin and Anisimov can both be in the lineup and play good minutes in offensive roles.

Also, there is no reason to keep Boyle out of the lineup. He is a better player then Voros. Bigger. Better skater. Better hands.

I just don't see any good reason for Voros to be in the lineup, ever. Unless everyone else is injured. And even if that were the case, id rather Grachev get a few games while the other guys heal.

Voros should be a scratch unless there is some dire reason to put him in the lineup.

It's not that i don't like him. I do like him. He's a cool guy, a team guy. But he is not a good NHL player.

Old
09-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Martin2D

I never though about that before...Voros does suck and Boyle has played wing in the past, we should just play Boyle on the wing if Prospal flourishes at center.

We could roll:
Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Lisin-Dubi-Cally
Avery-Drury-Kotalik
Brash-Anisimov-Boyle

With the way Torts shuffles lines, there's plenty of capability to have a ton of offense and still have somewhat of a crusher fourth line with players that could move up. Good thinking.

Old
09-26-2009, 04:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2D View Post
I never though about that before...Voros does suck and Boyle has played wing in the past, we should just play Boyle on the wing if Prospal flourishes at center.

We could roll:
Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Lisin-Dubi-Cally
Avery-Drury-Kotalik
Brash-Anisimov-Boyle

With the way Torts shuffles lines, there's plenty of capability to have a ton of offense and still have somewhat of a crusher fourth line with players that could move up. Good thinking.
I could get behind that to start the season.

Old
09-26-2009, 05:01 PM
CheeseDogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2D View Post

We could roll:
Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Lisin-Dubi-Cally
Avery-Drury-Kotalik
Brash-Anisimov-Boyle

that looks pretty good

Old
09-26-2009, 05:32 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
There is an easy way around this...

Voros doesn't need to be in the lineup.

I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is so high on this guy all of a sudden.

Easily the worst player on the team last year (and this year) he plays decent at the beginning of every season, the problem is he disappears the rest of the 70 games of the year.

Lisin and Anisimov can both be in the lineup and play good minutes in offensive roles.

Also, there is no reason to keep Boyle out of the lineup. He is a better player then Voros. Bigger. Better skater. Better hands.

I just don't see any good reason for Voros to be in the lineup, ever. Unless everyone else is injured. And even if that were the case, id rather Grachev get a few games while the other guys heal.

Voros should be a scratch unless there is some dire reason to put him in the lineup.

It's not that i don't like him. I do like him. He's a cool guy, a team guy. But he is not a good NHL player.
So what if he only plays well at the beginning of the season? Let him play while he's hot then sit him when he falls back to earth. It's not like we're stuck with the same 12 forwards all season.

Old
09-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Torts believes Higgins and Kotalik could score 35 goals apiece

http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord
I have strong doubts that Tortorella actually believes. maybe wishes desperately that it will come true, but counting on it? meh

Old
09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
ThirdEye

There is no way Kotalik will score 35 goals. That's basically double what he averages

Old
09-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Higgins-Dubinsky-Gaborik

Yes please.

I still dont' like Prospal @ Center though. Prefer him on the wing, so Anisimov and Boyle can be in the line-up, unless Torts plans on moving one of them to wing.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Higgins-Dubinsky-Gaborik

Yes please.

I still dont' like Prospal @ Center though. Prefer him on the wing, so Anisimov and Boyle can be in the line-up, unless Torts plans on moving one of them to wing.
Like that line. Think it could do some damage.

I like Prospal at center to an extent. For instance, I think if hes centering Cally, it could go a long way.

Old
09-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Like that line. Think it could do some damage.

I like Prospal at center to an extent. For instance, I think if hes centering Cally, it could go a long way.
I think we'll see a number of different scenario's from Torts this season with that first line LW.

Higgins. Kotalik. Prospal. Avery. Lisin. Maybe Drury, or Grachev as a late season call-up.

Higgins is definitely not a 1st liner, but I think the style of hockey he plays, along with his skill level and skating make him the best overall candidate. It sets up the rest of the lines nicely too.

Drury, Callahan, Kotalik, Prospal, Lisin, Avery, and Anisimov fighting it out for the top-9.

I think Drury, along with Callahan can be effective in a two-way role. They showed some chemistry last year. Kotalik and Prospal on that left side should work. Avery too, when he's healthy.

I think Lisin belongs on the 3rd or 4th line for now. Assuming Prospal centers that line, we could see something like:

Higgins-Dubi-Gaborik
Kotalik/Avery-Drury-Callahan
Avery/Kotalik-Prospal-Lisin
Voros-Anisimov-Brashear

?

I'm not too thrilled. I think Artem should be playing more than a 4th line role, even if it's just temporary to see how he plays.

Boyle looked good enough to center that 4th line. I think he was good defensively, and caused some havoc along the boards.

I much prefer something like:

Higgins-Dubi-Gaborik
Kotalik-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Prospal
Lisin-Boyle-Brashear

Use Lisin on the PP.

I don't mind seeing some of Voros on that 4th line either. They definitely deserve another look. Hell, if Aaron plays well, we might be able to move him and promote Byers, who I think isn't far away from being ready.

Old
09-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Does anyone know did we officially put Byers on waivers yet?

Old
09-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Osminator

IMO, Grachev is best served playing 20 mins. a night in Hartford... go the same route Anisimov went, it won't hurt him as he is only 19, surely beats playing only a few mins. in NY and being on the bench...

Closed Thread