HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FROZEN FURY XII - Colorado v. Los Angeles - 9/26/09 - 6PM

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2009, 10:32 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

vCash: 500
Think they will take Doughty to the nudy bars after the game.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:34 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

I felt the splash all the way from here...

Old
09-26-2009, 10:37 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

KINGS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Simmonds with the empty net.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:37 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Wayne "The Pain" with the empty netter...

Old
09-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Omni Owl
Dual Negative

That Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds line sounded prettty lethal.

Old
09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Does anyone else think that Simmonds will or can make Brown expendable. I know he is our captain and all, but I can see Simmonds being every bit and then some the player brown is. Latter on Simmonds would make a hell of a Captain in a few years.
Not yet, but you may not be that far off. If Brown doesn't get back to his play of 2 years ago I wouldn't be suprised if his name came up in rumors. Although there'd have to be a big return for Brown because his Cap number IMO makes him untouchable.

Old
09-26-2009, 11:13 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

I sure hope they have highlights to this game. I would love to see Kopi's PS.

Old
09-26-2009, 11:16 PM
sueroe

Man those Vegas games sound fun! Doughty and Johnson with great games! Nice to see all the young ones stepping up with goals! Hopefully that offense will carry on into the regular season!

Old
09-26-2009, 11:41 PM
JDM

Holy crap.

Old
09-26-2009, 11:42 PM
JDM

Both teams played like garbage. It was awesome, but an abomination of a hockey game... Then again, its only an hour after and I don't rmember much

Old
09-26-2009, 11:46 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
I sure hope they have highlights to this game. I would love to see Kopi's PS.
I didn't see a single camera, except the one following Heidi, who interviewed me during intermission.

They didn't even have a live feed at the arena.

Just pulled up to our restaurant! Vegas baby!

Old
09-26-2009, 11:51 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I didn't see a single camera, except the one following Heidi, who interviewed me during intermission.

They didn't even have a live feed at the arena.

Just pulled up to our restaurant! Vegas baby!

Oh well. I guess ill have to wait for the handheld camcorder recording on youtube to pop up

Old
09-26-2009, 11:52 PM
socalpuck

Just got back from the game. Both teams did not play well. Kopi have some nice moves on the ps. When Simmonds is on the ice he is all over the place and he looked great in his scrap. Doughty was solid and JJ just looks like he has a ton of confidence.

Old
09-26-2009, 11:55 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

If you want to see a poorly played game, just head on over to the Pond tomorrow to watch the Kings play Anaheim. For some reason they keep insisting on playing a back-to-back in Anaheim after FF and the Kings always look like crap - probably hung over.

- T

Old
09-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Me and the old lady are at Raffles cafe @ Mandalay Bay eating spinach dip. Stop by for a free bronski on my wife's big'uns! Go Kings!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Does anyone else think that Simmonds will or can make Brown expendable. I know he is our captain and all, but I can see Simmonds being every bit and then some the player brown is. Latter on Simmonds would make a hell of a Captain in a few years.
way to kill the mood of a fun thread and good win with a dumb post like this. Why is it some people can't be happy about the play of one player without denigrating another?

Old
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Both teams played like garbage. It was awesome, but an abomination of a hockey game... Then again, its only an hour after and I don't rmember much
Good recap! lol!

Old
09-27-2009, 12:34 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
That Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds line sounded prettty lethal.
Fro-Pain-Zues line
Propane Juice line?

Old
09-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Just saw this! Blasphemy!

Old
09-27-2009, 12:53 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

I was thrilled to see the boxscore and who got points for the game. I hope there's some highlights.

Old
09-27-2009, 01:02 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Just saw this! Blasphemy!
Never!... Just like the way Simmonds is coming on, not trying to be a killjoy. Just thinking about the future.

Old
09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

My vote is for a future with Simmonds & Brown on the same team.

"I'm Willard and I approve of this message"

Old
09-27-2009, 01:30 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I will give my review of every player and the game in general:

First off, I was sitting in front of what was either a 13 year old boy who was in the process of changing his voice, or a 33 year old lesbian who had gone on an extensive whiskey binge. But it sounded like someone was torturing a god damn cat.

So here we go:

G

Quick: Disappointing. Other than a good one in the last minute, Quick had no big saves, and let in 2 questionable goals (though I was on the other side of the ice at the time). He looked unconfident and his positioning was subpar

D

Jack Johnson: Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Rushing the puck, keeping his man to the outside, he was all over the place tonight (in a good way). 2 assists on the night, easily the best defenseman on either side

Drew Doughty: Also had an amazing game. The scary thing is that his hockey sense is actually improving. He knows where to be, and never has any problems clearing the puck. Also he scored an absolute beauty, on a Bobby-Orr-esq Rush

Davis Drewiske: I am essentially his advocate, and well, he impressed very much. He is the 3rd offensive defenseman on the team, but what makes him good is his good hockey sense and his good skating. I dont think he's the most reliable in terms of strength in the defensive zone, but he's always in the right place.

Rob Scuderi: man he impressed me. I thought I was going to be dissapointed, but he really has an elite pokecheck. Overall, he is elite on the defensive side of the ice. He will win 90% of the battles with his stick. However, he literally only has one move to move the puck - chip it off the boards on the backhand. Good thing he is with JMFJ

Matt Greene: took some bad penalties, but was physical and plays hard. It would be wrong to say that he has "blossoming offensive abilities" but let's just say that he can make a decent outlet pass at this point.

Alec Martinez: Dissapointing. Offensively, he's capable and is pretty effective in terms of puck possession along the blueline, but he looked lost a lot of times. Simply put, he's not close to being Doughty's caliber and it showed due to them being paired.

F:

Anze Kopitar: truly the man of the hour. He scored 2 goals (1 of which was a broken play created by JMFJ, the other was a beautiful PS) but could have had 4, he missed several beautiful opportunities. He is physical, and keeps up with the play. He has been conditioned well. Expect to see a different Kopi.

Ryan Smyth: Not particularily suprising in either way. I guess I expected a little more presence in front of the net, but he grinded well, and has suprisingly impressive playmaking ability. His veteran presence is very noticeably positive.

Justin Williams: Put into a role which he cannot possibly fulfill. Get him the **** off the powerplay point, he cant do that. In fact, he can't function on the powerplay period. Shoot-first. But I like that at even strength. Great even strength 2nd line player, but dont expect him to do well at 1st line or on the powerplay. I will just say this again for clarity: his performance on the powerplay was god awful.

Alexander Frolov: Pretty much your standard Alexander Frolov game. Elite puck protection along the boards, not too much offense, when he was in good position, the puck bounced badly for him. He could have scored 2 goals in situations, in 1 situation he missed the net, in the other, he flubbed on the shot entirely

Michal Handzus: OK game. He played his game, did his role, but not that well. I wouldnt say that he had a bad game, but he had an off game. Im not really worried, it's obvious that he was just in a minor slump and nothing more (IE he didnt get a puck that was going right too him etc)

Wayne Simmonds: Possibly the story of the game. Gordie Howe hat trick, easily the best player on his line, just a dominant game. He will be so good next year. Expect him to be the Kings best winger other than Smyth.

Dustin Brown: Penalties defined his game. To me, he has cemented the reputation of being a diver. Took some bad penalties, and often got lucky that other got penalties as well. Generally played a mediocre game. Had a good opportunity and drove to the net, and made a good defensive play or 2. Expect more of 08-09 Brown than 07-08 Brown

Jarrett Stoll: Ugh. Terrible game. I dont care about the assist, he did so little right. He took a bad penalty, and was responsible directly for the 1st goal. Turnover machine, made all the wrong plays. Bad game for him.

Ted Purcell: Flashes of impressiveness. However, I dont know if he will be as good as they suggest. Doesnt shoot the puck enough. Works suprisingly well along the boards. The best player on his line.

Trevor Lewis: Really awesome. He is looking more and more like an astute 1st round choice. He has 50 point 2-way center written all over him. Works along the boards well, he's a lock to make the team, and could eventually replace (within the next 2 years) one of Stoll or Handzus

Kevin Westgarth: He's much, much better than Ivanans. He fights, and he can also skate a regular shift wihtout getting a penalty.

Coaching: I thought that the Kings were exceptionally well coached. We always had the right line out, and I loved the line changes that were made. I think that Terry Murray clearly outcoached Joe Sacco.

Old
09-27-2009, 01:38 AM
braino

Did Brayden Schenn play?

Did Schenn play?

I'd still like to see Schenn given more time with Purcell & Brown. Stoll-Handzus-Simmonds line would be excellent.

Old
09-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by braino View Post
Did Schenn play?

I'd still like to see Schenn given more time with Purcell & Brown. Stoll-Handzus-Simmonds line would be excellent.
No, at least I don't think so, Murray said yesterday that he was giving Schenn the night off.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Closed Thread