HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Edmonton @ Hamilton - Wed, Nov 17 - 7:00 PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2004, 08:05 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
I'm sorry everybody, I don't want to start anything but...can someone tell me...who's in goal? (Don't tell me too loud, just in case...)

...I can't listen to the game...no headphones no speakers...I'm living in middle age...

Old
11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
katodelder

Dannis is starting and he's made some good saves. Had no chance on the first EDM goal and was deked out of his jock strap on the second.

The Ellis/Dannis controversy exists only on this board. All other media outlets that cover the team seemed to be concerned with the Dogs' lack of offence and their difficulty adapting to Jarvis' system.

Old
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
katodelder

Bishai scores top corner, no chance for Danis. 3-0. A powerplay goal. Higgins got a full 5 minutes for high-sticking (a rule I'd like to see the NHL adopt).

Old
11-17-2004, 09:24 PM
sundaystar

is the game over

Old
11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
RaTcine

Yeah
3-0 Edmonton

Old
11-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Razorblade

If this team is ever going to win another game, they have to start playing with some emotion. Weak, errant passes, shots that miss the net, soft defensive play, it goes on and on. Not one player had a good game tonight for the Dogs, it was a collective effort of bad play. As one fan put it at the game, there should have been a disclaimer on the ticket for tonights game: any resemblence of the Hamilton Bulldogs to a hockey team is purely coincedental. There are a couple guys who "stuck out" tonight, because of their bad play.

Ron Hainsey. Wow, there's no good way to put this, he is terrible. He shoots when he should pass, and vice versa. Can't make a good opening pass, and never takes the man in the defensive zone. Pick it up man, if you continue to play like that, Matt Shasby is gonna take your spot, and that's not saying much.

Trevor Daley. My opinion of this guy has taken a full 180 from the beginning of the season. Get over the fact that you are not Bobby Orr and pass the puck once in a while. His shot is terrible, and he couldn't play any weaker in the defensive zone.

There's no one to point out on forward, they all contributed in their own little way to the pathetic performance tonight. A 5 on 3 shorthanded goal, that's about as low as it gets.

If Jarvis can somehow get these guys motivated to play this game every night, just maybe they'll start winning again, but right now it doesn't matter if it's Dan Ellis, Yann Danis, heck Jose Theodore, this team isn't going to win.

Old
11-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Chris Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade

Ron Hainsey. Wow, there's no good way to put this, he is terrible. He shoots when he should pass, and vice versa. Can't make a good opening pass, and never takes the man in the defensive zone. Pick it up man, if you continue to play like that, Matt Shasby is gonna take your spot, and that's not saying much.

Trevor Daley. My opinion of this guy has taken a full 180 from the beginning of the season. Get over the fact that you are not Bobby Orr and pass the puck once in a while. His shot is terrible, and he couldn't play any weaker in the defensive zone.
This reads like an echo of what I said in the last Hamilton post. These two are brutal. They're awful. Daley belongs to Dallas, so he's not my problem. I'll say it again: Hainsey's next body check will still be his first. I'm going to keep saying that until we get the count closer to no. 2. Can he read. Would someone start mailing Hockey News clippings about top flight d-men to Hainsey? Would someone tell him he's 6'3" and 220 because he doesn't seem to know it. And don't give me any positional stuff. He's never going to be Rick Green. In fact, he's never going to be an NHL dman at this rate.

Geez. Somebody should lose a job for that choice. Good night now.

Knuckles

Old
11-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Duster

I'm a little puzzled at Hainsey to be honest. One moment he's an all- star, the next he's a goat. I still think that a good defense coach is what he needs. Someone like Robinson who can show him when to rush, pass the puck and when to hit. He is an above average talent that needs one on one coaching by someone he respects, IMO. If this guy ever gets it going...

Closed Thread