HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial NHL 10, NHL 2K10 Thread

Old
09-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
I played both 2k10 and own NHL 10. I think NHL 10 is far supirior in every catagory.

The board play is definately a great addition and makes the game much better, and I thought it was a gaping hole in past years. Cycling, deflections and screens are the best way to score, and I only play on hardcore mode. Passing takes a lot of getting used to, but it's much more realisitic. It's easier to miss passes to the D in the offensive zone and they slide down the ice.

NHL 2k10 is alright I guess, if you like a much more arcade, rush-style game with slapshots like gunfire. The comparision is almost not fair, just due to the amount of resources EA throws into their development in comparision to 2K.

Friedrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 02:15 AM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
just got it and loving it (NHL 10). ive always been a sega boy but after playing NHL 09 on friends' xboxs, I made the switch. Greattt game. Huselius went down with an injury whichbumped RJU up to L1 and Filatov to L2 (:

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Porkopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I played both 2k10 and own NHL 10. I think NHL 10 is far supirior in every catagory.

The board play is definately a great addition and makes the game much better, and I thought it was a gaping hole in past years. Cycling, deflections and screens are the best way to score, and I only play on hardcore mode. Passing takes a lot of getting used to, but it's much more realisitic. It's easier to miss passes to the D in the offensive zone and they slide down the ice.

NHL 2k10 is alright I guess, if you like a much more arcade, rush-style game with slapshots like gunfire. The comparision is almost not fair, just due to the amount of resources EA throws into their development in comparision to 2K.
Did you tinker with the sliders? I'm telling you, 2K10 can be made to play in just about anyway you want. I agree that NHL10 is the better all around game out of the box, but 2K10 is more my cup of tea with good, sim-style sliders. EA's game tends to bore me after a while, but I think it is because I prefer single player over online.

Porkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Kinda funny, because I changed to 2K series to find realism as I got fed of EA's easy-to-get-in style of arcade play. But I guess we just find different things realistic. I still can't think any reason why anyone would call EA's skating realistic? You can glide around without your skates moving and your player reacting to turns is not how a real player would react.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote