HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens, 7:00pm (CJAD,CKAC,RIS, ???)

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

I wouldn't know quite honestly, just throwing a stupid comment out there.

I find it pretty comical that years ago, Gionta and Gomez were part of the reason why Montreal struggled against New Jersey yet now they are scoring goals and winning games FOR us.
Those guys in addition to Cammy are really going to make a major impact. From all accounts, the dresing room is already much closer and looser then it was last year. According to an article in the G&M the Koivu, Kovalev bad blood was really bad for moral and caused a fisure in the room. Now, everyone seems to be getting along and defending each other which is soo refreshing!

Old
09-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
or people should at least wait till after the game to start jumping off bridges because a goalie let in 2 goals.
The comments were either about him giving bad goals, which in the end, it doesn't matter if he stops the next 90 shots, if the goals were stoppable, they were stoppable. Then, if it's about the overall feeling that you have once he's in net compared to our other goalie, it still doesn't matter much how he rebounded. Until the end of the season, some Bruins fans had a terrible time to give Thomas all the credit he deserved. Obviously on our board, we were still expecting him to fail, but it was a little bit the same, to a certain degree, on their board. And the guy ended up being a Vezina winner. So at this point, the feeling has to be that Halak looks safer than Price.

IT CAN CHANGE. Real fast. But we are today and we'll see how it evolves.

Old
Kosti46

Some of you guys give up way to easily.

All these comments earlier about getting rid of Price. Making Price the number 2 goalie.
What happened tonight? Price got scored on by two players having a breakaway. The goals were the fault of Hammer and Georges who gave up breakaways.

Then what happened? The D tightened up. Price sharpened his game and played great.

Then some 3rd and 4th line players stepped up and scored some goals. Lappy, and Stewy. And....presto we win a close game by playing well the last two periods

Never give up. we can always come back for the win like we did tonight.

I for one am excited to see our team this year. I think they will play much better than last years team.

Miller made saves on 3 or 4 breakaways. If he lets two of those shots in we win 5-2.

Old
NHLcrazy

So Stewart is known as 'Stewie'? Reminds me of family guy or Chewie from Star Wars

Old
09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post

All these comments earlier about getting rid of Price. Making Price the number 2 goalie.
What happened tonight? Price got scored on by two players having a breakaway. The goals were the fault of Hammer and Georges who gave up breakaways.

Then what happened? The D tightened up. Price sharpened his game and played great.

Then some 3rd and 4th line players stepped up and scored some goals. Lappy, and Stewy. And....presto we win a close game by playing well the last two periods

Never give up. we can always come back for the win like we did tonight.

I for one am excited to see our team this year. I think they will play much better than last years team.

Miller made saves on 3 or 4 breakaways. If he lets two of those shots in we win 5-2.
sigh...everything you said is right.. i do feel bad for crapping on price BUT, i will not retract my statement that halak has beeen waaaaaaaaaaaay more sharp this preseason, and probably should not start the year at no1 but if price doesnt get it all going 10 games into the season, halak better be given the oppurtunity

Old
09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
MathMan

Quote:
This. Price might have made great saves on the goals, but they weren't weak. He kept the team in the game afterwards.

Old
09-26-2009, 08:55 PM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
Gionta made me have to change my pants many times this pre-season.

Old
09-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:

I think that at one point, it doesn't matter who's fault it is. Price needs, in due time, to not only be able to not give bad goals, but also save his team from time to time. I mean, on his great glove save he made today, I'm sure that it was somebody's fault that the guy was way open, but he saved the day. Same for Miller who saved his team numerous times tonight before he couldn't do it anymore. The team that will miss the playoffs will have a goalie who'll give numerous bad goals. The team that won't go far in the playoffs will have a goalie who won't be able to save his team from defeats.

Old
09-26-2009, 08:59 PM
MathMan

LOL @ Martin

"Pyatt, upper body?"

"Upper body."

Heh. I think everyone knows it's a concussion, Jacques...

Old
09-26-2009, 09:00 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think that at one point, it doesn't matter who's fault it is. Price needs, in due time, to not only be able to not give bad goals, but also save his team from time to time.
He did exactly that several times tonight in the second period.

Next?

Old
09-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He did exactly that several times tonight in the second period.

Next?
Seems to me that I made this comment about his game in general and not entirely based on today's game....But I guess that since he did it today, he'll do it all year long.....though it's still preseason right?

Old
09-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The comments were either about him giving bad goals, which in the end, it doesn't matter if he stops the next 90 shots, if the goals were stoppable, they were stoppable. Then, if it's about the overall feeling that you have once he's in net compared to our other goalie, it still doesn't matter much how he rebounded. Until the end of the season, some Bruins fans had a terrible time to give Thomas all the credit he deserved. Obviously on our board, we were still expecting him to fail, but it was a little bit the same, to a certain degree, on their board. And the guy ended up being a Vezina winner. So at this point, the feeling has to be that Halak looks safer than Price.

IT CAN CHANGE. Real fast. But we are today and we'll see how it evolves.
but you see it does matter. Goalies let in soft goals ALL THE TIME. Marty Brodeur lets them in quite often. Bobby Luo lets them in. Honestly, the majority goals guys let in someone will call "stoppable." Frankly i find it hilarious with fans here because every goal Price lets in, it could of been deflected 3 times through traffic and you'd have half a dozen posters calling it a weak goal.

At the end of the day, it does matter. If you let in 1 "stoppable" shot all night and you shut the door on 40 others, if you lose, its not the goalies fault. Rebounding from a bad goal or start to a game matters whether you think so or not.

and Halak, good goalie great potential. I love how a 4 game stretch last year has made the guy a god in some eyes despite the fact that he gave up 3 goals+ more often then Price. I am sure you know that giving up 3 or more makes it very difficult on your team whether or not you looked shaky or let in a bad goal in the first.

Old
09-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
but you see it does matter. Goalies let in soft goals ALL THE TIME. Marty Brodeur lets them in quite often. Bobby Luo lets them in. Honestly, the majority goals guys let in someone will call "stoppable." Frankly i find it hilarious with fans here because every goal Price lets in, it could of been deflected 3 times through traffic and you'd have half a dozen posters calling it a weak goal.

At the end of the day, it does matter. If you let in 1 "stoppable" shot all night and you shut the door on 40 others, if you lose, its not the goalies fault. Rebounding from a bad goal or start to a game matters whether you think so or not.

and Halak, good goalie great potential. I love how a 4 game stretch last year has made the guy a god in some eyes despite the fact that he gave up 3 goals+ more often then Price. I am sure you know that giving up 3 or more makes it very difficult on your team whether or not you looked shaky or let in a bad goal in the first.
indeed, you may take a look at this thread from last season

Old
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:

Brodeur let those soft goalie more and more, but I would kinda blame it on something that is called getting old......which can't be applied to Carey. What can be is lack of experience which again, is not Carey's fault for being in that position but more about the guy who put him there, which is something I kept repeating time and time again.

Again, you missed my point. When I said that "2 stoppable goals and then he can't stop 90 more", I meant, people are commenting ON THE SPOT, on the goal he just was scored on. People are reacting at the present moment. This is what a game thread is all about right? 'Cause if you don't want a game thread, we could not have one, wait till the game ends, and then make our comments IN GENERAL on the game we just saw. But since a game thread exist and we feel that he was weak, we have to say it as we see it. But people can't make the difference between "He was weak" and "He is so weak we want him gone in a trade". Reason why every freakin time we talked about Koivu last year, reason why when we talk about Gainey, Timmins and some untouchables of this organization, we have to every freakin time add that WE DON'T WANT THEM GONE even if we bash them. In this board, when you bash a player, or a member of the organization, you either want them traded or gone.

As far as Halak is concerned, again, we talk as we see it. Like most people in here kept laughing at how Tim Thomas looked, to see him win the Vezina trophy, like most people here kept saying how Kovalev looked lazy to then praise him 'cause he scored 2 goals right after. Or when we praised Kovalev 'cause he scored 1 fast goal but then bash him 'cause he was invisible right after or was the reason why we got scored on. Or when Bégin was the greatest warrior we've ever had until he got caught with a high stick in a game against Toronto I want to forget but can't where then he went enemy #1. People call it as they see it. And people can also changed their minds. But also, isn't it possible that we are not talking about the same people? Isn'it possible that the ones that are bashing a player are not the same ones that are praising him?

As far as Halak is concerned, well reason why he was a semi-god is that the stretch he played in made it possible for us to be a playoff team. I think that it's enough to consider him now. I also believe that it's totally disrespecting a goalie that has to play one of the toughest role ever, which is a #2 who has no room for mistakes compared to a #1 who can do plenty without being in danger of his #1 spot. Add to that the fact that you can be rusty for not playing a whole lot and you can probably start having a better opinion of Halak.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:29 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

that's al he did ? really ?

Old
09-26-2009, 10:52 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that's al he did ? really ?
what did he do? really?

Closed Thread